• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NBA Offseason

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know not to expect much of anything in return...the most important thing is getting him off the books long-term.
Depends what else they are looking to do. I mean, not like getting him off the books means a stud FA is coming here if we ever have the cap room.

Wiggins is younger, but if he cannot figure things out not like his contract would be one you'd want (he's at 94.5 mil next 3 years, Love at 91.4). But, sure, I could see preferring to take chances with Wiggins.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure GS would want more than Love for Wiggins. In this deal it looks like Love is replacing Green, if I had to guess. They keep Wiggins...the Cavs take salary from that 3rd team that acquire Draymond.

I'm with you...I don't want Wiggins. I would keep Love over acquiring Wiggins in a heartbeat.
Would think they'd have to be getting more just based on salaries given up. If it was the guys mentioned, they'd be losing $55 mil or so and taking back Love's roughly $30 mil.

would be funny, though, if they did not get another significant piece. They'd be dealing Green (and Wiggins and others) for Love. But Cavs would not get Green. So GS would want Love more than green (AND Wiggins), but Cavs want no part of Green.

all just rumors, though, of course.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends what else they are looking to do. I mean, not like getting him off the books means a stud FA is coming here if we ever have the cap room.

Wiggins is younger, but if he cannot figure things out not like his contract would be one you'd want (he's at 94.5 mil next 3 years, Love at 91.4). But, sure, I could see preferring to take chances with Wiggins.

If they're doing it because they think they can develop Wiggins and get him to where folks thought he'd be (or at least close) and you're looking to do Love a solid by sending him to a contender, it makes total sense.

You can give Wiggins a couple of years to get his shit together. If he does, great. If not, you dump him to a team looking to take on expiring deals.

If they don't believe that Wiggins can develop more and they're just looking to get Love off the books, then it doesn't make sense because the $3 million they save isn't going to matter much.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're doing it because they think they can develop Wiggins and get him to where folks thought he'd be (or at least close) and you're looking to do Love a solid by sending him to a contender, it makes total sense.

You can give Wiggins a couple of years to get his shit together. If he does, great. If not, you dump him to a team looking to take on expiring deals.

If they don't believe that Wiggins can develop more and they're just looking to get Love off the books, then it doesn't make sense because the $3 million they save isn't going to matter much.
Totally agree......though they'd actually be spending $3 million MORE on Wiggins.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
though they'd actually be spending $3 million MORE on Wiggins.

Misread that. Yeah, it would make even less sense with them taking on $3 million more. They'd have to believe they can develop him.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misread that. Yeah, it would make even less sense with them taking on $3 million more. They'd have to believe they can develop him.

that’s why I threw in Poole and paschal. Two top 40 picks last year

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep...agree with you why else do it?

all talk of course as only players actually mentioned I think were Love and Green.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that’s why I threw in Poole and paschal. Two top 40 picks last year
I'd say they are just throw ins to make salary work. If they become something, great...but I wouldn't expect much from either.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually If the Raptors were playing in Tampa this year it would make sense when it comes to travel.

Not really. You play quite a few teams in the same conference the same amount of times as those in your division. This pasr season the heat played the celtics and pacers 4x. Were supposed to play the knicks and Raptors 4x as well i think

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Wiggins stunts the other guys’ growth and doesn’t add many wins to the team. It doesn’t matter if they cant add a stud FA but it’s also to possibly sign these draft picks to big contracts if they want to, add role players...Wiggins take shots away from young players like Garland, KPJ, Sexton and the rookie doesn’t do much for this team imo And at least Love is a leader and great locker room guy

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wiggins has a better chance at developing in GS than CLE. He would be a #1 in CLE most likely. In GS he will learn how to play in a system and play team play. GS might be the best thing to develop his entire game. CLE isnt going to do anything for him other than continue to play his game imo. Plus, dont want him taking shots young players could get and stunt their growth and the rebuild.

Hard pass on Wiggins for CLE. Doesn’t mean he cant work for other teams

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I think trading Wiggins Poole and paschall for love makes more sense

Disagree. Love's defense really hurts his value to a contender. Wiggins showed signs he could play D last year and has the youth and body type to do so. Love is way past it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Love's defense really hurts his value to a contender. Wiggins showed signs he could play D last year and has the youth and body type to do so. Love is way past it.

Yeah, Love is more of a sniper who can rebound now.

He wasn't much of a defender when he was younger and used up all of the defense he had left on that play against Steph in 2016.

Guys in their 30's don't typically improve on defense.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Love is more of a sniper who can rebound now.

He wasn't much of a defender when he was younger and used up all of the defense he had left on that play against Steph in 2016.

Guys in their 30's don't typically improve on defense.

Agree which is why Q's proposed trade is too much to give up for him.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah it really comes down to how you like Wiggins.

loves shooting would be wild there

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it really comes down to how you like Wiggins.

loves shooting would be wild there

Agreed, but he'd have to at least be an average defender. He'd get smoked every game.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but he'd have to at least be an average defender. He'd get smoked every game.

fwiw, love had a better dpm than Wiggins last year