• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Philly trade Foles once Wentz returns?

Would Philly trade Foles in this situation?

• They would keep him as the backup

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • They would be willing to trade him for a fair deal

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • They would be willing to trade him, but only if another team overpays significantly

Votes: 16 55.2%

• Total voters

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What didn’t you like?
It’s going to be very tricky. It looks like he’s going all in again this year and stock piling draft picks for the rebuild. Because after this year they are going to have to rebuild. Graham, who is a star, will most likely leave and that hurts big time. But having a young star QB is where we are set.
Exactly what you said. Going all in. With such a good young core there was no reason. You got your title. Now try to be dominant for 10 years under Wentz not one. Very poor IMO. The other thing I thought was horrible was the whole QB thing a couple of years ago. He completely overplayed that. Getting Minny to over pay for Bradford bailed him out, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a bad move

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, numbnuts, you went on about the Eagles FO being one of the best, then used pro Eagles sites to validate your point.
Then numbnuts #2 decides he can support your dumbass with the GM of the Year award for a non Eagles point of view. Now of course while at least he could outside praise, he must not have realized Jones won that same award.
Why do so many (not all) Eagles fans live in a bubble?

I didn’t go on about the FO being one of the best. I said Roseman was an excellent cap guy. Why do you make this shit up and try to spin it into something else. That’s all we talked about on here and I posted multiple times that I never said he was a great GM. I said he was a great cap guy. We disagree a lot but I don’t do this crap to you.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what you said. Going all in. With such a good young core there was no reason. You got your title. Now try to be dominant for 10 years under Wentz not one. Very poor IMO. The other thing I thought was horrible was the whole QB thing a couple of years ago. He completely overplayed that. Getting Minny to over pay for Bradford bailed him out, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a bad move

So if you have a solid team you’d dismantle it now. You think going all in is a bad move. They think they have a SB roster and you think it’s a bad move to go for another title? Huhh? And we have an old roster.

You also think it was a bad move to go after a young star franchise QB when you didn’t have one? Luckily they hit gold but I’m really not following you.

Don’t go after a SB? Dismantle an excellent roster. Whaaaaaat?

The Bradford deal was because Wentz had ZERO college experience and wanted to give him time. They saw greatness right off the bat and got rid of Sammy Sleeves. The other backup was a fiasco though. He screwed that up for sure.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Roseman a lot and think he is really good. But, that was before this year where I think he has made some bad moves. Let's see how he does over the next couple of years. It's Tricky to get out from under these cap issues and still improve the team at the same time and even trickier to keep your good young players while doing so.

Yeah, not sure how much that award means and I imagine it's pretty common after a SB year out of nowhere. What do you think about this guy? Great exec?

Cowboys GM Jerry Jones named NFL Executive of the Year by PFWA
Yes he's a great executive. I'm surprised he hasn't won COY on multiple occasions though.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both of us know how to read... unlike you, tard.
We reed reel guud. Its on the indernut so dat is legit.

Tell me which other Execs of the year you consider great GMs/capologists? Hint there may be two. Polian whom I hate and Pioli, all the rest are like RosiePalm are one hit wonders. That award is a farce to make GMs and owners feel good about themselves.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep seeing we're 30 million over the cap. I say, who gives a fuck we won the SB...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep seeing we're 30 million over the cap. I say, who gives a fuck we won the SB...
I don't think anyone would discredit that? Especially for a team who had been starving for one for 50 lo0000nnnnggggg years.

Most non-Philly fans are just trying to point out Rosebum mortgaged the farm. They won and that's great but starting 2019 it will be the same old sad as Eagles is all.

Unfortunately for you there are morons in your fan base that don't realize once you clear the current cap problem you have to restock. That takes cap. Or the alternative which is where Philly is headed. No depth, used up vets, a QB making crazy money, a bunch of rookies on rookie contracts until they all come due again in 4 years...Not sure why some can't see the writing on the wall?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tell me which other Execs of the year you consider great GMs/capologists? Hint there may be two. Polian whom I hate and Pioli, all the rest are like RosiePalm are one hit wonders. That award is a farce to make GMs and owners feel good about themselves.

Executive of the Year | PFWA

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

every one of them >>>>>> you

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone would discredit that? Especially for a team who had been starving for one for 50 lo0000nnnnggggg years.

Most non-Philly fans are just trying to point out Rosebum mortgaged the farm. They won and that's great but starting 2019 it will be the same old sad as Eagles is all.

Unfortunately for you there are morons in your fan base that don't realize once you clear the current cap problem you have to restock. That takes cap. Or the alternative which is where Philly is headed. No depth, used up vets, a QB making crazy money, a bunch of rookies on rookie contracts until they all come due again in 4 years...Not sure why some can't see the writing on the wall?

Again. I. Don't. Give. A. Fuck.

In 2016 when he took control over personnel he brought in Brooks, McLeod, Bradham, and drafted Wentz, Vaitai, and Mills.

In 2017 he brought in Jeffrey, Smith, Foles, Long, Robinson, Blount, Ajayi, drafted Barnett, and signed Clement as an UFA. Traded a shitty WR, for a starting CB. Traded for Jernigan.

And it's pretty obvious you come here with a bias, claiming the same old sad Eagles. Since 2000 the Eagles have the 2nd most wins in the NFC and 2nd most playoff wins in the NFC. And I'm glad you can see into the future.

He did the moves to make the Eagles SB Champs, and put them in a great position to repeat again this year. Not saying the Eagles will but they are odds on favorites to get there from the NFC.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you have a solid team you’d dismantle it now. You think going all in is a bad move. They think they have a SB roster and you think it’s a bad move to go for another title? Huhh? And we have an old roster.

You also think it was a bad move to go after a young star franchise QB when you didn’t have one? Luckily they hit gold but I’m really not following you.

Don’t go after a SB? Dismantle an excellent roster. Whaaaaaat?

The Bradford deal was because Wentz had ZERO college experience and wanted to give him time. They saw greatness right off the bat and got rid of Sammy Sleeves. The other backup was a fiasco though. He screwed that up for sure.
Thats not at all what I'm saying

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In 2016 when he took control over personnel he brought in Brooks, McLeod, Bradham, and drafted Wentz, Vaitai, and Mills.

In 2017 he brought in Jeffrey, Smith, Foles, Long, Robinson, Blount, Ajayi, drafted Barnett, and signed Clement as an UFA. Traded a shitty WR, for a starting CB. Traded for Jernigan.

And it's pretty obvious you come here with a bias, claiming the same old sad Eagles. Since 2000 the Eagles have the 2nd most wins in the NFC and 2nd most playoff wins in the NFC. And I'm glad you can see into the future.

He did the moves to make the Eagles SB Champs, and put them in a great position to repeat again this year. Not saying the Eagles will but they are odds on favorites to get there from the NFC.

Yeah, if/when the Vikings get over the top, I won't give a shit about the cap hell.

Glad for the decent Philly fans out there. You could go 5 years without a sniff of the playoffs, but you won't and shouldn't give a shit.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You. Must. Give. At. Least. One. Fuck. Otherwise you wouldn't be getting so easily rustled.

What is it with you cherry picking fans? Roseman has been involved in personnel moves since 2000 to varying degrees. Don't kid yourself for a second he wasn't a big part of the decision making, especially consider he's a cap whiz. He was fully vested in the decisions but that doesn't fit your narrative does it?

How am I being biased? I said I don't think anyone would discredit what he did over the past couple years to get a SB. But he mortgaged the farm in doing so. So were the Eagles and their fans not starved for a SB for 50 looonnnngggg years? That's rhetorical no need to reply unless you want to outright lie?

Like some of your compadres, you like moving the goal posts. So was Roseman an integral part since 2000 or not? If not why bring up your point starting from 2000? I'll take your numbers on face value, I'm not going to look them up. Since Roseman took over GM duties in 2010 they are a .500 club. Nothing more nothing less. Simply mediocre with a well deserved SB title.

Looks like we're both clairvoyant? Let me guess you're using someone's odds for saying the Eagles are odds on favorites so you're not responsible for predicting the future? Am I Right?
Timeline
1999:
After an interview, Tannenbaum brought Roseman on as a player personnel intern in 1999.
2000:
After another pursuit, Roseman was hired by the Philadelphia Eagles as an intern to work on salary cap issues in 2000.
2003:
Roseman was promoted to Director of Football Administration in 2003, and has been part of the decision making process since then with such colleagues as Andy Reid, Chip Kelly, Joe Banner, and Tom Heckert.
2010:
Roseman continued to climb the Eagles front office ladder, serving as the vice president of player personnel for two years before being named the Eagles general manager on January 29, 2010 after Tom Heckert was hired by the Cleveland Browns in the same role.
2013:
Three years later, Roseman assisted Eagles chairman Jeffrey Lurie in the team's search for a new head coach in 2013, which ended with University of Oregon coach Chip Kelly coming to Philadelphia.
2015:
On January 2, 2015, Roseman was relieved of his duties as GM and elevated to the role of Executive Vice President of Football Operations.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You. Must. Give. At. Least. One. Fuck. Otherwise you wouldn't be getting so easily rustled.

What is it with you cherry picking fans? Roseman has been involved in personnel moves since 2000 to varying degrees. Don't kid yourself for a second he wasn't a big part of the decision making, especially consider he's a cap whiz. He was fully vested in the decisions but that doesn't fit your narrative does it?

How am I being biased? I said I don't think anyone would discredit what he did over the past couple years to get a SB. But he mortgaged the farm in doing so. So were the Eagles and their fans not starved for a SB for 50 looonnnngggg years? That's rhetorical no need to reply unless you want to outright lie?

Like some of your compadres, you like moving the goal posts. So was Roseman an integral part since 2000 or not? If not why bring up your point starting from 2000? I'll take your numbers on face value, I'm not going to look them up. Since Roseman took over GM duties in 2010 they are a .500 club. Nothing more nothing less. Simply mediocre with a well deserved SB title.

Looks like we're both clairvoyant? Let me guess you're using someone's odds for saying the Eagles are odds on favorites so you're not responsible for predicting the future? Am I Right?
Timeline
1999:
After an interview, Tannenbaum brought Roseman on as a player personnel intern in 1999.
2000:
After another pursuit, Roseman was hired by the Philadelphia Eagles as an intern to work on salary cap issues in 2000.
2003:
Roseman was promoted to Director of Football Administration in 2003, and has been part of the decision making process since then with such colleagues as Andy Reid, Chip Kelly, Joe Banner, and Tom Heckert.
2010:
Roseman continued to climb the Eagles front office ladder, serving as the vice president of player personnel for two years before being named the Eagles general manager on January 29, 2010 after Tom Heckert was hired by the Cleveland Browns in the same role.
2013:
Three years later, Roseman assisted Eagles chairman Jeffrey Lurie in the team's search for a new head coach in 2013, which ended with University of Oregon coach Chip Kelly coming to Philadelphia.
2015:
On January 2, 2015, Roseman was relieved of his duties as GM and elevated to the role of Executive Vice President of Football Operations.

I'm not getting rustled. I honestly don't know how else to say I don't give a fuck.