• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NBA Offseason

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am LA I would do that in a heartbeat...you think OKC would want more after the season Schroder had though

That would be a really nice pickup for the Lakers. He would be the additional playmaker that they need and he shot 39% from 3 last year. He's a career 33% shooter from 3, so hopefully last season wasn't an anomaly. He's also only 27, which is nice.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there would be quite a few teams interested in green if okc decides to flip him

That's not surprising. He can still play.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green is much better than a bad player lol. He guards the best wing on the opposing team pretty much every game. He didn’t shoot well in the playoffs and his defense isn’t quite what it was but it seems like OKC is just adding more 1st rd picks to their stockpile. They most likely flip Green to a playoff-caliber team as well.

Actually, he didn't shoot as badly in the playoffs as I thought. As far as shooting, other than 3 years in San Antonio, he shot it about the same as he has in the playoffs his whole career.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang well I guess its official

This is a decently solid deal for LA. Schroder is basically a younger version of Rondo except Schroder has upped his 3% shooting ability the last couple of seasons so you'll actually have to pay attention to him on offense. Rondo was terrible all season. The team was easily better with him off the floor. But he did turn it around in the playoffs and provide some good minutes. But Schroder's youth and better overall skill should make up for whatever lightning in a bottle Rondo caught in the playoffs. I'm totally fine losing Danny Green. His defense is overrated and he is absolutely a bumass on offense in the playoffs, shooting horrendously for several teams now when it comes to games that matter. Mark Stein says the Lakers want to sign Wes Matthews as well. Schroder/Matthews is an upgrade over Rondo/Green. And they still want to bring Avery Bradley back as well, who was our best defender before he opted out. He would have played more over Green had he came to the bubble anyway

Reactions: DJ

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a decently solid deal for LA. Schroder is basically a younger version of Rondo except Schroder has upped his 3% shooting ability the last couple of seasons so you'll actually have to pay attention to him on offense. Rondo was terrible all season. The team was easily better with him off the floor. But he did turn it around in the playoffs and provide some good minutes. But Schroder's youth and better overall skill should make up for whatever lightning in a bottle Rondo caught in the playoffs. I'm totally fine losing Danny Green. His defense is overrated and he is absolutely a bumass on offense in the playoffs, shooting horrendously for several teams now when it comes to games that matter. Mark Stein says the Lakers want to sign Wes Matthews as well. Schroder/Matthews is an upgrade over Rondo/Green. And they still want to bring Avery Bradley back as well, who was our best defender before he opted out. He would have played more over Green had he came to the bubble anyway
Yeah that’s what I am hearing too. Getting Bradley back is a huge key to replace Green as kinda that 3 and D guy.

Lakers Expected To Pursue Wesley Matthews

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That trade seems great for LAL, unfortunately... Schroeder can be a legit one man offense for stretches and run the show when LeBron is getting breathers.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care how talented they are... that's a train-wreck situation.

Totally agree. The roster currently is great. Probably just need a PF. It is worth to give them a try. Losing dinwiddie, levert, and possibly allen in a trade for Harden while seeing your best shooter possibly leave free agency isn't great plus i don't know how well kyrie and harden can play without the ball

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Houston, all talks for Harden with Brooklyn starts with at least Dinwiddie, Levert, and Allen coming back to Houston

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That trade seems great for LAL, unfortunately... Schroeder can be a legit one man offense for stretches and run the show when LeBron is getting breathers.

There is a rather serious downside though. And it will depend on who the Lakers can get in FA if this ends up actually making them better.

Danny Green is often mocked, but he is literally the perfect role player compliment to play with LBJ and AD. He is a fantastic defender, he can shoot and he doesn’t ever need the ball in his hands.

Schroeder is a good player. But he isn’t the defender Green is and when is playing alongside LeBron, he will take touches away because he needs the ball.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a rather serious downside though. And it will depend on who the Lakers can get in FA if this ends up actually making them better.

Danny Green is often mocked, but he is literally the perfect role player compliment to play with LBJ and AD. He is a fantastic defender, he can shoot and he doesn’t ever need the ball in his hands.

Schroeder is a good player. But he isn’t the defender Green is and when is playing alongside LeBron, he will take touches away because he needs the ball.
I hear you... there's definitely a trade-off either way.

I think it's mostly positive for the Lakers, though... for this simple reason:

Guys who hustle and play defense are easier to find than a guy who can carry an offense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you mean not the defender Green is bc he can’t guard wings...that is true but last year Schroeder was a GREAT defender. He was known for being a guy that had the tools to defend but never did, he was great last year. The Lakers still need a better 3 and D guy and I assume since Green is gone...Kuzma needs to be the guy to evolve in that role. Wont be the capable shooter Green was but he took huge steps with his defense. We will see but I agree they need another guy. Remember, Bradley could be back too...KCP. If they can also get Matthews those are 3-4 guys that can defend.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you... there's definitely a trade-off either way.

I think it's mostly positive for the Lakers, though... for this simple reason:

Guys who hustle and play defense are easier to find than a guy who can carry an offense.
Schroeder can play defense too but yeah for sure. The Lakers badly needed that 3rd option guy who could takeover when Lebron gets rest especially. Like you said, that’s hard to find

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SteelersPride me and my boys hit on a parlay today!!!

10 team $30 parlay (10 per person). Winnings of a little more than 2k so about $700 per person
My man!!! That’s awesome congrats... what were the 10 picks! How much did u each chip.
Donald Trump GIF
Even your man is happy for you!

will ferrell yes GIF

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My man!!! That’s awesome congrats... what were the 10 picks! How much did u each chip.
Donald Trump GIF
Even your man is happy for you!

will ferrell yes GIF

Lots of money line

Lions ML
Browns ML
Raiders ML
Bucs to cover and over 42.5 total points
Davante Adams td and packers win
Steelers alternate spread (-9.5)
Saints to cover (-9.5)
Dolphins to cover (-1.5)
Terrance Crawford (boxing) ML
Ravens alternate spread (-3.5)

We cashed out before the ravens game. Didn't trust them enough

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of money line

Lions ML
Browns ML
Raiders ML
Bucs to cover and over 42.5 total points
Davante Adams td and packers win
Steelers alternate spread (-9.5)
Saints to cover (-9.5)
Dolphins to cover (-1.5)
Terrance Crawford (boxing) ML
Ravens alternate spread (-3.5)

We cashed out before the ravens game. Didn't trust them enough
Smart cash out. Those weren’t all gunned by any means . You even teased some points up....that’s awesome . Jealous!