• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the Lakers prob. will get at least 1 max guy in free agency- but if they totally strike out yet again with Magic and Pelinka in charge they will be rather embarrassed i would imagine. It would be quite the rebuke of Magic if you ask me.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the Lakers prob. will get at least 1 max guy in free agency- but if they totally strike out yet again with Magic and Pelinka in charge they will be rather embarrassed i would imagine. It would be quite the rebuke of Magic if you ask me.
Listen, I hate the Lakers.

I wish them and their fans nothing but sorrow.

But, I disagree.

It's not about getting max guys.

It's about getting the RIGHT max guys.

They've been there, done that with giving long-term deals at high dollars to the undeserving and are still paying the price for those decisions.

So, if they don't get LeBron, George or Kawhi, they should give out one year placeholder KCP, Redick deals and roll the money over to next year.

Unless you think Avery Bradley, Kanter, Deandre Jordan and Favors at max money is getting them to the WCF?

Ps. Please don't make me defend the Fucking Lakers anymore.

I beg of you.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly feel like the Lakers would be best suited going after a guy like Demarcus Cousins. He'd have a huge legacy to live up to as a big man in LA, but his skill set would be very complimentary to the young pieces the team has. He can run the floor, he shoots well and he rebounds and defends at an underrated level.

Having Magic there to help reign him in and also have a very relatable young coach in Walton could do wonders for him for his on court consistency and demeanor.

If they could possibly find a way to land Paul George too, that would be quite the haul. I think they don't even necessarily need Paul, but maybe a decent 2 guard to help defend. Avery Bradley would fit well. Could possibly resign IT to a 1 and 1 contract to let him build his value back up and let him be the spark plug off the bench scorer.

Lots of options with the Lakers, but if I'm them, my priority starts with Cousins.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly feel like the Lakers would be best suited going after a guy like Demarcus Cousins. He'd have a huge legacy to live up to as a big man in LA, but his skill set would be very complimentary to the young pieces the team has. He can run the floor, he shoots well and he rebounds and defends at an underrated level.

Having Magic there to help reign him in and also have a very relatable young coach in Walton could do wonders for him for his on court consistency and demeanor.

If they could possibly find a way to land Paul George too, that would be quite the haul. I think they don't even necessarily need Paul, but maybe a decent 2 guard to help defend. Avery Bradley would fit well. Could possibly resign IT to a 1 and 1 contract to let him build his value back up and let him be the spark plug off the bench scorer.

Lots of options with the Lakers, but if I'm them, my priority starts with Cousins.
Before the injury, 100%.

If he can be 90 % of what he was, 100%.

If he isn't ready to go by the start of the year?

Yikes

I think they should try to trade for Kemba.

Kemba and Lonzo would be a nice ying and yang.

But, I like Bradley on a reasonable deal there too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, I hate the Lakers.

I wish them and their fans nothing but sorrow.

But, I disagree.

It's not about getting max guys.

It's about getting the RIGHT max guys.

They've been there, done that with giving long-term deals at high dollars to the undeserving and are still paying the price for those decisions.

So, if they don't get LeBron, George or Kawhi, they should give out one year placeholder KCP, Redick deals and roll the money over to next year.

Unless you think Avery Bradley, Kanter, Deandre Jordan and Favors at max money is getting them to the WCF?

Ps. Please don't make me defend the Fucking Lakers anymore.

I beg of you.
i totally agree with you that they should be patient and get the right max guys....but if the "right guys" reject them once again even though they will be able to have max cap space for 2 guys- and supposedly- if you ask a Lakers fan- have a ton of great young talent- and that Jeanie and Magic are now in charge, what does that say?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cousins and George together would be a great combo for them

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i totally agree with you that they should be patient and get the right max guys....but if the "right guys" reject them once again even though they will be able to have max cap space for 2 guys- and supposedly- if you ask a Lakers fan- have a ton of great young talent- and that Jeanie and Magic are now in charge, what does that say?
Oh, I get what you mean.

If they get rejected.

Magic isn't enough.

Young talent isn't enough.

Stars want to play with other Stars.

The Lakers have a chance to land a solo George or Cousins.

But, they have no shot at a solo LeBron.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can Lavar and Cousins co-exist? It seems like a disaster lol.

I mean LA is about championships can Cousins help win a ship?...that is the question. Say they get PG and Cousins too. You have an athletic big and a 2 way wing player, perfect fit but where is the true leadership? If PG can become a true leader then this could work but in the big picture I don’t see it imo. But you have young players that develop and we never know. Still would be a hell of a lot better than not signing anyone.
Overall, you have to start from somewhere. That is a good core:

Lonzo
Ingram
PG
Cousins
Kuzma

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Lavar and Cousins co-exist? It seems like a disaster lol.

I mean LA is about championships can Cousins help win a ship?...that is the question. Say they get PG and Cousins too. You have an athletic big and a 2 way wing player, perfect fit but where is the true leadership? If PG can become a true leader then this could work but in the big picture I don’t see it imo. But you have young players that develop and we never know. Still would be a hell of a lot better than not signing anyone.
Overall, you have to start from somewhere. That is a good core:

Lonzo
Ingram
PG
Cousins
Kuzma

You can bring in some vets who can help stabilize a locker room. As for on court, you'll definitely need someone to step up, but it helps immensely having a guy like Walton on your bench and Magic in the front office there all the time to be in these guys ears.

I think the lineup you just said would be a great core going forward. They'll need a few other pieces and definitely have to hope Ingram and Lonzo fill out to their potential, but it would be a dynamic team. On top of that their skill sets would be exactly suited to a Walton lead offense.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
amazing how much influence some folks think LaVar has on the Lakers front office...

I don't think he has an influence at all on the front office. The players, that's another story. If you're playing with a guy and his dad is taking shots at your game, that's tough to ignore. It's one thing a random stranger on the internet. It's another thing to have your teammates family, who has a large media platform who will give him attention, saying it.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ChiefsLakers67

I'm actually kind of shocked that the Warriors are reportedly bringing in LiAngelo for a workout. Not because of his talent level, but basically because his dad was talking shit about Steph forever. Can't see this group of players putting up with that shit.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ChiefsLakers67

I'm actually kind of shocked that the Warriors are reportedly bringing in LiAngelo for a workout. Not because of his talent level, but basically because his dad was talking shit about Steph forever. Can't see this group of players putting up with that shit.

lol, um...quite possible I may have underestimated...?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ChiefsLakers67

I'm fairly certain Lavar's been banned from Staples for a while. He can't even watch his own son play ball at home. Everyone in the NBA pretty much ignores Lavar. He complains about the drills Lonzo runs but not even his son is going to pay attention to him. I doubt the Warriors would decline a player that could potentially help them just for that.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fairly certain Lavar's been banned from Staples for a while. He can't even watch his own son play ball at home. Everyone in the NBA pretty much ignores Lavar. He complains about the drills Lonzo runs but not even his son is going to pay attention to him. I doubt the Warriors would decline a player that could potentially help them just for that.

For top tier talent? Maybe not. But for a fringe NBA player, absolutely. They're a championship caliber team. There's no reason to bring on unnecessary drama or distraction. He would have to really, really impress the team and on top of that the team would need to feel it's a risk worth taking. There's a lot that would need to go right just to get over the Lavar situation. Lonzo is different being a #2 pick. LiAngelo wasn't even starting for UCLA at the time he got kicked off the team.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For top tier talent? Maybe not. But for a fringe NBA player, absolutely. They're a championship caliber team. There's no reason to bring on unnecessary drama or distraction. He would have to really, really impress the team and on top of that the team would need to feel it's a risk worth taking. There's a lot that would need to go right just to get over the Lavar situation. Lonzo is different being a #2 pick. LiAngelo wasn't even starting for UCLA at the time he got kicked off the team.

I don't think they lose anything by just working him out. I could be wrong though if they lose out on working out other prospects ahead of him. If they lose nothing then why not?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they lose anything by just working him out. I could be wrong though if they lose out on working out other prospects ahead of him. If they lose nothing then why not?

Yeah I didn't say anything about working him out. I said about bringing him on the team a lot would have to go right. They obviously don't lose anything by letting a player work out for them.