• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

‘Will you f**king stop kissing all the babies? You’re not running for public office.'”

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Payton said about RW is the same thing I've been saying about him for the last five years, and my posting history in here proves it. Too much Hollywood, not enough football.

So, again, for the 7th or 8th time, I'll post his BC (before Ciera) regular and post-season record and his AC (after Sierra) regular and post-season record.

BC: 46-18 / 7-3
AC: 52-46-1 / 2-3

On to his relationship with Payton, two things are clear: if Wilson (improbably) brings the Broncos back to playoff contender status, he'll will use whatever backdoor maneuvering it takes to get Payton fired. If Denver continues as a 5-7 win team, Wilson will eventually request a trade, siting Payton as the blame for team failure.

And finally, here is a two-part question for you: Combining the draft picks lost with the cap hit his contract pays, how many years back do you think the Wilson acquisition has set the Denver franchise? Did Wilson's acquisition and first-season failure as the Bronco QB ultimately lead John Elway to conclude his association with the team where he had served as President Of Football Operations at the time of the Wilson acquisition. John Elway on new Broncos QB Russell Wilson: 'He's kind of the piece we needed'

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see how he does this year before we write his eulogy.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Denver continues to be a 5-7 win team, Wilson isn't going to get traded... nobody will take him unless the Broncos actually give up picks (think who was it, Houston did this with Osweiler?). The Broncos are 100% and literally stuck with him for the next 2 seasons. In the 3rd they can save $5M but at the cost of $50M dead cap (which is $25M spread over 2 years post 6/1), that's not happening.

Request a trade... to fuckin' who?

That said, getting to the crux of your question, how much does this set the Broncos back? Well first off, let's see how he does... cause it may not set them back at all. If Wilson is just flat out done and all the sudden sucks at football or the locker room just can't stand the guy... it'll make the Broncos probably irrelevant for a few years.

Really relevance in the NFL these days is just scoring on the draft, getting a few pieces together in free agency because guys want to win a Super Bowl, and calling it a day. The Rams actually did something fairly impressive by just paying a few pieces a ton of money and IMO just got lucky with how things worked out (injury wise, Aaron Donald fixing Ramsey's screw up, and one of the worst DPI non-calls of all time). Generally if you have two successful drafts in a row (2-3 elite players, 5-7 SOLID starters) you just win it.

Now all that said, do I care what Wilson and the Broncos do this year? Yes, absolutely. Why? Because we have their 3rd round pick. So I'd prefer they go 0-17. Outside of that I really couldn't care less lol.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the thread title, I thought this was a Joe Biden thread.

Doesn’t matter how good he - his salary alone, as an aging QB won’t allow him to be traded… his new contract kicks in next year

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see how he does this year before we write his eulogy.
Nah, I'm fine writing his eulogy. Last year wasn't an anomaly, but rather a continuing eroding of his skills that can be traced over multiple seasons.

Reactions: MrS

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the thread title, I thought this was a Joe Biden thread.

Doesn’t matter how good he - his salary alone, as an aging QB won’t allow him to be traded… his new contract kicks in next year
Well, yeah, multiple people have said his age and contract virtually prohibit him from being traded. And I agree. But it doesn't prohibit him from asking for a trade, which I believe he will after the Broncos conclude their upcoming 4-13 season.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is no longer a Seahawks problem and so far they are progressing nicely. I’d rather focus on the present and future. I’ve put Wilson behind me.
I guess you re in the wrong thread then.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I'm fine writing his eulogy. Last year wasn't an anomaly, but rather a continuing eroding of his skills that can be traced over multiple seasons.
Correct take. When he started to lose his legs and mobility, his weaknesses really started to show.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Payton said about RW is the same thing I've been saying about him for the last five years, and my posting history in here proves it. Too much Hollywood, not enough football.

So, again, for the 7th or 8th time, I'll post his BC (before Ciera) regular and post-season record and his AC (after Sierra) regular and post-season record.

On to his relationship with Payton, two things are clear: if Wilson (improbably) brings the Broncos back to playoff contender status, he'll will use whatever backdoor maneuvering it takes to get Payton fired. If Denver continues as a 5-7 win team, Wilson will eventually request a trade, siting Payton as the blame for team failure.

And finally, here is a two-part question for you: Combining the draft picks lost with the cap hit his contract pays, how many years back do you think the Wilson acquisition has set the Denver franchise? Did Wilson's acquisition and first-season failure as the Bronco QB ultimately lead John Elway to conclude his association with the team where he had served as President Of Football Operations at the time of the Wilson acquisition. John Elway on new Broncos QB Russell Wilson: 'He's kind of the piece we needed'

There's something to this, but I would also add the the decline of the defense and failure of management to address shitty O-lines was a substantial factor. Wilson was running for his life behind subpar O-lines for years.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is no longer a Seahawks problem and so far they are progressing nicely. I’d rather focus on the present and future. I’ve put Wilson behind me.

Shame on you.

Wilson's contribution to the Seahawks franchise is undeniable. Back to back SB appearances, a win - first for the franchise- and a wasted opportunity to win B2B SBs due to a bonehead coaches decision.

The comeback in the NFCCG against the Packers was an all time classic.

1000 Hail Mary's for your Penance.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like Russ is taking it seriously. It shouldn't have a huge impact on his ability to throw the football, but last year he looked out of shape. This year he actually looks 20lbs lighter and I haven't seen a barrage of propaganda from his social media pages.

I do agree with him going Hollywood, but I will say that his record after Ciera I don't know is completely his fault. After that Superbowl loss, the team really fell apart.

Him falling apart last year still doesn't entirely make sense to me, tbh. I think I might've been wrong all those years shitting on our offensive coordinators because I think they must've known his strengths and weaknesses so well that they did a good job for compensating for those weaknesses. That's really my best theory.

It's hard to say how much this set the Broncos back. I mostly look at all the guaranteed money he's owed and if he continues to struggle, they're stuck with him until 2025 at the soonest, and even then his dead cap hit would be detrimental to their team building until 2027.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame on you.

Wilson's contribution to the Seahawks franchise is undeniable. Back to back SB appearances, a win - first for the franchise- and a wasted opportunity to win B2B SBs due to a bonehead coaches decision.

I'll root for him going forward since I'd prefer to see him enter the Hall of Fame as a Seahawk based on the accomplishments he has already achieved.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's something to this, but I would also add the the decline of the defense and failure of management to address shitty O-lines was a substantial factor. Wilson was running for his life behind subpar O-lines for years.
Another good point. I think the downfall started once they traded for Jimmy Graham. They gave up Max Unger, who was the leader of an offensive line in a run first offense, for a (HOF) receiving TE who was a turnstile in pass/run blocking.

Also it's just worth remembering how fucking good that defense was.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll root for him going forward since I'd prefer to see him enter the Hall of Fame as a Seahawk based on the accomplishments he has already achieved.
I'll always appreciate what he did in the past for us, especially his first four years here, but I can't root for him anymore. I just loathe the person he has become. Now days he reminds me of Roger Dorn in Major League.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame on you.

Dumbass throw by a dumbass quarterback.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbass throw by a dumbass quarterback.
February 12, 2023
KC 38
Philly 35
Look at the bright side, at least you guys didn't have to eat horse shit off the streets this time.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
February 12, 2023
KC 38
Philly 35
Look at the bright side, at least you guys didn't have to eat horse shit off the streets this time.
That was one guy, silly. He earned that horse shit mouth.

You sure know what a Super Bowl loss looks like. Seattle choked harder than the Eagles. Try to remember.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one guy, silly. He earned that horse shit mouth.

You sure know what a Super Bowl loss looks like. Seattle choked harder than the Eagles. Try to remember.
NFL franchises with fans eating horseshit off the street:
Philadelphia - 1
Entire rest of the NFL franchises combined - 0

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL franchises with fans eating horseshit off the street:
Philadelphia - 1
Entire rest of the NFL franchises combined - 0
You don't know that. We are the most important fan base in the NFL so you've heard about us.

I'll leave you alone now. I just wanted to make a russell wilson sucks post.