• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft & FA. Where do we start?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I would be totally down with that if I thought they were going to give Deuce a legit chance. But I don't. They didn't give him a carry last year where he had a chance to succeed. It was always when they were up or down 20 in the 4th quarter when the other team knew you were handing it off every single time. I do think Deuce could be a lead back for as long as he could hold up
This is a good point. Teams knew when Deuce was in there he would likely get the ball. It's easier to defend when you know what's coming. If he got 15-20 carries he would probably make a big play. Blocking is another issue?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good point. Teams knew when Deuce was in there he would likely get the ball. It's easier to defend when you know what's coming. If he got 15-20 carries he would probably make a big play. Blocking is another issue?
Yes Sir. Where Deuce would kick ass? Put him in on early downs and spread 3 WR's and Jake, and then run the Damn ball. Or throw it to him out of the backfield. He would really put the defense in a bind because he can make people miss one on one with his quickness, and then it's adios. But keep him out of this end of blowout/short yardage bullcrap. That's just misuse

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
laugh if you will but a huge opportunity has presented itself for Vaughn to be in the rotation. Knowing what I think has been what this kids make-up is....I think he makes himself known this season.
The opportunity is there for sure and I hope Vaughn steps up (heck I hope anyone steps up) but from what I saw last year he looks like he is going to be in a battle for a roster spot. I think Rico is the one who claims the role and will share time with Zeke.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The opportunity is there for sure and I hope Vaughn steps up (heck I hope anyone steps up) but from what I saw last year he looks like he is going to be in a battle for a roster spot. I think Rico is the one who claims the role and will share time with Zeke.
so you laugh...many would based on last year.

not shocking. we shall see

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
laugh if you will but a huge opportunity has presented itself for Vaughn to be in the rotation. Knowing what I think has been what this kids make-up is....I think he makes himself known this season.
And you are not usually optimistic.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only "all in" I see going on is the FO screwing the cap up. They were in a good situation until they caved to Zeke's demands when they should have been paying Dak.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only "all in" I see going on is the FO screwing the cap up. They were in a good situation until they caved to Zeke's demands when they should have been paying Dak.
Goes further back than Zeke even. Tyrone Crawford was a huge one. Overpaid and then kept paying him instead of trying to restructure and if not, cutting.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say games are won up front. I was pleasantly surprised that they drafted 5 lineman. These are not finesse type players they drafted either.

Beebe is big and plays nasty . A perfect fit at center, but has versatility to help out elsewhere on the line. And of course if he plays dirty and gets away with it? I am all for that lol.. Beebe looks like the first real Center since Frederick. All Pro potential IMO

Guyton I still don't know about... It may take time,but there is serious potential..

Kneeland got that run stopping pedigree which is what Zimmer wants. Kneeland got those very long arms and he knows how to use that length to cause problems.. very physical

Thomas is huge and physical. He should have gone higher in the draft.

Rogers? The kind of fatty that Zimmer likes at NT maybe he becomes a player.

Spann-Ford? Not a draft pick or lineman,but he could be more valuable than most think. I seen him blocking some good defensive ends and he held up. I would rather see a guy like Spann Ford make the roster than say Josh Ball. Ball was a bust.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say games are won up front. I was pleasantly surprised that they drafted 5 lineman. These are not finesse type players they drafted either.

Beebe is big and plays nasty . A perfect fit at center, but has versatility to help out elsewhere on the line. And of course if he plays dirty and gets away with it? I am all for that lol.. Beebe looks like the first real Center since Frederick. All Pro potential IMO

Guyton I still don't know about... It may take time,but there is serious potential..

Kneeland got that run stopping pedigree which is what Zimmer wants. Kneeland got those very long arms and he knows how to use that length to cause problems.. very physical

Thomas is huge and physical. He should have gone higher in the draft.

Rogers? The kind of fatty that Zimmer likes at NT maybe he becomes a player.

Spann-Ford? Not a draft pick or lineman,but he could be more valuable than most think. I seen him blocking some good defensive ends and he held up. I would rather see a guy like Spann Ford make the roster than say Josh Ball. Ball was a bust.
TE is going to be very interesting... Ferguson, Schoony, Stephens Jr, Hendershot and Spann Ford. I think they may carry 4 and let go of Hendershot

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE is going to be very interesting... Ferguson, Schoony, Stephens Jr, Hendershot and Spann Ford. I think they may carry 4 and let go of Hendershot
Possibly. I think I have seen Stephens listed as a WR on some of the projected depth charts

I found an article from last summer that had PFF ranking Spann-Ford right behind Bowers. Spann-Ford was better in 21 and 22 is another thing I heard

He is an interesting prospect with that size. Problem is he had lots of drops in 23. His blocking ability could help him make the team though.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly. I think I have seen Stephens listed as a WR on some of the projected depth charts

I found an article from last summer that had PFF ranking Spann-Ford right behind Bowers. Spann-Ford was better in 21 and 22 is another thing I heard

He is an interesting prospect with that size. Problem is he had lots of drops in 23. His blocking ability could help him make the team though.
I think Srephens and Spann-Ford have special traits which will make them stick. Stephens is a potential match up nightmare in the passing game. Spann Ford is an awesome blocker. Ferguson is a star to me. I think Schoony will make a jump.
I thought 3 injuries completely changed our season last year. Obviously the D just wasn't the same dominant group once Diggs went down. Overshown looked like a potential star LB. And Stephens was amazing in preseason. Those 3 plus a real good draft will have us looking tough week 1. Especially if Rico or Deuce step up

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goes further back than Zeke even. Tyrone Crawford was a huge one. Overpaid and then kept paying him instead of trying to restructure and if not, cutting.
The first time I said "are you fucking kidding me", Joey gallow for 2.... 2 first rounders. I thought their excuse was weak ass shit. And to add some salt in the wound, he tears up his knee.

Hey football gods.... you got us, got us good there.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3