• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Russell Wilson be a Starting QB anywhere next Year?

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton has done a poor job of coaching. There should be no counter argument to that. Granted he has mediocre talent to deal with, but some on offense are not playing hard at all.

Broncos wide receivers are lazy. They loaf on the field if they aren’t the primary target on any given play. They have no credible running game. Their offensive line can’t pass block or run block.

The biggest problem with Wilson is his rah-rah attitude. It comes across as phony. Especially when he isolates himself from the rest of the team as he’s known to do. He did it in Seattle too and lost the respect of many teammates. He didn’t seem to learn from that.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id love to get Russ on a 2/3 year deal in Atl

We be huge favorites on the division the next few seasons and that would match well with our current roster and guys we have coming due for new deals in 2-4 years
Wilson also has to consider the wishes of Hollywood lifestyle wife.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson also has to consider the wishes of Hollywood lifestyle wife.
She's from Atlanta and that's pretty much the hub of R&B/hip-hop music

So could be a fit

If we bring back Smith and Fontenot they're not going to pin their make or break year on a rookie

And if they go get a guy is much rather have Russ than Fields

For sure

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could if he wants to stick it to the Broncos... If he signs for league minimum, then he's still guaranteed 39 million from Denver...
I don’t think Russ’ ego will let him do that. Not to mention his nice guy persona will take a hit if he does something to dickish(whether people think he has a right to do that or not).

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's from Atlanta and that's pretty much the hub of R&B/hip-hop music

So could be a fit

If we bring back Smith and Fontenot they're not going to pin their make or break year on a rookie

And if they go get a guy is much rather have Russ than Fields

For sure
Cousins is still out there. And he will improve & stabilize any team looking for a QB.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Russ’ ego will let him do that. Not to mention his nice guy persona will take a hit if he does something to dickish(whether people think he has a right to do that or not).
I don't see him doing that either... Not his style... But he does have the option where he could pocket 40 million for 1 year...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is still out there. And he will improve & stabilize any team looking for a QB.
I don't hate that either

I just worry with him coming off injury and he doesn't seem like a great fit schemec wise

But he's obviously an upgrade over what we've got now too

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota loves Cousins. He’s not going anywhere.
I think the fans do, & Minnesota shouldnt let him leave, but the rumblings before his injury was to go new. The brass even commented on the show he did where it shows him getting beat to hell.
They werent worried about fixing the line for him but going younger.

but I agree. Minnesota shouldnt let him leave. He was on pace for an MVP year before his injury. (with a 6 pack of other QBs)

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Cousins... I hope he stays in Minnesota... He and JJ had a great thing going...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could if he wants to stick it to the Broncos... If he signs for league minimum, then he's still guaranteed 39 million from Denver... If he signs an agreement that would pay him more, he wouldn't get that money from Denver...

However, i'd be shocked if he doesn't try to lock up a multiple year contract again...
Why won't he get that money from Denver if he paid well after Broncos release him? Is there off set language in the contract? I have not read anything that indicates off set language in his contract.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton has done a poor job of coaching. There should be no counter argument to that. Granted he has mediocre talent to deal with, but some on offense are not playing hard at all.

Broncos wide receivers are lazy. They loaf on the field if they aren’t the primary target on any given play. They have no credible running game. Their offensive line can’t pass block or run block.

The biggest problem with Wilson is his rah-rah attitude. It comes across as phony. Especially when he isolates himself from the rest of the team as he’s known to do. He did it in Seattle too and lost the respect of many teammates. He didn’t seem to learn from that.

You clearly haven't watched many Broncos games. Payton took over a 5 win team and has them on pace for 8 or 9 wins. Courtland Sutton has been a stud this year and last time I checked, he's a wide receiver. The offensive starting 5 has been consistent all year and they're ranked in the top 10 for run blocking. Not sure why you hate Payton so much or love RW so much but it seems that you have no objectivity of the situation. I'm confident that most die-hard Broncos fans don't share your perspective.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why won't he get that money from Denver if he paid well after Broncos release him? Is there off set language in the contract? I have not read anything that indicates off set language in his contract.
Yes. Basically whatever he’s paid by another team will be taken off of what Denver owes him.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly haven't watched many Broncos games. Payton took over a 5 win team and has them on pace for 8 or 9 wins. Courtland Sutton has been a stud this year and last time I checked, he's a wide receiver. The offensive starting 5 has been consistent all year and they're ranked in the top 10 for run blocking. Not sure why you hate Payton so much or love RW so much but it seems that you have no objectivity of the situation. I'm confident that most die-hard Broncos fans don't share your perspective.
Sutton has been OK. Still he has been seen loafing on plays where he was not the primary receiver. He’s not as bad at that as Jeudy though.

The Broncos O line is mediocre at best. They’ve had a lot of problems especially in pass protection. Part of the reason for that is the Broncos don’t have a credible running game.

Payton let his frustration boil over and impact his judgement calling games.

My comments are based on objectivity, not being a fan or non fan of the team.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Basically whatever he’s paid by another team will be taken off of what Denver owes him.
Makes sense.
You are not gonna pay a player to play against you. That would be double dipping. As long as the player is getting his promised guaranteed money.