• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft & FA. Where do we start?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will probably be a Hall of Famer. I have no clue about these guys LOL.
Same. That's the fun of it. I know for me, it's a lot more about watching them play than their combine. I watched CJ Stroud throw for like 350 yards and 4 TD's against an awesome Georgia defense, saw how tall and fast he was and how he threw the ball. Then I hear all the scouts say they would take the little munchkin from Alabama #1. I still don't get what they saw, and the majority seemed to feel that way. Same with Patrick Mahomes. I'm partial because I know Pat and his dad and watched him play from the time he was at Whitehouse High. When he fell I just thought, do y'all actually watch them play? LOL

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same. That's the fun of it. I know for me, it's a lot more about watching them play than their combine. I watched CJ Stroud throw for like 350 yards and 4 TD's against an awesome Georgia defense, saw how tall and fast he was and how he threw the ball. Then I hear all the scouts say they would take the little munchkin from Alabama #1. I still don't get what they saw, and the majority seemed to feel that way. Same with Patrick Mahomes. I'm partial because I know Pat and his dad and watched him play from the time he was at Whitehouse High. When he fell I just thought, do y'all actually watch them play? LOL
I agree. Like I see Nix and Penix as good pro's. They look good against top teams. I am also high on Caleb. He does have a little diva in him that worries me.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard up to 3.5 for Kendricks Vs up to 8.5 for Wagner.
Why not both!!!
I’ve wanted Wagner 3 years in a row and watched be an absolute dominant stud the last two. Eventually he won’t but damn he’s been out there every year. Imagine Wagner, Kendricks and Clark? Then throw in resigning Gilmore and Hankins or a Hankins type player. Talk about improving a defense.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck. I knew it was probably happening but fuck anyway. Tyron, Biadasz, Gallup, Pollard, Armstrong, Fowler, LVE and (likely) Gilmore. Some good players and some average, but can the draft and the bottom rung of FA really replace what we have lost and improve the team? And Dak, Lamb and Micah aren't even pulling down $110M a year combined yet

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck. I knew it was probably happening but fuck anyway. Tyron, Biadasz, Gallup, Pollard, Armstrong, Fowler, LVE and (likely) Gilmore. Some good players and some average, but can the draft and the bottom rung of FA really replace what we have lost and improve the team? And Dak, Lamb and Micah aren't even pulling down $110M a year combined yet
But that’s why we are clearing bad contracts. I’m hoping for Gilmore To be back. Fowler I am glad is gone. Armstrong I liked as a rotation guy but not worth what he got because he is a backup so I don't care. Biadasz I’m glad we didn’t resign because he is in the bottom half of centers. Gallup just made too much. LVE I think we cut because he’ll never play again. Tyron we all complained about the last couple year and the Jets just likely made a huge mistake. Pollard I liked more than most and think he turned a corner down the stretch. But football is about the cap and I think long term we continued what we started last year with getting rid of players that aren’t worth their cap space. This team needs change and they are doing it. So at least that’s a silver lining to me.

on the field losing Tyron for the games he is healthy is going to hurt and losing Pollard IMO will hurt. I don’t know how we are going to replace Tyron, but Biadasz isn’t really any good and neither are most of the others. I think/hope we bring in a RB via FA or trade and resign Gilmore and at least one OL as Tyler can pretty much play anywhere. My biggest issue isn’t who they lost it’s their stubbornness to bring in outside players. I’m still convinced their thinking is bringing in players via trade like last year and I expect one or two trades.

if we do resign Gilmore and Hankins or another NT our defense is better than last year by a lot. Diggs, Gilmore and Bland is kind of fantastic

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that’s why we are clearing bad contracts. I’m hoping for Gilmore To be back. Fowler I am glad is gone. Armstrong I liked as a rotation guy but not worth what he got because he is a backup so I don't care. Biadasz I’m glad we didn’t resign because he is in the bottom half of centers. Gallup just made too much. LVE I think we cut because he’ll never play again. Tyron we all complained about the last couple year and the Jets just likely made a huge mistake. Pollard I liked more than most and think he turned a corner down the stretch. But football is about the cap and I think long term we continued what we started last year with getting rid of players that aren’t worth their cap space. This team needs change and they are doing it. So at least that’s a silver lining to me.

on the field losing Tyron for the games he is healthy is going to hurt and losing Pollard IMO will hurt. I don’t know how we are going to replace Tyron, but Biadasz isn’t really any good and neither are most of the others. I think/hope we bring in a RB via FA or trade and resign Gilmore and at least one OL as Tyler can pretty much play anywhere. My biggest issue isn’t who they lost it’s their stubbornness to bring in outside players. I’m still convinced their thinking is bringing in players via trade like last year and I expect one or two trades.

if we do resign Gilmore and Hankins or another NT our defense is better than last year by a lot. Diggs, Gilmore and Bland is kind of fantastic
I agree to a point about the bad contracts. Gallup sucked last year. Armstrong and Fowler were pretty good for their snap counts but not stars. Biadasz made the pro bowl but wasn't great. But the other guys...Tyron was hurt as usual but was the 2nd best LT in football behind Trent Williams. Pollard needed a running mate but is a real good player. Gilmore was really good. Hankins was outstanding IMO. LVE was always hurt but played well. My thing is, you can hope to replace 2 starters in the draft(no one nets 4-5 starters in a draft except terrible teams and that's still rare), and last year we picked for need instead of BPA and netted Mazi and Schoony. We have a lot of holes. We may be cutting bad contracts now but we are about to sign the mother of them all with Daks next deal. Man I'm bitching a lot and I hope I'm wrong. But I don't think so. I think we are in a bind

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyron signed with the Jets for $6.5 million guaranteed. The rest is performance based. So either they get a great LT or the only pay a reasonable rate. That's a team friendly deal. As Jarntt said, we could clear $37 million without touching Dak. We could have easily kept Tyron on that deal, signed Derrick Henry to a cheap 1 or 2 year deal, and signed Big Hank and still have money left over. I think Stephen is going to put most of that money back in his own pocket

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Biadaz was average to a little below average

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biadaz was average to a little below average
But he beat out Brock Hoffman. So let's say we draft a C in round 2. Who's gonna play LT? We kick out Tyron, who is playing LG? T.J. Bass? In that scenario, we are weaker at at least 2 if not 3 OL spots going into the season.
In the world you're talking about, we go out and replace the people we are losing with better players and then use the draft to get better. When this team has had great drafts, it was because they had already put together a team that could play football and compete on opening day and drafted the BPA and upgraded the talent. Drafting for need results in last years crap

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he beat out Brock Hoffman. So let's say we draft a C in round 2. Who's gonna play LT? We kick out Tyron, who is playing LG? T.J. Bass? In that scenario, we are weaker at at least 2 if not 3 OL spots going into the season.
In the world you're talking about, we go out and replace the people we are losing with better players and then use the draft to get better. When this team has had great drafts, it was because they had already put together a team that could play football and compete on opening day and drafted the BPA and upgraded the talent. Drafting for need results in last years crap
The great drafts resulted in getting instant starters such as Zeke, Dak, Emmitt, Troy, Frederick's, CD, Ware, etc at key positions. A great draft can make a bad team good or make a good team great. Look at the Texans. They sucked and they draft a QB and others in one draft and have a very good season. Drafting for need and getting the right player for the position can work out. We needed a wide out we got CD etc..

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but top 5 paid.

Life is Good
Yep, although if the Commodes think they can run effectively behind him they are in for a rude awakening . We had two studs next to him and the Cowboys could not run up the middle. Biadaz simply could not move defenders out of the way. We need a guy like JPJ at center. JPJ is a violent player with a mean streak. My kind of player.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a feeling they go OL in round 1. It likely will be a tackle. TJ Bass could play guard though if they move Smith.

I truly think the Cowboys got tired of dealing with Tyron Smith and all the injuries. A great player no doubt , but availability matters.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyron signed with the Jets for $6.5 million guaranteed. The rest is performance based. So either they get a great LT or the only pay a reasonable rate. That's a team friendly deal. As Jarntt said, we could clear $37 million without touching Dak. We could have easily kept Tyron on that deal, signed Derrick Henry to a cheap 1 or 2 year deal, and signed Big Hank and still have money left over. I think Stephen is going to put most of that money back in his own pocket
Status quo for this FO. They keep doing the same thing and expecting different results.

They are dumb though. They are almost forced now to draft a RB in round 2. If they do I want Jonathan Brooks.