• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which people will benefit the most from the draft?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of teams, I'll give the people who I think benefited the most from the draft this year:

* Kyler Murray - I think Harrison will make Murray a happy man
* Shane Waldron - What an amazing "one - two punch" he will have for the offense in Chicago getting both Williams and Odunze in the same draft. They even added to the O-line.
* Bo Nix - I think he has a high probability of starting in game 1, unlike a few QB's drafted in front of him (JJ and Penix).
* Justin Herbert - Harbaugh decides to spend his top pick bolstering the offensive line (Alt) and gives him a nice WR (McConkey) in the second.
* JJ McCarthy - Walks into a solid offense, and will likely get some time to adjust to the NFL, instead of being thrown in right away. I honestly think this is a better situation than Maye.
* Daniel Jones - Nabers should be a really nice target for him
* Aaron Rodgers - The Jets begin plugging holes on the line and get him a nice WR in the 3rd and a nice RB in the 4th
* Vic Fangio - The secondary in Philly was BAD last year. They spent a lot of draft capital on getting some guys to fix that.
* Russell Wilson - The Steelers spend a lot of draft capital strengthening that offensive line...Roman Wilson may also be a nice piece to that offense
* Aaron Glenn - Detroit spends a lot of draft capital (and even getting free agents) fixing the secondary

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of teams, I'll give the people who I think benefited the most from the draft this year:

* Kyler Murray - I think Harrison will make Murray a happy man
* Shane Waldron - What an amazing "one - two punch" he will have for the offense in Chicago getting both Williams and Odunze in the same draft. They even added to the O-line.
* Bo Nix - I think he has a high probability of starting in game 1, unlike a few QB's drafted in front of him (JJ and Penix).
* Justin Herbert - Harbaugh decides to spend his top pick bolstering the offensive line (Alt) and gives him a nice WR (McConkey) in the second.
* JJ McCarthy - Walks into a solid offense, and will likely get some time to adjust to the NFL, instead of being thrown in right away. I honestly think this is a better situation than Maye.
* Daniel Jones - Nabers should be a really nice target for him
* Aaron Rodgers - The Jets begin plugging holes on the line and get him a nice WR in the 3rd and a nice RB in the 4th
* Vic Fangio - The secondary in Philly was BAD last year. They spent a lot of draft capital on getting some guys to fix that.
* Russell Wilson - The Steelers spend a lot of draft capital strengthening that offensive line...Roman Wilson may also be a nice piece to that offense
* Aaron Glenn - Detroit spends a lot of draft capital (and even getting free agents) fixing the secondary
I'm not impressed by Waldron. His 3rd down scheme is to have the RB not block and not receive. Generally the RB just jogs to the sideline 7 yards behind the LOS so the QB can throw it away without getting called for grounding. It's a 10-man offensive scheme, and it's ineffective.

I still think Russell Wilson would be better off coaching or commentating in 2024, before returning to play in 2025.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not impressed by Waldron. His 3rd down scheme is to have the RB not block and not receive. Generally the RB just jogs to the sideline 7 yards behind the LOS so the QB can throw it away without getting called for grounding. It's a 10-man offensive scheme, and it's ineffective.

Well, regardless, there aren't too many people walking into a situation like he has with these high ceiling rookies.

I still think Russell Wilson would be better off coaching or commentating in 2024, before returning to play in 2025.

He's going to be 36 next season. I don't think he needs to sit out unless his body is just ravished. They shut him down early last season in Denver, so I imagine that he should be in pretty good shape coming into the 2024 season. The Steelers really had a good draft for him. This could be a perfect opportunity for him to have a nice 2-3 year run before age likely ends his career.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Burrow, Aidan Hutchinson, and Justin Fields would be my three biggest winners. I say Fields instead of Wilson because Oline often takes a couple of years to hit its prime and Roman Wilson as a deep slot is good but a lot of his action is up the middle of the field.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Burrow, Aidan Hutchinson, and Justin Fields would be my three biggest winners. I say Fields instead of Wilson because Oline often takes a couple of years to hit its prime and Roman Wilson as a deep slot is good but a lot of his action is up the middle of the field.
Fields is never going to be a franchise QB, he might get a chance to start with the Steelers at some point but he’ll be a bust there just like he was in Chicago. He’s a RB, not a QB. The Steelers will have to draft a franchise QB in the next couple of years.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields is never going to be a franchise QB, he might get a chance to start with the Steelers at some point but he’ll be a bust there just like he was in Chicago. He’s a RB, not a QB. The Steelers will have to draft a franchise QB in the next couple of years.
Yeah...probably. But its the Steelers. They're never in a position to draft a franchise QB. I think the Steelers might also be happy with Fields just scrambling for 7 yard gains a lot.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It will be interesting to see if Fields can give Wilson some legit competition for the starting job. Even if Wilson is named QB1, Fields could also see some starting time if Wilson tanks midseason and/or if he gets hurt.

Both guys will be expensive after this year as it is a contract year for both (Pitt declined Fields 5th year option). My guess is they stick with Wilson, unless he just absolutely tanks. Fields could get them a draft pick or two if a team gets desperate early in the season due to a QB injury. I just don't see Fields playing any significant time in Pittsburgh.

I usually root against Pittsburgh, so I'm kind of hoping both QB's are busts. :D

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see if Fields can give Wilson some legit competition for the starting job. Even if Wilson is named QB1, Fields could also see some starting time if Wilson tanks midseason and/or if he gets hurt.

Both guys will be expensive after this year as it is a contract year for both (Pitt declined Fields 5th year option). My guess is they stick with Wilson, unless he just absolutely tanks. Fields could get them a draft pick or two if a team gets desperate early in the season due to a QB injury. I just don't see Fields playing any significant time in Pittsburgh.

I usually root against Pittsburgh, so I'm kind of hoping both QB's are busts. :D
I think common wisdom would say Fields doesn't work out but if he was to work out then this draft is perfect for him. I guess thats the stance I'll take there. Personally, I think Wilson retires after this year unless he goes deep with the Steelers.

To expand on my #1, Joe Burrow got a legit OT prospect and I suspect that the Bengals wont be in that position too often with Burrow. They keep Tee Higgins for another year. Jermaine Burton was the best deep ball receiver in the draft outside of the top 3. Good chance he is too much of a head case for teams to keep but he gets to be a #3 receiver catching Burrow moon balls. You then have Erick All and Tanner McLachlan and I think they're both serviceable TE prospects.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Pats draft was ok, they did not have as many picks as in other seasons. They addressed positions of need. Now they have to build it up again!