• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Waiting for basketball season...

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really mad with Sendek we could possibly get Zylan and the really good center instead we have one scholarship left why do we need so many guards damm.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Damn... Chatman is committing to Michigan instead now. Lied to Stoudamire's face apparently and used AZ for a visit. Oh well. As long as we land Stanley and Justice I'm good.

I wasnt' going to say this before but I think we can do better than Chatman.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt' going to say this before but I think we can do better than Chatman.

Only reason I liked him was because he was going to be a 4 year guy most likely and we kinda need some more of those types of guys mixed in with the 1 and dones and 2 and dones.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took Kemba 3 years to develop Jahii can put up those numbers Jahii has always had higher fg % and assists. Sqods Up!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait to see what York's role will be this season. He was my fave bench player by far last season.

#Yorkcity

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller said in his most recent press conference that he is planning on only going about 8 deep this year. If we exclude the givens (TJ, NJ, AG, RHJ, BA, and Zeus), it leaves room for two more. I think that either Peters or Korchek (probably Peters?) will be one. That leaves a dog fight between Mayes and York in my opinion. Mayes might have the edge because of his ability to play both PG and SG, but we'll see. I want to see York so badly. His ability to knock down the 3 might put him ahead, and it would allow NJ to slide over and cover minutes at PG. That's a ton of minutes for NJ though. I think it depends a lot on how Mayes does coming in. If he comes out flat like he did last year, it won't bode well for him. I just don't think that there are a ton of back court minutes to go around. I have to believe that TJ gets 30-32 mpg at point. If Mayes sucks, and NJ picks up those last 8-10, then maybe he only gets about 22-25 at SG, which would open a good 15 mpg up for York. If Mayes does well, then he might take the 8-10 mpg at PG when TJ isn't in, allowing NJ to go 30 mpg at SG, and Mayes takes the other 10 mpg at SG. Mayes has the ability to play PG going for him, but if York can drain the 3 ball well, it will force him into the lineup. Defense is always another consideration, but I think the two are pretty equal at mediocre. Plus, with TJ, NJ, and RHJ all being such lockdown defenders, it might not matter as much as it did last year. York needs to make his money beyond the arc to get his minutes. If not, Mayes will take them due to him having more versatility. Miller might have the two each take 10mpg to start the season (Mayes at PG, and York at SG), and let it work itself out as to which one separates himself from the other in terms of ability to bring their strength to the rotation (Mayes at PG and York past the arc). That's the way I see it.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think York is in Miller's rotation. He has earned it above Korcheck and Peters. I think Korcheck has the upper hand on Peters considering Peters still has 4 years of eligibility left. Miller has already mentioned that perimeter shooting as possibly the weakest point of this team. Its crazy we are talking about which 6'10'' player should be in the rotation but Miller created this with his god like recruiting. I know transfers is not considered recruiting but same thing. York is in the rotation and if hes not a transfer is on the horizon. York is electric. He has range and hops and would be starting on just about every team in our conference. York could be our X factor.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is a Uofa board. But I wonder how Calaen will play the kid is a natural scorer and is so quick.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 man rotation will mean there's a battle between Mayes-York-Korcheck and Peters. Two spots for those four. I think Mayes and Peters will take them unfortunately. York will fill in for NJ whenever he needs a breather but won't play much more than that. Sucks because I like York quite a bit.