• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the Lakers prob. will get at least 1 max guy in free agency- but if they totally strike out yet again with Magic and Pelinka in charge they will be rather embarrassed i would imagine. It would be quite the rebuke of Magic if you ask me.

Are you really this stupid?

This is your last warning about your repetitive bullshit.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if they don't get LeBron, George or Kawhi, they should give out one year placeholder KCP, Redick deals and roll the money over to next year.

Which is exactly the plan if they don't land anyone. Magic has already said as much.

Wiggy already knows this as he has posted this same shit at least 10 times.

He's beginning to circle the drain again.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly feel like the Lakers would be best suited going after a guy like Demarcus Cousins. He'd have a huge legacy to live up to as a big man in LA, but his skill set would be very complimentary to the young pieces the team has. He can run the floor, he shoots well and he rebounds and defends at an underrated level.

Having Magic there to help reign him in and also have a very relatable young coach in Walton could do wonders for him for his on court consistency and demeanor.

If they could possibly find a way to land Paul George too, that would be quite the haul. I think they don't even necessarily need Paul, but maybe a decent 2 guard to help defend. Avery Bradley would fit well. Could possibly resign IT to a 1 and 1 contract to let him build his value back up and let him be the spark plug off the bench scorer.

Lots of options with the Lakers, but if I'm them, my priority starts with Cousins.

I'd almost agree. But that Achilles?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the Lakers prob. will get at least 1 max guy in free agency- but if they totally strike out yet again with Magic and Pelinka in charge they will be rather embarrassed i would imagine. It would be quite the rebuke of Magic if you ask me.
Magic has already stated that the Lakers do not necessarily need to sign anyone this year and could wait one more year. In short he is not going to be signing players just to be signing.

Now that being said - If given the choice of signing either Paul George or Julius Randle - I would sign Julius Randle as a priority. He is becoming a vital player, he has developed chemistry and is great defender. The second part of that question is if the Lakers sign Paul George - what do they do about the shooting guard position where they are really short handed. Personally - I think they could move either George or Kuzma into that position so that you would have the starting line up

Lonzo Ball - PG
Kyle Kuzma - SG
Brandon Ingram - F
Paul George - F
Julius Randle - C

Julius is a bit short in my opinion for a center, but he has played with success the position enough to handle it.
This team would get better - I think it's the matter of time until this line up becomes a similar Curry and Thompson

The only question remains is if they will be Better, Just as good or Not as good and only time will make that determination.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really this stupid?

This is your last warning about your repetitive bullshit.
I was just wondering to myself - if I was getting senile because It seemed like I head that shit several times ago. Thank you for letting me know I'm only half crazy :lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fairly certain Lavar's been banned from Staples for a while. He can't even watch his own son play ball at home. Everyone in the NBA pretty much ignores Lavar. He complains about the drills Lonzo runs but not even his son is going to pay attention to him. I doubt the Warriors would decline a player that could potentially help them just for that.

Exactly. Seems like the only ones paying attention to Lavar anymore are the media and people on message boards.

Can't remember the last time I saw anyone from the NBA respond.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly feel like the Lakers would be best suited going after a guy like Demarcus Cousins. He'd have a huge legacy to live up to as a big man in LA, but his skill set would be very complimentary to the young pieces the team has. He can run the floor, he shoots well and he rebounds and defends at an underrated level.

Having Magic there to help reign him in and also have a very relatable young coach in Walton could do wonders for him for his on court consistency and demeanor.

If they could possibly find a way to land Paul George too, that would be quite the haul. I think they don't even necessarily need Paul, but maybe a decent 2 guard to help defend. Avery Bradley would fit well. Could possibly resign IT to a 1 and 1 contract to let him build his value back up and let him be the spark plug off the bench scorer.

Lots of options with the Lakers, but if I'm them, my priority starts with Cousins.
The only thing is that It doesn't seem like to me that the NBA is a center orientated game any more - It's a lot pick and roles, the plays they coaches used to set up have been dumbed down and they don't go inside and kick it out as much. The downside to me is that players like Cousins don't have a long shelf life and their knees don't last as long - I would love to have big strong 7 center - but I have my doubts as to how effective Cousins with an injury can become. If the Lakers could get him as a bargain later in the summer - yes, but he wouldn't be my first choice coming out of the starting gate

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like they think he's showing up to the facilities everyday and they're running stuff by him. lol
To my knowledge the thief that just played for the Lakers - LiAngelo - I think - is not even in the draft - Most likely the Lakers would sign him to a G league and sees what he can become - and if LaVar continues to open his mouth - then they would just tell him to stick it up his ass

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For top tier talent? Maybe not. But for a fringe NBA player, absolutely. They're a championship caliber team. There's no reason to bring on unnecessary drama or distraction. He would have to really, really impress the team and on top of that the team would need to feel it's a risk worth taking. There's a lot that would need to go right just to get over the Lavar situation. Lonzo is different being a #2 pick. LiAngelo wasn't even starting for UCLA at the time he got kicked off the team.

Meh, it's due diligence. The guy has a brother who was good enough to get into the NBA, he has another brother who looks like he could be one day.

Give him a workout and see if it looks like he can be developed into something. Doesn't cost the team anything and they are likely looking at others at the same time anyway.

He's not the first guy to get a work out because he had a brother in the league. Won't be the last.

He just has the loudest "Pageant Mom". lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely the Lakers would sign him to a G league and sees what he can become

I don't see him even getting a G-League offer from anyone. Even without his Dad's idiocy, he's just not an NBA caliber player.

On Cowherd this morning, he was interviewing Seth Greenberg and he said the kid just isn't NBA material. He said that he wouldn't even have recruited him when he coached at Long Beach St.

Apparently the Lakers comment about his work out was..."He tried hard."

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see him even getting a G-League offer from anyone. Even without his Dad's idiocy, he's just not an NBA caliber player.

On Cowherd this morning, he was interviewing Seth Greenberg and he said the kid just isn't NBA material. He said that he wouldn't even have recruited him when he coached at Long Beach St.

Apparently the Lakers comment about his work out was..."He tried hard."

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.
Los Angeles Times raked Johnson over the coals for giving him anything - they basically accused Magic and Pelinka of kissing LaVar's ass

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles Times raked Johnson over the coals for giving him anything - they basically accused Magic and Pelinka of kissing LaVar's ass

They might have had a point if there weren't 4 other teams giving him a workout. Lots of players brothers have gotten workouts. It's not like this is new. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one of the two things that bothers me. The second part is how effective is a center orientated team any more.

Boogie is a "modern center". He's not an old school "back to the basket" type center. He has range to the 3 point line.

His problem has never been an ability to fit into today's game. It's been his attitude and now his Achilles.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boogie is a "modern center". He's not an old school "back to the basket" type center. He has range to the 3 point line.

His problem has never been an ability to fit into today's game. It's been his attitude and now his Achilles.
His head problems was my third concern - Just forgot to mention it:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might have had a point if there weren't 4 other teams giving him a workout. Lots of players brothers have gotten workouts. It's not like this is new. lol
Those writers on LA Times have never been good writers - in my opinion.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, I hate the Lakers.

I wish them and their fans nothing but sorrow.

But, I disagree.

It's not about getting max guys.

It's about getting the RIGHT max guys.

They've been there, done that with giving long-term deals at high dollars to the undeserving and are still paying the price for those decisions.

So, if they don't get LeBron, George or Kawhi, they should give out one year placeholder KCP, Redick deals and roll the money over to next year.

Unless you think Avery Bradley, Kanter, Deandre Jordan and Favors at max money is getting them to the WCF?

Ps. Please don't make me defend the Fucking Lakers anymore.

I beg of you.

You're so fucking sexy.