• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chillin' 'n' grillin'. movies maybe later...

Mrs. CL wants to do some shopping in a bit, which, unfortunately for me, is still legal in the state of California...

#sos:lol:

I know about that shopping stuff. My wife's oldest sister is in town for the weekend. They actually asked if I was interested in going out w/ them for a little bit this morning for some breakfast. So I lit up a joint & told them I would be way too stoned to go anywhere. They're shopping right now somewhere, probably down in Denver. And my other sis-n-law is w/ them so it's a nonstop chatter-fest.

We haven't decided when we're gonna cookout yet. Probably tomorrow though.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there are two things nearly every woman on the planet knows how do well is run their pieholes and shop and spend money their significant others earn. I grew up with three sisters and they did that and still do that nearly at the drop of a hat.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there are two things nearly every woman on the planet knows how do well is run their pieholes and shop and spend money their significant others earn. I grew up with three sisters and they did that and still do that nearly at the drop of a hat.

tenor.gif

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. One of those 3 seems most likely. I'd have the Cavs as the favorites because I think Lebron would prefer to stay in Cleveland if they can find some way to get him some help.

Why does everyone keep saying he needs help?
Did they not just make it back to the finals again?
You don't do that if you don't have help.

And, again, he's not leaving the Eastern conference to have to try and get past the grind of the western conference.

There is a reason he has stayed in the East. Much easier road to the finals.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does everyone keep saying he needs help?
Did they not just make it back to the finals again?
You don't do that if you don't have help.

Having enough help to get out of the East and having enough help to beat the Warriors or Rockets are 2 very different things right now.

Additionally, with the experience the Sixers got this year and if the Celtics have a healthy Hayward and Kyrie next year...which of those teams is the current Cavs roster beating? Even with Lebron?

With their current roster, they may not even be good enough to beat the Pacers next year.

And, again, he's not leaving the Eastern conference to have to try and get past the grind of the western conference.

Where in the East is he going? People talk about him going to the Sixers, but no one seems to really believe it.

There is a reason he has stayed in the East. Much easier road to the finals.

Maybe. But I think he stayed in the East because he wanted to win a title for Cleveland...which he's done.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Paul George signs with the Thunder are the Lakers fucked this offseason?

Sounds like Kawhi isnt going anywhere to be honest as well.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having enough help to get out of the East and having enough help to beat the Warriors or Rockets are 2 very different things right now.

Additionally, with the experience the Sixers got this year and if the Celtics have a healthy Hayward and Kyrie next year...which of those teams is the current Cavs roster beating? Even with Lebron?

With their current roster, they may not even be good enough to beat the Pacers next year.

Where in the East is he going? People talk about him going to the Sixers, but no one seems to really believe it.

Maybe. But I think he stayed in the East because he wanted to win a title for Cleveland...which he's done.
if George doesnt go to LA i think the LeBron stuff can pretty much stop.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if George doesnt go to LA i think the LeBron stuff can pretty much stop.

Is this supposed to be news?

Pretty sure that everyone knows that Lebron isn't coming to the Lakers by himself.

I know I've posted that quite a few times.

Heck, even getting PG may not be enough if another team makes a move that Lebron thinks will give him a better shot.

It's why the Lakers aren't putting all of their eggs in that one basket and have plans for if they only get one or even zero max guys this off-season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this supposed to be news?

Pretty sure that everyone knows that Lebron isn't coming to the Lakers by himself.

I know I've posted that quite a few times.

Heck, even getting PG may not be enough if another team makes a move that Lebron thinks will give him a better shot.

It's why the Lakers aren't putting all of their eggs in that one basket and have plans for if they only get one or even zero max guys this off-season.
I am just saying from everything that i have seen it appeared to me the LAkers were the clear cut favorites for George.

If he signs in OKC that kind of screws the Lakers this offseason- especially since it sounds Kawhi isnt likely to be traded either.

we shall see though.

signing up Cousins and waiting for Klay might not be the worst thing to try and do.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just saying from everything that i have seen it appeared to me the LAkers were the clear cut favorites for George.

If he signs in OKC that kind of screws the Lakers this offseason- especially since it sounds Kawhi isnt likely to be traded either.

we shall see though.

signing up Cousins and waiting for Klay might not be the worst thing to try and do.

Again...not news. And not anything that hasn't already been discussed.

Everyone knows and acknowledges that anything can and very well may happen in the off-season.

The Lakers remain the favorites to get PG. I don't think Westbrook did much to convince him to stay, but if they sit down and Westbrook convinces PG that they can better next season...he may stay.

Pretty much everyone has said they expect Kawhi and the Spurs to work things out. So no shocker there.

And again, we all know that Lebron isn't coming to the Lakers by himself.

PG staying in OKC doesn't screw the Lakers at all. As I posted before, they have several plans based on what may or may not happen.

If they get both Lebron and PG. Or manage to pull off the ultimate and get Lebron, PG and Kawhi...great their plans worked out perfectly and everyone can talk about how the league rigged things to get the Lakers back on top.

If they only get one max guy. Good, they maintain cap space, probably make the playoffs and go into the following off-season with even more to offer another max guy.

If they don't get anyone, then they do exactly what Magic said...don't spend money, just to spend money...sign some guys to deals like they did Lopez and KCP, then try again next off-season with a young core that hopefully has continued to develop and made themselves even more attractive to top FA's.

End of the day, as long as they don't make any panic moves, the Lakers will be just fine.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what happens, I think we've finally gotten to a point to where it's not free agency or bust anymore with the development of our younger guys

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what happens, I think we've finally gotten to a point to where it's not free agency or bust anymore with the development of our younger guys

Then Lakers should have kept Nance & Clarkson ... and then resign Randle.

But that doesn't look like what they are doing. (or they are changing their mind on the fly -- which is not a great thing) If they offer Randle a large contract as early as they can (without waiting to see what happens with other free agents) -- that will prove it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then Lakers should have kept Nance & Clarkson ... and then resign Randle.

But that doesn't look like what they are doing. (or they are changing their mind on the fly -- which is not a great thing) If they offer Randle a large contract as early as they can (without waiting to see what happens with other free agents) -- that will prove it.

Just because it's no longer FA or bust, doesn't mean that getting max guys isn't still the plan. It's means they have choices.

In short, it's not the end of the world if they don't get the guys they want.

The Lakers plan since Magic and Pelinka arrived has been to have the cap space to land 2 max guys. That has not changed.

However, the Lakers only have so much control over how many, if any, FA's they get. So, they have plans to deal with whatever happens. Including saving all or some of their cap space for next season if that's how things play out.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think lonzo and and bron are a bad fit both on the court- and off the court--- if they could get a good vet for him that would match lebrons style they would HAVE to do it.

Really?!? You're all over the place.

You said earlier that Lebron and Lonzo are a bad fit because Lebron isn't going to play off ball.

Then, more recently, you said Lebron might be willing to play off ball. That would have him fitting in quite well with Lonzo. Especially since Lonzo is a true pass first point guard.

Now, they don't fit on the court again.