• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Russell Wilson be a Starting QB anywhere next Year?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest to god question, were any of you watching Carson Wentz in 2021 and saying oh yeah he’s definitely back and I want him on my team? Because that’s exactly who Russ is this season with Denver(clicking the tweet will give you the full breakdown and not just what you see here).

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing that’s misleading, you see the Broncos have given up 45 sacks and think “wow Russ has no help” and then you see stuff like this and realize “oh it’s Russ’s fault”

The Broncos would have 66% less sacks given up. If Russell Wilson wasn’t the quarterback, imagine that.

which is common for scrambling QBs. Blockers pass protect to protect a spot (the pocket) If a scrambler leaves that protection early. Blockers will often times block the defender to the QB, because he is trying to protect the pocket in which the QB left.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is common for scrambling QBs. Blockers pass protect to protect a spot (the pocket) If a scrambler leaves that protection early. Blockers will often times block the defender to the QB, because he is trying to protect the pocket in which the QB left.
I was at the Broncos game in KC and I saw Wilson scramble outside of the pocket towards the sidelines and instead of throwing the ball away, take a 3 yard sack a couple of feet from the out of bounds marker. And he did that multiple times that game, that’s not on the O-Line.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the Broncos game in KC and I saw Wilson scramble outside of the pocket towards the sidelines and instead of throwing the ball away, take a 3 yard sack a couple of feet from the out of bounds marker. And he did that multiple times that game, that’s not on the O-Line.
but it helps his comp ratio, which in turns helps his rating.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not arguing against Russ. I was surprised of the benching.
My point was Payton isnt the problem. He is an asset to the team
We shall see....because if he brings in somebody worse than RW and he does not pan out? That will be his undoing.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see....because if he brings in somebody worse than RW and he does not pan out? That will be his undoing.
I honestly cant see them bringing in someone better unless they hit on the draft. Not until they get out of the cap hell Russ's contract put them in.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly cant see them bringing in someone better unless they hit on the draft. Not until they get out of the cap hell Russ's contract put them in.
Giving him that contract isn't on Russ...any player would take it. That is squarely on ownership.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving him that contract isn't on Russ...any player would take it. That is squarely on ownership.
Again. Not blaming Russ.
It is what it is.
The broncos still have to deal with that before signing a quality starter (unless it is through the draft)

& yes. that is squarely on the owners.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest to god question, were any of you watching Carson Wentz in 2021 and saying oh yeah he’s definitely back and I want him on my team? Because that’s exactly who Russ is this season with Denver(clicking the tweet will give you the full breakdown and not just what you see here).

Wilson has been playing fairly well this year. The problems with the Broncos became obvious when they gave up 70 points to the Dolphins.

Peyton has done a poor job coaching his team. Another problem with the Broncos is Elway. He was a great player, but he is a poor administrator.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not arguing against Russ. I was surprised of the benching.
My point was Payton isnt the problem. He is an asset to the team
Payton looks like he’s lost without Brees. He has no composure non the sidelines. He chews out his QB for his inability to throw a challenge flag on an obvious bad call on the goal line.

When Payton chewed out Wilson on the sidelines, what Wilson should have done was barked back at him for being an idiot instead of looking like a puppy which just got caught peeing on the carpet.

Wilson would have gained the respect of his teammates had he stood up for himself and his offense.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has been playing fairly well this year. The problems with the Broncos became obvious when they gave up 70 points to the Dolphins.

Peyton has done a poor job coaching his team. Another problem with the Broncos is Elway. He was a great player, but he is a poor administrator.

Elway hasn’t made any decisions for Denver since 2021.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton looks like he’s lost without Brees. He has no composure non the sidelines. He chews out his QB for his inability to throw a challenge flag on an obvious bad call on the goal line.

When Payton chewed out Wilson on the sidelines, what Wilson should have done was barked back at him for being an idiot instead of looking like a puppy which just got caught peeing on the carpet.

Wilson would have gained the respect of his teammates had he stood up for himself and his offense.
havent read a good post from you yet.
the start of the season was gonna be a struggle. He took over a dumpster fire.
As far as the coach & QB spat. Sure maybe they shouldnt get that heated on the sidelines, but to your point. There is only one leader of the team & that should be the HC. Wilson did what I thought he should. Just deal with it. Dont have a problem with how Wilson dealt with it.
to your point of Brees. I can agree that Payton was spoiled with a career with Brees.
but as far as being lost. his dumpster fire started 1-5 but since then they have gone 6-3. He obviously not "lost"

Sounds like your hate on Payton isnt about Payton, but you being a fan of Wilson. You take it kinda personal.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be relatively cheap for whoever wants him

Basically he's only owed 54M over the next 2 years then a team can move on from him easily

So if you think he's an upgrade over who you've got now then you're paying him like a mid tier QB

I don't really see any argument that he's not still a top 15ish QB so id assume he starts somewhere

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
havent read a good post from you yet.
the start of the season was gonna be a struggle. He took over a dumpster fire.
As far as the coach & QB spat. Sure maybe they shouldnt get that heated on the sidelines, but to your point. There is only one leader of the team & that should be the HC. Wilson did what I thought he should. Just deal with it. Dont have a problem with how Wilson dealt with it.
to your point of Brees. I can agree that Payton was spoiled with a career with Brees.
but as far as being lost. his dumpster fire started 1-5 but since then they have gone 6-3. He obviously not "lost"

Sounds like your hate on Payton isnt about Payton, but you being a fan of Wilson. You take it kinda personal.
Then don’t read them and respond.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be relatively cheap for whoever wants him

Basically he's only owed 54M over the next 2 years then a team can move on from him easily

So if you think he's an upgrade over who you've got now then you're paying him like a mid tier QB

I don't really see any argument that he's not still a top 15ish QB so id assume he starts somewhere
If Wilson is released, he’s not going to sign with a team at a bargain basement rate. That’s not his mentality. In his mind he’s still a top shelf QB capable of being a Hall of Famer.

There are very few QB’s today who you could call an obvious upgrade. Virtually no college QB is a current upgrade.

The problem with Wilson is that he’s stuck on a team with mediocre talent across the board.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wilson is released, he’s not going to sign with a team at a bargain basement rate. That’s not his mentality. In his mind he’s still a top shelf QB capable of being a Hall of Famer.

There are very few QB’s today who you could call an obvious upgrade. Virtually no college QB is a current upgrade.

The problem with Wilson is that he’s stuck on a team with mediocre talent across the board.
Id love to get Russ on a 2/3 year deal in Atl

We be huge favorites on the division the next few seasons and that would match well with our current roster and guys we have coming due for new deals in 2-4 years

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He could if he wants to stick it to the Broncos... If he signs for league minimum, then he's still guaranteed 39 million from Denver... If he signs an agreement that would pay him more, he wouldn't get that money from Denver...

However, i'd be shocked if he doesn't try to lock up a multiple year contract again...