• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free agency and draft thread

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally! A good Wilson in Denver!

Or at least marginally better than the last Wilson and exponentially better than Stidham.

mjzFpKu.jpeg

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds about right. At this point Wilson isn't worth his guaranteed salary. Any team acquiring him would expect the Jets to either be paying some of the salary or giving up a higher pick than they're receiving. Either way it's a low value deal for a back-up QB. Wilson shouldn't be a contender to start, unless he has dramatically improved since December 2023.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must not have seen Russ play the last two years…

Russ was a good QB. I know everyone does the "what have you done for me now?" thing, but he was good.

He had the best deep ball in the league a number of years.
Re-invented the pistol offense.
Was a magician in the backfield with his ability to extend plays being the best in the league.
Created a safe space for short men and midgets in the passing game.

He wore out after Suh screwed up his ankle and his finger got jacked (I think by Donald - basically the Rams ended this Subway asshole).. which is fine.. but he's still the best QB Seattle ever had and worthy of a HOF nod at least... I don't think he'll get in the HOF because Seattle is a small market. If Wilson was the starting QB for the Giants he'd already be in the HOF.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it and like I say Russ wasn’t good in Denver, but Zach Wilson has NEVER been good in the NFL. He has more INTs than TDs in his career, has never thrown for 10 TDs in a season, and has a 57% career completion percentage. He’s trash all the way around. In his 2 years in Denver, Russ threw for over 3000 yards both years and had 42 TDs to 19 picks. He wasn’t good but even in his bad years in Denver he was better than epic bust Zach Wilson, I don’t even see how anyone can argue that Zach is somehow better right now, he’s complete trash.
zach wilson could,nt hit water if he fell out of a boat in the ocean.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zach wilson could,nt hit water if he fell out of a boat in the ocean.
It’s kind of hard to tell if Wilson is a bust forever or if he can be rebuilt and developed. That’s the thing, the Jets are a dog shit organization, especially on the offensive side of the ball. No continuity and a ton of malpractice.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ was a good QB. I know everyone does the "what have you done for me now?" thing, but he was good.

He had the best deep ball in the league a number of years.
Re-invented the pistol offense.
Was a magician in the backfield with his ability to extend plays being the best in the league.
Created a safe space for short men and midgets in the passing game.

He wore out after Suh screwed up his ankle and his finger got jacked (I think by Donald - basically the Rams ended this Subway asshole).. which is fine.. but he's still the best QB Seattle ever had and worthy of a HOF nod at least... I don't think he'll get in the HOF because Seattle is a small market. If Wilson was the starting QB for the Giants he'd already be in the HOF.

He has 9 pro bowl selections. He's a lock for the HOF. Even if you take away his SB ring, he would get in.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s kind of hard to tell if Wilson is a bust forever or if he can be rebuilt and developed. That’s the thing, the Jets are a dog shit organization, especially on the offensive side of the ball. No continuity and a ton of malpractice.
It is hard to tell but I dont think it was a coincidence that Zach Wilson went high in the draft most impacted by COVID. Wilson (and Ill add Trey Lance ) literally didnt play anyone of note in college. There just weren't enough real reps to know what you were getting.

A decent part of the leadership in an organization is the QB itself. The whole team has to believe in you regardless of the coaching. I'm not fully sure what to make of the whole Mecole Hardman not even getting snaps on the Jets situation but when you have a good QB you can make pretty much anyone work outside of guys who just openly give games away.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, Zach Wilson better than Russ? Russ didn‘t do well in Denver, but Zach has been nothing but a major bust since coming into the NFL, an all time awful bust, one of the worst in NFL history, he hasn’t done shit. Russ has a Super Bowl ring. And I wouldn’t even call Zach “exponentially better” than Stidham, seriously what the hell has Zach ever done? He sucked donkey balls with the Jets.
Russ is way better than Zach.

SMH.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it and like I say Russ wasn’t good in Denver, but Zach Wilson has NEVER been good in the NFL. He has more INTs than TDs in his career, has never thrown for 10 TDs in a season, and has a 57% career completion percentage. He’s trash all the way around. In his 2 years in Denver, Russ threw for over 3000 yards both years and had 42 TDs to 19 picks. He wasn’t good but even in his bad years in Denver he was better than epic bust Zach Wilson, I don’t even see how anyone can argue that Zach is somehow better right now, he’s complete trash.
Zach is strictly a backup on a decent to good team.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My same thought with the Rams at 19.
Especially this year. With the quality and quantity of high caliber prospects at QB, WR and OL there will be some geat value/steals at 15-25. Like Gonzalez slipping last year to NE.

This is a good year to move back if you're drafting high. Lots of potential mid 1st to mid 2nd. If I'm a GM and not one player away, I'm stockpiling picks.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only reason to trade up for the Rams is if they really wanted Bowers. I think a trench player will be there when they pick without trading up so they are probably best off just taking BPA trench player.

Agreed. I don't think Bowers gets past 10, and really the Rams already have two solid TEs in Higbee and Parkinson. Not that they would keep McVay from taking Bowers, but they might keep him for trading up for him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure its even a consideration. I personally think 25 is about as high as the Chiefs should trade up and Bowers will be long gone. If the Chiefs do a crazy trade up, I suspect it would be for Mims or Fautanu or one of the Texas WRs.

Yeah, I doubt McVay would let him slide past 19 if he fell into their laps.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot of shade gets thrown at Russ, and I understand why Broncos fans would do so. He's not as bad as he's being made out to be.

Now Zach? Hard to say. He's had flashes, but then he reverts to knucklehead mode quickly. A better situation and mentor couldn't hurt.

I think Stidham is getting too much hate too. Not an ideal starter, but one of the better backups in the league and can win you some games IMO.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I doubt McVay would let him slide past 19 if he fell into their laps.

No, no no no! You do not get any of that! The correct thing to for the Rams to do is give their 1st to Seattle for free... and for Aaron to come out of retirement and also play for Seattle.