• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Philly trade Foles once Wentz returns?

Would Philly trade Foles in this situation?

• They would keep him as the backup

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • They would be willing to trade him for a fair deal

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • They would be willing to trade him, but only if another team overpays significantly

Votes: 16 55.2%

• Total voters

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read 4 of your links and 4 were Philly writers, if you posted two more I never read them, because I figured they were just more gibberish. If you refuse to see the cap hell the Eagles might be in then yes you are wearing homer glasses.

I have never said the task ahead is impossible because being a Dallas fan I've learned teams can be in cap hell for years and still manage to sign most players they want.
Time will tell, but your claims are nothing but ball washer opinions.

Jesus so every Eagle fan on here is stupid, every article writer is a ball washer and the two other non Philly writers I guess are just blind and you know more about the Eagles GM and his Rep they all of us. You’re fucking impossible.
I stated I thought Beasley wasn’t very good and I came back and said I was wrong. I thought Fletcher Cox was the best DT and I started watching Donald I saw it wasn’t even close. Donald’s easily the best. Did you read the one write up that said Rosemans in was his expertise on cap management? You think all these writers would just make shit up. Did you read the article where Roseman said he isn’t worried about the cap at all? But we are all misguided and you know the real inside scoop. Jesus dude. People are wrong sometimes. It’s no big deal. Why is it so hard for you just to accept the fact what multiple people choose to write a story on... that Roseman is known as a top cap guy?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus so every Eagle fan on here is stupid, every article writer is a ball washer and the two other non Philly writers I guess are just blind and you know more about the Eagles GM and his Rep they all of us. You’re fucking impossible.
I stated I thought Beasley wasn’t very good and I came back and said I was wrong. I thought Fletcher Cox was the best DT and I started watching Donald I saw it wasn’t even close. Donald’s easily the best. Did you read the one write up that said Rosemans in was his expertise on cap management? You think all these writers would just make shit up. Did you read the article where Roseman said he isn’t worried about the cap at all? But we are all misguided and you know the real inside scoop. Jesus dude. People are wrong sometimes. It’s no big deal. Why is it so hard for you just to accept the fact what multiple people choose to write a story on... that Roseman is known as a top cap guy?
Did I say every Eagle fan?
Do yourself a favor and STFU.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say every Eagle fan?
Do yourself a favor and STFU.

I said every Eagle fan not you... and everyone on here wrote Roseman is a great cap guy. So bizarre you fight everything

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course but Peters went down before Halloween and Foles is our backup. The Eagles lost a bunch of really good players and still won the SB. The Eagles are a much better team heading into the season than when they ended it. You may be right and maybe the Eagles will have some Cap hell but we typically don't, going back to Banner. Roseman has been Godlike for the Eagles so far.
$30 million over the cap? I tried to do a quick review and may have missed the post. As of today the Eagles are currently $5 mil under the cap. They are projected to be $30 mil for the $2019 season but we all know that is not going to stay that way. Very few teams manage the cap as well as the Eagles.
Eagles have always been excellent at managing the cap. They were the team that invented restructuring rookie contracts early and paying less. I don’t know why you’d align yourself with the 2nd biggest troll on the board.
Howie Roseman >>>>>>>> douchebag Pats fan on the internet.

Yep... all of them! @Manster7588

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so are you under the Delusion that all Eagle fans agree with you? ......... just checking.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I dont know squat about how Comp picks are done. However I thought you had to be a UFA. meaning if you get cut (even if because of Cap casualties) You wouldnt be counted for comp picks.

Not being sure but some Pats fan I think was nice enough to give a link (way back 700 pages ago on this thread) on comp picks.
So I copied & pasted this tidbits from it.

In order to qualify for the comp equation, a player must have been a true Unrestricted Free Agent whose contract had expired or was voided after the previous season (i.e., he cannot have been released by his old team)

Now dont know if I am reading this right, but if the Eagles cut Foles to save 18+ million in cap space, since he is under contract for 2019, wouldnt that mean they get no comp picks for him regardless?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I dont know squat about how Comp picks are done. However I thought you had to be a UFA. meaning if you get cut (even if because of Cap casualties) You wouldnt be counted for comp picks.

Not being sure but some Pats fan I think was nice enough to give a link (way back 700 pages ago on this thread) on comp picks.

In order to qualify for the comp equation, a player must have been a true Unrestricted Free Agent whose contract had expired or was voided after the previous season (i.e., he cannot have been released by his old team)

Now dont know if I am reading this right, but if the Eagles cut Foles to save 18+ million in cap space, since he is under contract for 2019, wouldnt that mean they get no comp picks for him regardless?

its a mutual option contract. So Foles can stay with the Eagles if he wants, but otherwise is a free agent.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so are you under the Delusion that all Eagle fans agree with you? ......... just checking.

It’s pretty much common knowledge. Sort of like how every Cowboy fan knows Z Elliot is good.
How is that delusional when the 3 other Eagle fans said the same exact thing as me?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think you will find a single Eagles fan that does not think Roseman is a genius at managing the cap. Where Roseman has received his criticism amongst Eagles fan is his poor ability as a personel guy. Roseman wanted so bad to be involved in the player decision that he made power plays to get it. His poor ability in that area led to Chip Kelly getting personel control away from him. Sad thing is Chip Kelly was far worse than Roseman ever could be. Roseman IMO is the master of the deal. He may not be good at evaluating talent but he is a genious at getting players the Eagles target.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I suspect it all depends on the exact contract language and how the NFL deals with that specific scenario. You have to remember that the NFL has never actually released the details behind how they award the picks each year and are the sole "deciders" on how they are awarded. They can very easily change the methodology and award nothing for Foles if they feel it was structured in a way to capitalize on this exact scenario, but they'd need to feel strongly about it to do so. Regardless, Philly needs to lose more FAs than they gain to get any picks and he will need to get a lot of PT or the pick awarded will be a low one anyway.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is a mean thing to say. I'm sure there has to be at least one Eagles fan that isn't stupid. :scratch:

:hockeysmile:

I have to admit...that is funny. You know we also say the same thing about Cowboys fans but I am sure you already know that. :lol:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles would be smart to keep Foles ...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just simply can’t afford a $20 million dollar hit next year when they are projected to be 30 million OVER the cap. Sucks but he’s gone!
Not at $20M. But does the contract allow for both sides to opt out and then bring him back at a lesser salary? I'm assuming it does if it allows for him to become an unrestricted FA with mutual consent.

Also, I thought it was $43M over the cap?
Philadelphia Eagles 2019 Salary Cap

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer, he's proven how he can perform on the big stage... He stepped up ..
That he did

f062fa3f2261dd9cd13665879854e8ef.png