• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Open the Season by Hosting the Cubs for Three Games March 28-31

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gave this one away. Now J Smith to PH. lol

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First series

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some bat AB's today. Jung looks pretty bad at times, for as good of a hitter as he could be

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After only two games, Seager and Heim should have been in the game unless they were injured which I doubt.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After only two games, Seager and Heim should have been in the game unless they were injured which I doubt.
They said Seager wasn't because of how hard he worked the last couple of weeks in his attempt to be ready for the regular season. I don't imagine we will see Hem in very many day games following a night game for him.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said Seager wasn't because of how hard he worked the last couple of weeks in his attempt to be ready for the regular season. I don't imagine we will see Hem in very many day games following a night game for him.
I figured that was the reason. Besides 5 runs should win a game. Gray stunk it up and I am not sure I will ever have faith in Leclerc. Like I said a few weeks ago I was so glad that the game 5 score did not remain 1-0 in the 9th.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured that was the reason. Besides 5 runs should win a game. Gray stunk it up and I am not sure I will ever have faith in Leclerc. Like I said a few weeks ago I was so glad that the game 5 score did not remain 1-0 in the 9th.

I always felt the Rangers were extremely fortunate to win a WS last year with their bullpen options. In other words they got extremely lucky that Leclerc was able to have some semblance of control and the pressure didn't get to him because Chapman and Will Smith were not going to get it done either.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think LeClerc really desires to be a closer
But do think he is just a little rusty

Latz will probably be sent down once Lorenzon comes up. We do need LHP help. Maybe Kelly
Hate to have Bradford be the long guy.
He looks very smart on the mound

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wins series and we will be ok

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard people refer to guys as long relievers. Over the past three years it has been guys like Burke, Ragans, Bradford and now Urena. I guess that definition has changed drastically. Now it means a guy being able to go about 2 innings. Urena could have pitched 5 innings today. Why not let him do that?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard people refer to guys as long relievers. Over the past three years it has been guys like Burke, Ragans, Bradford and now Urena. I guess that definition has changed drastically. Now it means a guy being able to go about 2 innings. Urena could have pitched 5 innings today. Why not let him do that?
For quite sometime now managers have gotten into this rut that if you have a guy who normally pitches in the 7th or 8th and they are on fire they are still going to put in a specified closer. It did not used to be that way. If you were untouchable you stayed in. My dad who passed away 12 years ago and was drafted by the Cleveland Indians would go berserk when a manager would do that and his team would lose. It is like there is no feel to the game at times and we are going to be mechanical and do it this new way no matter what.
I mean if you are not stuck in a rut you take Leclerc out as soon as you see he has no control of his pitches. Put someone in that you think is one of your best relief pitchers to stop what is happening. But no, we leave the guy out there until it is too late. This is not just on Bochy. This is baseball managing in general nowadays.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For quite sometime now managers have gotten into this rut that if you have a guy who normally pitches in the 7th or 8th and they are on fire they are still going to put in a specified closer. It did not used to be that way. If you were untouchable you stayed in. My dad who passed away 12 years ago and was drafted by the Cleveland Indians would go berserk when a manager would do that and his team would lose. It is like there is no feel to the game at times and we are going to be mechanical and do it this new way no matter what.
I mean if you are not stuck in a rut you take Leclerc out as soon as you see he has no control of his pitches. Put someone in that you think is one of your best relief pitchers to stop what is happening. But no, we leave the guy out there until it is too late. This is not just on Bochy. This is baseball managing in general nowadays.
I think I first noticed that with Wash. I used to tell my wife, he is going to keep going through enough relievers until he finds one who hasn't got it tonight.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1