• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free agency and draft thread

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean they're thinking win now... they have a decent OL, a top end RB/TE (prospects anyway, neither have been ELITE compared to others yet), and a decent WR... and a defense that was average. If they can draft another WR (in a very deep class) and EDGE (both are fairly deep) they MAY have a shot.

The NFC South sucks. The NFC North is kind of in a little rebuild phase outside of the Lions. The NFC East has fallen apart. And the NFC West with San Fran might be the only major competition given Donald just retired.

I dunno, seemed a bit hasty to me too... But maybe they didn't like Nix or McCarthy.
Maybe. He's had talent around him in Minny which seems to be kind of the same in Atl. Crappy division but they're paying him to win playoff games which outside of 1 win has failed.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have traded up for Daniels if possible bc a rookie contract is the most valuable thing in the NFL. BUT it is a risk and you have a team built for the playoffs now. You can’t put playoff wins all on a QB, Cousins is a top 10 QB without a doubt. The Vikings most years had a below average defense at best, not all on him but he also had some bad moments.
I would have moved up as well. Getting paid big money means you gotta put the team on your shoulders in the playoffs to bail out the defense.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints are signing DE Chase Young to a 1 year, 13M, fully guaranteed deal.

lol terrible signing. $13M is way too much and Chase while he had a good rookie season and showed promise can't stay healthy in a full time role. I can understand what the 9ers did who were a team that was SBOWL ready (and they obviously made it) and I could understand a team that is a Super Bowl ready team making the signing (where other talented defenders can help him) but $13M would still be too much. $7-8M was probably the correct number and going to a playoff ready team, not the Saints who will be lucky to make the playoffs. Saints are nowhere near Super Bowl bound... they should in theory be worse this year.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mattison and White is a solid duo at RB.
Mattison is an okay #2 RB, but he’s not a #1 RB caliber guy. White has a lot of potential but I’m not sure yet how good he is - he’ll have to be the #1 RB in Vegas this seaosn though, Mattison isn’t the guy to get the primary load of carries, so White will have to take over as the #1 guy in the backfield for the Raiders. Should be interesting.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mattison is an okay #2 RB, but he’s not a #1 RB caliber guy. White has a lot of potential but I’m not sure yet how good he is - he’ll have to be the #1 RB in Vegas this seaosn though, Mattison isn’t the guy to get the primary load of carries, so White will have to take over as the #1 guy in the backfield for the Raiders. Should be interesting.
White played really well down the stretch for the Raiders.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White played really well down the stretch for the Raiders.
I agree White has the potential to be a good #1 back, he’s very talented, he’s just not proven yet. He‘ll have to take on the role of #1 RB in Vegas now though, so we’ll see what he’s got - I think he’ll have a good year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry....Eagles fans will love giving up a 3rd and 2 7th round picks and getting back Pickett and a 4th when they understand they could've given up a 6th that would turn into a 4th in 2025 for Fields...read this thread, they claim Howie is the only chess player GM in the NFL and the Eagles organization is the bestest everer....
It's probably better the Eagles didn't trade for Fields. There's a chance if Hurts continues to struggle like he did at the end of the season, media and fans might start talking about putting Fields in one of the games. No one would be calling for Pickett. Now I believe Hurts will bounce back and get back to his SB year form but what they gave up for Pickett seems fine too me.