• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Philly trade Foles once Wentz returns?

Would Philly trade Foles in this situation?

• They would keep him as the backup

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • They would be willing to trade him for a fair deal

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • They would be willing to trade him, but only if another team overpays significantly

Votes: 16 55.2%

• Total voters

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not getting rustled. I honestly don't know how else to say I don't give a fuck.

OK fair enough. When I don't care about something I usually just pay it zero attention:noidea:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK fair enough. When I don't care about something I usually just pay it zero attention:noidea:

Was reading through this dumb thread, saw references to them being 30 million over the cap, and responded by saying I don't give a fuck because we won the SB. You spewed some BS, I responded, you then spewed more BS, and now we're done.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was reading through this dumb thread, saw references to them being 30 million over the cap, and responded by saying I don't give a fuck because we won the SB. You spewed some BS, I responded, you then spewed more BS, and now we're done.

So you're done spewing BS about you don't care now? Got it:thumb:

I often find myself reading through dumb stuff and commenting on it especially when I don't care about it.

I'll check back with you in a couple years when my clairvoyance takes over and you do care because your team is mediocre at best once again. Enjoy, no hard feelings:suds:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats not at all what I'm saying

Well I definitely seem to misunderstand your points frequently. They didnt sign any big name FA this year except Michael Bennet after they lost Vinny Curry (A wash in monies owed). What were you trying to say about going all in this year?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I often find myself reading through dumb stuff and commenting on it especially when I don't care about it.

I'll check back with you in a couple years when my clairvoyance takes over and you do care because your team is mediocre at best once again. Enjoy, no hard feelings:suds:

That will be because their plan backfired. Go "all in" one more year while piling up tons of draft picks to replace all the high priced veterans you will lose trying to get under the cap. If they do a bad job drafting they will be mediocre, if they draft well they'll be fine. So no one know if they will be screwed in a couple years or not. two 2's, two 3rds, two 4ths and two 5th give them the ammo to reload while letting high priced thirty year olds walk like (Jason Peters 37 in January, Chris Long 34 in March, Michael Bennett 33 in 3 months, Brandon Graham 31 in April). It will be very VERY hard replacing a Hall Of Fame LT and an All Pro DE... that I admit.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't comprehend, I see.

And that's fine. Peace.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I definitely seem to misunderstand your points frequently. They didnt sign any big name FA this year except Michael Bennet after they lost Vinny Curry (A wash in monies owed). What were you trying to say about going all in this year?
Going all in was your term. I just agreed. I'm not saying don't try to win a SB, that is silly. I'm saying try to win 5 SBs.

The Eagles should be better on paper this year than last year. They should be in the SB hunt for a few years as long as they don't have to dismantle the team. They now find themselves in a position where they are in big trouble next year from a cap perspective. They could have done w/o the Foles cap hit. The DL was just fine w/o Bennett. I love Ngata (if he still has it), but again those dollars you don't spend this year on these players can be rolled into next year. Mike Wallace stinks and he could count $4M against the cap. Add those guys up and roll the savings and perhaps you don't have to lose Brandon Graham or someone else.

So instead of trying to keep the team together for the long run like the Patriots do, they are hurting future years in an attempt to win this year, but they have enough talent to win w/o those guys and didn't need them. Spotrac shows them $43M over the cap in 2019. I don't know if that is accurate, but that is a problem even after you subtract Foles out of the equation.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QB moves were kind of a cluster fuck that luckily worked out for them. I don't remember the order they happened in, but I think the trade up in the draft was last but it was only a few weeks after the two FA signings so they must have known they were going to try to do it at least. Signing both Bradford and Daniel was a poor move. Doing all 3 was bizarre. Even Wentz was a crapshoot because they had to be prepared to take Goff also since no one knew what was going to happen with the Rams at #1 even if they admitted to leaning Goff. It worked out and worked out well so they get the last laugh, but that was more luck than anything else IMO.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going all in was your term. I just agreed. I'm not saying don't try to win a SB, that is silly. I'm saying try to win 5 SBs.

The Eagles should be better on paper this year than last year. They should be in the SB hunt for a few years as long as they don't have to dismantle the team. They now find themselves in a position where they are in big trouble next year from a cap perspective. They could have done w/o the Foles cap hit. The DL was just fine w/o Bennett. I love Ngata (if he still has it), but again those dollars you don't spend this year on these players can be rolled into next year. Mike Wallace stinks and he could count $4M against the cap. Add those guys up and roll the savings and perhaps you don't have to lose Brandon Graham or someone else.

So instead of trying to keep the team together for the long run like the Patriots do, they are hurting future years in an attempt to win this year, but they have enough talent to win w/o those guys and didn't need them. Spotrac shows them $43M over the cap in 2019. I don't know if that is accurate, but that is a problem even after you subtract Foles out of the equation.

Gotcha and I get your point. I think with Jernigan possibly being out a while and them loving rotational players was the reason but I see what you’re saying.
I don’t know if they’ll be in the SB hunt after this year cause it looks like reload time. Brandon Graham is looking unaffordable and he’s just at that difficult age. He’s still fantastic but so you want to give someone who is 31 $85 million.
They are definitely in a tricky place at the end of this season.

The new TE looks like a complete stud so far (but it’s only preseason). How we just need to find a stud LT, DE and CB for 2019

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QB moves were kind of a cluster fuck that luckily worked out for them. I don't remember the order they happened in, but I think the trade up in the draft was last but it was only a few weeks after the two FA signings so they must have known they were going to try to do it at least. Signing both Bradford and Daniel was a poor move. Doing all 3 was bizarre. Even Wentz was a crapshoot because they had to be prepared to take Goff also since no one knew what was going to happen with the Rams at #1 even if they admitted to leaning Goff. It worked out and worked out well so they get the last laugh, but that was more luck than anything else IMO.

Got this point too. I didn’t get the Chace Daniels huge contract. I think they were hedging it in case they couldn’t trade up for Wentz. Bradford was an Eagle the year before fyi. But it did seem sloppy management

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got this point too. I didn’t get the Chace Daniels huge contract. I think they were hedging it in case they couldn’t trade up for Wentz. Bradford was an Eagle the year before fyi. But it did seem sloppy management
My bad, forgot that he was there a year before, but doesn't change the point too much. Like I said, I think Roseman does a good job. I just think he made some big errors that he so far avoided paying for. If they win another SB this year all will be worth it of course and a guy like Bennett if he has his head on straight can make their DL absolutely dominant and a nightmare for offenses to deal with. I think a lot of teams are going to have to go to quick drops against them to protect their QBs and be able to move the ball

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

$30 million over the cap? I tried to do a quick review and may have missed the post. As of today the Eagles are currently $5 mil under the cap. They are projected to be $30 mil for the $2019 season but we all know that is not going to stay that way. Very few teams manage the cap as well as the Eagles.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$30 million over the cap? I tried to do a quick review and may have missed the post. As of today the Eagles are currently $5 mil under the cap. They are projected to be $30 mil for the $2019 season but we all know that is not going to stay that way. Very few teams manage the cap as well as the Eagles.

I'm the same, I didn't realize the Eagles have serious cap problems because, quite frankly, they never do. Roseman has been masterful so far and it wouldn't surprise me if we really don't. There are quite a few players who will likely be off the books after this season. Peters, Sproles and Foles for sure. That has to be 20 million alone.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the same, I didn't realize the Eagles have serious cap problems because, quite frankly, they never do. Roseman has been masterful so far and it wouldn't surprise me if we really don't. There are quite a few players who will likely be off the books after this season. Peters, Sproles and Foles for sure. That has to be 20 million alone.
Foles and Peters gets you close to even, but then you need to sign others to replace them. The Eagles will have to rely heavily on the draft next year.