• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Draft...way too early talk

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Buffalo can do it just by adding a shit tackle, we got a couple shit tackles we can use to package a deal to move up. It's really not that unrealistic.
If there's another trade partner out there willing to be as dumb as Cincinnati, then sure.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's another trade partner out there willing to be as dumb as Cincinnati, then sure.

If there's one, there's bound to be others. I'd be interested to see if the FO has reached out for potential trade offers.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the biggest need in everyone's opinion?

LB, Safety/CB or another position?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UPDATE!

Formal/Informal Meetings so far:

I'll try to update this list to include all meetings from combine, pro-days, and pre-draft visits

QBs:
Louisville - Lamar Jackson
Oklahoma St - Mason Rudolph

RBs:
Auburn - Kerryon Johnson
LSU - Derrius Guice

LSU - Derrius Guice (4/4)

TEs:
Indiana - Ian Thomas
ND - Durham Smythe
Penn St - Mike Gesicki
South Dakota St - Dallas Goedert
Washington - Will Dissly
Wisconsin - Troy Fumagalli

WRs:
Cincinnati - Devin Gray
Middle Tennessee St - Richie James

Oklahoma St - James Washington
Washington - Dante Pettis

OL:
Pitt - OT Brian O'Neill (3/23)

LBs:
Alabama - ILB Rashaan Evans
Alabama - ILB Shaun Dion Hamilton
BSU - ILB Leighton Vander Esch

OSU - ILB Jerome Baker
Stanford - Harrison Phillips
Texas - ILB Malik Jefferson

DL:
Alabama - DT Da'Ron Payne
Alabama - DT Joshua Frazier
FSU - DT Derrick Nnadi
Penn St - DT Curtis Cothran
USF - DT Deadrin Senat
Stanford - DT Harrison Phillips

S:

Alabama - Ronnie Harrison
Alabama - Minkah Fitzpatrick

Oklahoma St - Tre Flowers
Stanford - Justin Reid
Stanford - Justin Reid (scheduled for April)
Wake Forest - Jessie Bates

CB:

Florida - Duke Dawson (rumored)

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I answered it and you don't respond to it so whats the point of asking the question?
Done with it... Not going to pretend that you didn't derail a conversation just to spearhead your agenda. Like you always do.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done with it... Not going to pretend that you didn't derail a conversation just to spearhead your agenda. Like you always do.

By "spearhead my agenda", do you mean state my opinion?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree that Reid will not be available at 60 and noone ever said he will be. He's a first round talent and might even be gone before 28. Living in Charlotte, there's a lot of buzz about Reid because the Panthers have CB/S issues as well. That's been my argument all along. There are LBs in the 2nd round that are as good or can do almost identical things as Evans can. There aren't that many Safeties in the 2nd round that we can get that are gonna be identical or as good as Reid, James or Edmunds.

We agree 100%...There is always a chance you can lose a player to an earlier pick, but reading thru this I see what Face is saying...you said you hated the mock except Evans. He asked why and you indicated you don't like Bates and would rather Reid...you're saying we all know that Reid wouldn't be there in the second, but would take him 28 and look at a LB in the 2nd round.

Okay...I'm in line with that as well, but that's a totally different mock.

I like the mock, as most decent mocks do, it covers their needs. But, I would like a Reid, LB, Edge, or Reid, LB, RB 1st 3 picks draft more.

Part piggybacking, part spitballing

1.28...Reid, FS, Stanford
2.60...Jerome Baker, ILB, Ohio St
3.92...Rashaad Penny, RB, SD St
5.148...Jeff Holland, OLB, AUB
5.165...Deon Cain, WR, CLEM
7.220...Joshua Frazier, DT, BAMA
7.246...Eathan Wolf, TE, TN

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UPDATE!

Formal/Informal Meetings so far:

I'll try to update this list to include all meetings from combine, pro-days, and pre-draft visits

QBs:
Louisville - Lamar Jackson

RBs:
Auburn - Kerryon Johnson
LSU - Derrius Guice

TEs:
Indiana - Ian Thomas
ND - Durham Smythe
Penn St - Mike Gesicki
South Dakota St - Dallas Goedert
Washington - Will Dissly
Wisconsin - Troy Fumagalli

WRs:
Cincinnati - Devin Gray
Middle Tennessee St - Richie James

OL:
Pitt - OT Brian O'Neill (3/23)

LBs:
Alabama - ILB Rashaan Evans
Alabama - ILB Shaun Dion Hamilton
BSU - ILB Leighton Vander Esch

OSU - ILB Jerome Baker
Stanford - Harrison Phillips
Texas - ILB Malik Jefferson

DL:
Alabama - DT Da'Ron Payne
Alabama - DT Joshua Frazier
FSU - DT Derrick Nnadi
Penn St - DT Curtis Cothran
USF - DT Deadrin Senat
Stanford - DT Harrison Phillips

S:

Alabama - Ronnie Harrison
Alabama - Minkah Fitzpatrick

Oklahoma St - Tre Flowers
Stanford - Justin Reid
Stanford - Justin Reid (scheduled for April)

CB:

Florida - Duke Dawson (rumored)

Perfect draft scenario:

Justin Reid at 28
Jerome Baker at 60

I really really like Baker. I would not be mad at all if we drafted him. I'm intrigued by all the TEs we have been meeting with. Don't we have enough on our roster? Are we not confident with Jesse? Also, why did we then trade for Vance and decide to keep him?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We agree 100%...There is always a chance you can lose a player to an earlier pick, but reading thru this I see what Face is saying...you said you hated the mock except Evans. He asked why and you indicated you don't like Bates and would rather Reid...you're saying we all know that Reid wouldn't be there in the second, but would take him 28 and look at a LB in the 2nd round.

Okay...I'm in line with that as well, but that's a totally different mock.

I like the mock, as most decent mocks do, it covers their needs. But, I would like a Reid, LB, Edge, or Reid, LB, RB 1st 3 picks draft more.

I just don't see why there was such a huge deal being made by me saying I don't like Jessie Bates. I also listen my reason and even answered the question posed to be in my 2nd comment. Just don't see why a big deal needed to be made by it. But anyway...

I love the Reid/Baker 1-2 draft choices. After the 2nd round I'm pretty uninformed about who I would want in the 3rd.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I answered your question and it still wasn't good enough for you so I literally don't know what you wanted from me. I'm trying to be more polite and less confrontational...you aren't making it easy right now and I truly don't see why such a big deal was made about what I said.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love this mock as well! I could go either way on whichever route they go so long as FS & ILB is addressed in the first 2 rounds.

Rounds 3 & 5a are tricky. I haven't spent much time thinking about which position I want the most, but I think I'd prefer RB over Edge, simply because the priority is higher. We know Bell is gone after this season if they don't get a deal done by July 15th. The edge position is simply a desire to upgrade the pass rush, with a sprinkle of future doubt since we don't know about Dupree's 5th yr option yet.

And obviously that all changes if they throw us a wildcard in Rds 1 or 2.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect draft scenario:

Justin Reid at 28
Jerome Baker at 60

I really really like Baker. I would not be mad at all if we drafted him. I'm intrigued by all the TEs we have been meeting with. Don't we have enough on our roster? Are we not confident with Jesse? Also, why did we then trade for Vance and decide to keep him?

Evans...outside of Roquan Smith and Tremaine Edmund, he his the most ready to play LB in this draft and I wouldn't mind having him.

But, in my view he's a Buck in this system. Some people I've talked to here that are much bigger CFB fans than I am say that Evans is more athletic than maybe I think and he can play the Mack, apparently he's been battling a groin.

LVE...his combine gave me more comfort with him, but this is a different level of competition...I'm not sure if either one would run Bostic out this season...maybe they carve out some time in a sub pkg.

Baker, and Darius Leonard to me project more as a Mack type talents...they probably won't run Bostic out either this season, but again, sub pkg snaps to get broken in to the NFL.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans...outside of Roquan Smith and Tremaine Edmund, he his the most ready to play LB in this draft and I wouldn't mind having him.

But, in my view he's a Buck in this system. Some people I've talked to here that are much bigger CFB fans than I am say that Evans is more athletic than maybe I think and he can play the Mack, apparently he's been battling a groin.

LVE...his combine gave me more comfort with him, but this is a different level of competition...I'm not sure if either one would run Bostic out this season...maybe they carve out some time in a sub pkg.

Baker, and Darius Leonard to me project more as a Mack type talents...they probably won't run Bostic out either this season, but again, sub pkg snaps to get broken in to the NFL.

Evans is definitely the best LB that would be realistically available at 28. But, my argument would be that Baker could be a very very good 2nd option in the draft, whereas the best 2nd option in the draft for safety is nowhere near as good as the 2nd option in the draft for LB. At least with safety, we have 3 very good options for first round choices. At LB we have 1 very good options, 1 pretty good option in the first round and that's about it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see why there was such a huge deal being made by me saying I don't like Jessie Bates. I also listen my reason and even answered the question posed to be in my 2nd comment. Just don't see why a big deal needed to be made by it. But anyway...

I love the Reid/Baker 1-2 draft choices. After the 2nd round I'm pretty uninformed about who I would want in the 3rd.

I don't think there is a big deal...you did address it eventually saying Allen would be your pick instead.

More than anything, I think it's difficult to have a discussion with a moving target. Face was trying to find out why you hated the mock aside from Evans. Then you changed the part of the mock you said you liked...essentially a totally different mock, which is fine, that is a different conversation, thus the Evans A, and Reid B comments.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I answered your question and it still wasn't good enough for you so I literally don't know what you wanted from me. I'm trying to be more polite and less confrontational...you aren't making it easy right now and I truly don't see why such a big deal was made about what I said.
You answered my question only AFTER I had to point out to you that you were confused about the discussion, and AFTER you had to reiterate yourself for the 2nd time (further derailing the discussion). And you went through great lengths to tell me why your thought process was ok BEFORE finally answering my question.

So after all that do you really think I want any part of your discussions?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018 Pittsburgh Steelers Big Board (By Position)

Interesting article. Couple interesting things to note.

Harold Landry - I do NOT like Landry in the first round. Landry is coming off of an injury and we DON'T need that in a first round pick.
Jerome Baker and Darius Leonard - They are given the same ranking which is interesting. I think Baker is definitely the better choice.
Marcus Allen - I'm surprised he's ranked so low. If we can get him in the 3rd round then maybe we can stack up on safeties with 2 safeties in the first 3 rounds?
James Washington - Am I the only one to think he's an explosive talent and would be a steal in the 3rd round? Do I think he will be available at 92? I don't think so.