• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft & FA. Where do we start?

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just shrug my shoulders. Absolute terrible management and it’s all about to catch up with them as soon as March 25 of next year when Dak’s deal runs out. The early stage of the rebuild is in progress. We had better wrap our heads around the fact.
Is it Dak, Lamb and Micah all coming due. Now we will have 120 million in 3 player if all get signed

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing they could do IMO is split the carries between Deuce and Rico and make Zeke the 3rd down/short yardage guy. If Deuce breaks he breaks, but he is the only Dynamic option on the Roster. Use him like we used Pollard
I see zeke as the perfect 3rd down back. Not because of his running but he is a hell of a blocker.

We have to be a throwing team this year. No way around it. If we get 8 100 yard games this year I would be surprised

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked that they drafted lots of lineman. We really need Guyton to be at least a solid starter this season I have no worries about Beebe.

That UDFA TE is an interesting addition. He blocks almost like a tackle
I really like what I have seen outta the guard.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see zeke as the perfect 3rd down back. Not because of his running but he is a hell of a blocker.

We have to be a throwing team this year. No way around it. If we get 8 100 yard games this year I would be surprised
Zeke is as good as there is at that. But IMO, if he's getting more than 5-6 carries a game, something is terribly wrong

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m a little more focused on that $60M in dead money next year… and Dak isn’t resigning.
If Dak makes it all the way to FA and then the Cowboys get into a bidding war to resign him, it will kill this team for the next 10 years. And that has zero to do with Dak as a player. Once they designed his last deal they way they did, I thought they would just go in and give him market value every few years and create space and push money back. If the plan is to let him go this makes sense. If the plan is to resign him, do it YESTERDAY! If they wait till he is a FA, a top 10 QB in his prime on the open market, they might cost themselves $15-20 million a year over what it might have been. Madness. Did they learn nothing from last time????

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dak makes it all the way to FA and then the Cowboys get into a bidding war to resign him, it will kill this team for the next 10 years. And that has zero to do with Dak as a player. Once they designed his last deal they way they did, I thought they would just go in and give him market value every few years and create space and push money back. If the plan is to let him go this makes sense. If the plan is to resign him, do it YESTERDAY! If they wait till he is a FA, a top 10 QB in his prime on the open market, they might cost themselves $15-20 million a year over what it might have been. Madness. Did they learn nothing from last time????
Lol. These two are idiots when it comes to the cap.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dak makes it all the way to FA then he’s not coming back. Cowboys won’t get into a bidding war because the $40M in dead money for Dak alone would preclude it.

He gone. (IMHO)

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dak makes it all the way to FA then he’s not coming back. Cowboys won’t get into a bidding war because the $40M in dead money for Dak alone would preclude it.

He gone. (IMHO)
I think so as well. If he isn't gone, he should have been resigned before FA to clear cap room. Waiting left us "handcuffed" and it also drove up his price.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my favorite picks in this draft were Kneeland and Beebe. Kneeland is going to help with run defense could Kneeland also get some snaps at 3tech? Kneeland got those long arms and very physical and takes no plays off.

Beebe I think has all-pro potential. My type of nastiness for the OL. Guyton also got nastiness too him. Is he ready though? May take some time.

Overall a nice draft. I usually get real pissed off on draft day,but not this time. They got some good depth pieces late. Thomas likely pushes Ball off the roster.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my favorite picks in this draft were Kneeland and Beebe. Kneeland is going to help with run defense could Kneeland also get some snaps at 3tech? Kneeland got those long arms and very physical and takes no plays off.

Beebe I think has all-pro potential. My type of nastiness for the OL. Guyton also got nastiness too him. Is he ready though? May take some time.

Overall a nice draft. I usually get real pissed off on draft day,but not this time. They got some good depth pieces late. Thomas likely pushes Ball off the roster.
It was a real good draft. I made the false assumption that the Cowboys actually considered RB a position that mattered whatsoever. The fact that they whiffed a FA class that had 10 starting caliber RB's should have clued me in, but I was certain that they would draft a back early in the draft. Knowing now that they think they can win with a rotation of journeymen, washed up and unknown production clears it up. But as to the players they took in the draft, no complaints. Lots of good potential

Last edited:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a real good draft. I made the false assumption that the Cowboys actually considered RB a position that mattered whatsoever. The fact that they whiffed a FA class that had 10 starting caliber RB's should have clued me in, but I was certain that they would draft a back early in the draft. Knowing now that they think they can win with a rotation of journeymen, washed up and unknown production clears it up. But as to the players they took in the draft, no complaints. Lots of good potential
Maybe Peat makes the roster. He got good speed and hits the hole hard. Runs hard . We know what we got with the rest. Zeke will be blocking. Dowdle hopefully does not get hurt

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
laugh if you will but a huge opportunity has presented itself for Vaughn to be in the rotation. Knowing what I think has been what this kids make-up is....I think he makes himself known this season.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and....Dallas clearly values heart and good old fashion " want to" from this draft.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
laugh if you will but a huge opportunity has presented itself for Vaughn to be in the rotation. Knowing what I think has been what this kids make-up is....I think he makes himself known this season.
See I would be totally down with that if I thought they were going to give Deuce a legit chance. But I don't. They didn't give him a carry last year where he had a chance to succeed. It was always when they were up or down 20 in the 4th quarter when the other team knew you were handing it off every single time. I do think Deuce could be a lead back for as long as he could hold up

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I would be totally down with that if I thought they were going to give Deuce a legit chance. But I don't.
i do and it's all up to Vaughn...AND I love his resolve for this opportunity.

we shall see
I don't see so much lead back each week but I sure can see 10 to 20 touches weekly with huge upside. His guy has old school heart for the game of football.