• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free agency and draft thread

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the chiefs were signing Curtis Samuel. He’d be scary with maholmes
The current rumor is that the Chiefs are the ones dragging their feet at that moment when it comes to L'Jarius Sneed. Sneed wants to stay in KC. If the Chiefs keep him on the tag, its only 1 year, then he is gone, someone else will give him a contract, and the Chiefs will likely get a future 3rd. If they're only getting a 3rd right away...maybe just keep Sneed and try to build the offense through the draft. Of course, you have the possibility of Mahomes going nuclear if none of his receivers can catch or separate. Chiefs are basically weighing CB vs WR.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,081.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The current rumor is that the Chiefs are the ones dragging their feet at that moment when it comes to L'Jarius Sneed. Sneed wants to stay in KC. If the Chiefs keep him on the tag, its only 1 year, then he is gone, someone else will give him a contract, and the Chiefs will likely get a future 3rd. If they're only getting a 3rd right away...maybe just keep Sneed and try to build the offense through the draft. Of course, you have the possibility of Mahomes going nuclear if none of his receivers can catch or separate. Chiefs are basically weighing CB vs WR.
Stop me if you have heard this but the draft is absolutely LOADED with receivers.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop me if you have heard this but the draft is absolutely LOADED with receivers.
And my current thought on the draft is that there are only 2 CBs with Sneed's athletic profile let alone the ability to develop into as good or a better player.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he was in Philly with schwartz....thoughts on Hicks?
Solid starter. It’s been awhile but he held up very well in pass coverage vs backs and TEs. I think he had one season with 5-6 picks. He was hurt the Super Bowl season and got too expensive. Yes. He was there during Schwartz’s time in Philly so he knows Schwartz’s scheme.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sneed gets traded for what the Lions traded for Davis I will punch a baby. Unless it is to the Lions for their other 3rd. Then I will be happy about it

JEp_CM.gif

This scene will never not make me laugh.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And my current thought on the draft is that there are only 2 CBs with Sneed's athletic profile let alone the ability to develop into as good or a better player.
Personally, if it’s me I lock down the elite corner. The Chiefs have been pedestrian at WR the last two years and they have 2 Lombardi’s. I think the lock down corner has more value in a vacuum. Now you add Patrick Mahomes into that equation who can seemingly make WRs better and it becomes no brainer territory for me.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bears upgrade their back QB situation behind Caleb Williams. :trash:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, if it’s me I lock down the elite corner. The Chiefs have been pedestrian at WR the last two years and they have 2 Lombardi’s. I think the lock down corner has more value in a vacuum. Now you add Patrick Mahomes into that equation who can seemingly make WRs better and it becomes no brainer territory for me.
They can't lock him down. The choice was Chris Jones or Sneed and they chose Chris Jones. Chiefs have more tough decisions (like most teams) next year. They either:

1) trade Sneed now, use the money on a FA, and get a draft pick that they might use on a CB
2) Keep Sneed on the tag this year, they lose Sneed next year, get a late 3rd rounder in 2026(?) when someone else gives him a contract

I do see the merit in picking the 2nd option

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,081.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't lock him down. The choice was Chris Jones or Sneed and they chose Chris Jones. Chiefs have more tough decisions (like most teams) next year. They either:

1) trade Sneed now, use the money on a FA, and get a draft pick that they might use on a CB
2) Keep Sneed on the tag this year, they lose Sneed next year, get a late 3rd rounder in 2026(?) when someone else gives him a contract

I think #2 is what they do.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might mean the bears are fixing to get that 5th rounder for fields
I feel bad for Fields. I could see the situation was going to end up with a couple of good QBs being stuck out in the cold when all the jobs were filled. I didn't know in January that Garoppolo was going to be 1 of them. He seemed to be embedded with an $11M guarantee with the Raiders. I thought Tannehill would get offers as well. I projected Mayfield and Darnold as the 2 who would hold out for money and end up struggling. I was wrong. Fields was always going to be in an awkward situation. Clearly the Bears don't want him to leave after 2024 as a UFA that doesn't count towards the compensatory pick formula.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is where you need Mahomes to restructure and free up space to make Sneed happen. I may be calling for something that’s already been done though in order to get Jones locked up. Haven’t been following if Mahomes restructured.