• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft & FA. Where do we start?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've yet to hear anything to make me think the LB was the best choice there other than the fact that he is a LBer which is right up my alley. I don't recall ever hearing a team mention STs in the first sentence of a recap of a 3rd round pick. I hope so badly that this kid works out and I don't even care if he plays on defense other than maybe a rotation fill in year one because I think with Kendricks, Clark and Overshown we will be "good enough" or at a minimum much stouter than last year. But long term we really need this kid IMO.

I said this the other day but the more I read about the CB, the more I like him.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Rico and Zeke" coming to CBS this Fall. A story about a once was and a never has been doing their best to hit it big...
The funny thing in all this...

Zeke signing a 1 year $3M deal with $2M guaranteed.

He now counts a minimum of $8M against the cap. Because of the $15M in dead money against this year’s cap - he has $6M of it.

Can’t make it up.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing in all this...

Zeke signing a 1 year $3M deal with $2M guaranteed.

He now counts a minimum of $8M against the cap. Because of the $15M in dead money against this year’s cap - he has $6M of it.

Can’t make it up.
I don't know if I want to laugh or cry at being reminded of that...

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I want to laugh or cry at being reminded of that...
I just shrug my shoulders. Absolute terrible management and it’s all about to catch up with them as soon as March 25 of next year when Dak’s deal runs out. The early stage of the rebuild is in progress. We had better wrap our heads around the fact.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was watching a breakdown of Beebe blocking those Texas defensive tackles. Beebe did very well. Blocked Sweat with no issues. This guy is going to open holes at Center. The middle is going to be stout with Smith,Beebe and Martin.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just shrug my shoulders. Absolute terrible management and it’s all about to catch up with them as soon as March 25 of next year when Dak’s deal runs out. The early stage of the rebuild is in progress. We had better wrap our heads around the fact.
I am 100% for NOT extending him this year. But, shame on them if Dak craps the bed in the playoffs again and they still extend him anyway. That would make not extending him sooner moronic. The reason I am for it because I am willing to let him walk or offer him significantly less than is being discussed if this year ends the same as all the other years. But if you aren't willing to do that and he disappoints again, you are just creating drama for no reason. The reason to not extend him IMO was that you already decided you are moving on unless he gives you a reason not to, not because you think putting all this pressure on a guy who clearly doesn't do well with pressure is a good thing.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've yet to hear anything to make me think the LB was the best choice there other than the fact that he is a LBer which is right up my alley. I don't recall ever hearing a team mention STs in the first sentence of a recap of a 3rd round pick. I hope so badly that this kid works out and I don't even care if he plays on defense other than maybe a rotation fill in year one because I think with Kendricks, Clark and Overshown we will be "good enough" or at a minimum much stouter than last year. But long term we really need this kid IMO.

I said this the other day but the more I read about the CB, the more I like him.
I liked that they drafted lots of lineman. We really need Guyton to be at least a solid starter this season I have no worries about Beebe.

That UDFA TE is an interesting addition. He blocks almost like a tackle

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was watching a breakdown of Beebe blocking those Texas defensive tackles. Beebe did very well. Blocked Sweat with no issues. This guy is going to open holes at Center. The middle is going to be stout with Smith,Beebe and Martin.
I saw that also. Makes you wonder that if the LT ends up being as raw as many are saying and needs time to develop and learn that perhaps the best OL for this year (or at least maybe the start of the year) is: Tyler, Beebe, Hoffman, Martin & Steele. If Steele plays as poorly as he did last year (personally I thought he was better down the stretch and expect a much better season) perhaps long term you go Tyler and Guyton as your OTs. I'm still not ruling Bass out of the equation either. Heck, Martin doesn't have too many seasons left in him anyway so starting positions will be up for grabs soon. Man if we hit on Guyton this OL is going to be good for a long time IMO

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 100% for NOT extending him this year. But, shame on them if Dak craps the bed in the playoffs again and they still extend him anyway. That would make not extending him sooner moronic. The reason I am for it because I am willing to let him walk or offer him significantly less than is being discussed if this year ends the same as all the other years. But if you aren't willing to do that and he disappoints again, you are just creating drama for no reason. The reason to not extend him IMO was that you already decided you are moving on unless he gives you a reason not to, not because you think putting all this pressure on a guy who clearly doesn't do well with pressure is a good thing.
Completely agree and I believe they have already made that decision. And I believe Dak knows it and he’s playing this season for his next deal wherever it may be. In the end - that’s good for both sides although the reality is there is a $40M cap hit that must be absorbed next year. Better to just take the hit and move IMHO… and this years draft along with next years are crucial in making that transition as painless as it can be.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked that they drafted lots of lineman. We really need Guyton to be at least a solid starter this season I have no worries about Beebe.

That UDFA TE is an interesting addition. He blocks almost like a tackle
I think TE2 next year will be John Stephens Jr. That dude was balling out last year pre injury, just like Overshown. The kid they picked up this draft was one of the best blocking TE's out there. I think him and Schoony will battle it out for the blocking TE role

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jerry's partying like it's 2017 again

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TE room looking a lot better than people said once Schultz left. Ferguson proved himself a player last year. Schoonmaker showed some flashes even if he was disappointing last year so likely steps it up a level this year and then we have Hendershot who was good on STs and plays with a nasty little edge and now this kid who was surprisingly not drafted and really looks like he is going to push for a spot on the 53

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think TE2 next year will be John Stephens Jr. That dude was balling out last year pre injury, just like Overshown. The kid they picked up this draft was one of the best blocking TE's out there. I think him and Schoony will battle it out for the blocking TE role
I don't think Schoonmaker blocks as well as this years UDFA. Schoonmaker catches the ball better though

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's what "All In" actually means - i.e. we're all in on not thinking this team has any chance to win it all.

I like a few of the draft picks, but I only see them as foundational for something in 3-4 years without Dak and a few other high priced players.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Schoonmaker blocks as well as this years UDFA. Schoonmaker catches the ball better though
Spann-Ford is a great blocker. I think he will make the roster. Obviously Ferguson. I think Stephens Jr. will definitely make it. That's 3. If they carried 4, that would still leave either Hendershot or Schoony on the chopping block, likely Peyton. TE has the best depth on the team

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spann-Ford is a great blocker. I think he will make the roster. Obviously Ferguson. I think Stephens Jr. will definitely make it. That's 3. If they carried 4, that would still leave either Hendershot or Schoony on the chopping block, likely Peyton. TE has the best depth on the team
Spann Ford would be an asset if the team wants to run the ball. I also think Beebe at center will allow the Cowboys to run the ball up the middle again. Beebe got the size,strength and technique to finally replace Frederick.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spann Ford would be an asset if the team wants to run the ball. I also think Beebe at center will allow the Cowboys to run the ball up the middle again. Beebe got the size,strength and technique to finally replace Frederick.
Agreed. Beebe was their best pick IMO. I think Guyton could be great but might take a year and some offseason peanut butter. I think they could run a lot of 2 and 3 TE sets to run/pass out of. Let Dak call it at the line. If the D puts 8 in the box, Ferguson and Stephens are like WR's. If they show a light box, use Spann Ford and those guys to blow guys off the line. I think it fits what Coach McCarthy wants to do as well

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this don't say "All In", nothing does.
Best thing they could do IMO is split the carries between Deuce and Rico and make Zeke the 3rd down/short yardage guy. If Deuce breaks he breaks, but he is the only Dynamic option on the Roster. Use him like we used Pollard