• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Philly trade Foles once Wentz returns?

Would Philly trade Foles in this situation?

• They would keep him as the backup

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • They would be willing to trade him for a fair deal

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • They would be willing to trade him, but only if another team overpays significantly

Votes: 16 55.2%

• Total voters

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles and Peters gets you close to even, but then you need to sign others to replace them. The Eagles will have to rely heavily on the draft next year.
Yes, and each draft pick comes with more cap. That also needs to take into account the assumption that no one gets hurt this year and they need to bring in a FA or two to replace them on more then a one year deal? If they have $ to even bring them in this year by seasons end?

Next year renegotiate Wentz? That alone will kill them for the foreseeable future, even if they kick payments down the road a few years. $4-5M in buffer for when players go down. Sign any other current players who's contracts expire to new deals.

Yep not looking good in the city of brotherly love future. It's certainly not going to look like what it does now.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles and Peters gets you close to even, but then you need to sign others to replace them. The Eagles will have to rely heavily on the draft next year.

Of course but Peters went down before Halloween and Foles is our backup. The Eagles lost a bunch of really good players and still won the SB. The Eagles are a much better team heading into the season than when they ended it. You may be right and maybe the Eagles will have some Cap hell but we typically don't, going back to Banner. Roseman has been Godlike for the Eagles so far.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course but Peters went down before Halloween and Foles is our backup. The Eagles lost a bunch of really good players and still won the SB. The Eagles are a much better team heading into the season than when they ended it. You may be right and maybe the Eagles will have some Cap hell but we typically don't, going back to Banner. Roseman has been Godlike for the Eagles so far.

Funny @Manster7588 so many Roseman ball washers when it comes to managing the cap

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some will call this trolling, but I do think a good portion of the Eagles overachieved, in winning that SB.

Please don't take that as they didn't earn it. They played their asses off and I do tip my hat to the team and their fans.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your response makes zero sense to me.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some will call this trolling, but I do think a good portion of the Eagles overachieved, in winning that SB.

Please don't take that as they didn't earn it. They played their asses off and I do tip my hat to the team and their fans.

I was talking to DACA in my previous response.

Of course they did, none of us expected that. I think most of us were amazed that we beat Atlanta. I have a feeling that we all kind of knew we would crush Minny (just a weird vibe), but I will admit that I was amazed that we pulled the SB off, even with that "team of destiny" thing that was going on. It just happened for some reason. Waited 40 fucking years for that.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny @Manster7588 so many Roseman ball washers when it comes to managing the cap
Funny how Eagle fans think he's the second coming? He's been a great cap guy. Actually he's been great at managing the cap but so are many others with better results. They just don't get the recognition because they manage the cap and build quality teams year in and year out. Just like executive of the year. Have one good season and boom there it is:scratch: Execs unlike players should need to sustain some back-to-back good seasons. After all they're building the franchise. Not for a single year. Since he took over GM duties his teams have had 4 season below .500 and 4 above. Not sure how this makes him great unless in Philly the bar is set at gutter level?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking to DACA in my previous response.

Of course they did, none of us expected that. I think most of us were amazed that we beat Atlanta. I have a feeling that we all kind of knew we would crush Minny (just a weird vibe), but I will admit that I was amazed that we pulled the SB off, even with that "team of destiny" thing that was going on. It just happened for some reason. Waited 40 fucking years for that.
Well then I owe you an apology for post 347. I'm sorry for lumping you in with some homers.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind that Roseman was basically banished during the Kelly disaster. Lurie kept him around for some reason, turned out well so far. Are you saying that Roseman hasn't built a quality team? They just won the SB.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then I owe you an apology for post 347. I'm sorry for lumping you in with some homers.

No need, I need to figure out the posting system so people understand who I am replying to.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team has to cut big contracts just to get cap even next season, that's not GREAT cap management. Well maybe it is if you have homer glasses on.

My homer glasses. So EVERY Eagle fan on here said Roseman is a great cap guy, I gave you 6 links to people speaking of his excellent reputation in managing the cap (3 of them not Philly writers) and we are all liars, homer glasses wearing or ball washers... or maybe it’s just true but you can never be man enough to admit you’re wrong. It’s surreal that you cant man up and acknowledge what’s apparent.
Cut a 37 year old and a back up QB and we are fine. Why can’t you ever just admit you’re wrong... it’s no big deal.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm saying the same thing all non-Philly fans are saying. He built a SB winning team but mortgaged the farm.

His record is not great.

I'm not sure I'd call it being banished for those two years Chip got to influence player selection. Roseman helped bring Chip in.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm saying the same thing all non-Philly fans are saying. He built a SB winning team but mortgaged the farm.

His record is not great.

I'm not sure I'd call it being banished for those two years Chip got to influence player selection. Roseman helped bring Chip in.
If that's all it takes. Let's get to mortgaging Jerry!!!!

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My homer glasses. So EVERY Eagle fan on here said Roseman is a great cap guy, I gave you 6 links to people speaking of his excellent reputation in managing the cap (3 of them not Philly writers) and we are all liars, homer glasses wearing or ball washers... or maybe it’s just true but you can never be man enough to admit you’re wrong. It’s surreal that you cant man up and acknowledge what’s apparent.
Cut a 37 year old and a back up QB and we are fine. Why can’t you ever just admit you’re wrong... it’s no big deal.

I read 4 of your links and 4 were Philly writers, if you posted two more I never read them, because I figured they were just more gibberish. If you refuse to see the cap hell the Eagles might be in then yes you are wearing homer glasses.

I have never said the task ahead is impossible because being a Dallas fan I've learned teams can be in cap hell for years and still manage to sign most players they want.
Time will tell, but your claims are nothing but ball washer opinions.