• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vea vs Payne

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If both are available which one would you take and why? Does the fact that Payne played with Allen & Anderson have any factor in the Redskins decision come draft day?

My opinion you take best player and I feel Vea is the next best NT and him and Allen would make for 1 nasty defensive front for years to come.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If both are available which one would you take and why? Does the fact that Payne played with Allen & Anderson have any factor in the Redskins decision come draft day?

My opinion you take best player and I feel Vea is the next best NT and him and Allen would make for 1 nasty defensive front for years to come.

Im kinda leaning towards Payne. Yes the fact that he has played with Allen and Anderson does factor in. But I also think he is a bit more of a pass rusher then Vea and while we need a NT, I think the fact that we spend alot of time in sub packages makes him a tad bit more valuable.

But I wont be pissed if we take either of them, although I keep getting this nagging feeling both of them will be there and we will draft Ridley.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im kinda leaning towards Payne. Yes the fact that he has played with Allen and Anderson does factor in. But I also think he is a bit more of a pass rusher then Vea and while we need a NT, I think the fact that we spend alot of time in sub packages makes him a tad bit more valuable.

But I wont be pissed if we take either of them, although I keep getting this nagging feeling both of them will be there and we will draft Ridley.

Wrong Bama player to take and does sound like a Redskin move :L

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t think there is any possible way they take Ridley. RB is the only offensive position in play there (assuming the G is gone). jMHo

I like both of these guys and I understand why you like Payne because of his pass rushing potential Shark, but I like Vea over him. The guy is absolutely huge, moves very well for his size, and would command a double team nearly every play he is in. We need help in the running game more so than someone who can get to the QB. I think Vea is big and strong enough that he could get some push and adequate penetration/pressure.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A month ago I was Payne 90/10. A week ago I was Payne 70/30. Today I am Payne 55/45. Vea looks like his ceiling is higher but his bust potential may be a little higher too. I think Payne fits better on 3rd down with him and Allen on the inside flanked by Kerrigan and Smith.

However, I'm a big fan of Cooley when it comes to evaluations and he likes Vea more. Vea seems like he could just blow up the line and Cooley said the reason we ran through MLBs like toilet paper was because they were taking on too many lineman at the point of attack. I think Vea would certainly make Brown and Foster's life easier.

I'm good either way.

If we stay at 13 and come away with either Fitz, Payne, Vea, or Smith, I'm a happy man.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A month ago I was Payne 90/10. A week ago I was Payne 70/30. Today I am Payne 55/45. Vea looks like his ceiling is higher but his bust potential may be a little higher too. I think Payne fits better on 3rd down with him and Allen on the inside flanked by Kerrigan and Smith.

However, I'm a big fan of Cooley when it comes to evaluations and he likes Vea more. Vea seems like he could just blow up the line and Cooley said the reason we ran through MLBs like toilet paper was because they were taking on too many lineman at the point of attack. I think Vea would certainly make Brown and Foster's life easier.

I'm good either way.

If we stay at 13 and come away with either Fitz, Payne, Vea, or Smith, I'm a happy man.

:agree: On the draft either of those picks would benefit our D a lot.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think you lose with either guy . I would take vea because I like big but really either guy helps this team

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think vea does what Dave butz did , shuts down the run up the middle , crushes draw plays and screens . We get that and we win

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think you lose with either guy . I would take vea because I like big but really either guy helps this team

So instead the Redskins will take a TE or some other position we shake our head at

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vea, will command double teams as teams attempt to establish the run, that will free up someone else to make plays. I like this pick if it happens because we really haven't offered this type of middle strength since Dave Butz. If we get him, we'll also have to ask Kerrigan to do something that he's been pretty weak doing in the last few seasons and that's to become more disciplined against the run.

With Vea, this becomes our weak spot.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VEA WILL NOT MAKE IT PASS THE RAIDERS PAYNE STOCK IS FAILING AVG MOCK 17-20 GUICE WILL Be THE PICK.. BUT I WOULD TAKE PAYNE OVER VEA

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope it's going to be Guice D.G in D.C

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best combo I changed my position
1.Rb Guice
2. Og.Will Hernandez
If you want 2 legit starters with your first to picks this combo is great

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is Allen is still basically a rookie and having 2 First rookies on The Dline is over kill

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vea is a Nose Tackle that is going to come in right away and do alright but he is already maxed out (see: Age)

Payne is more of a 4-3 DT that can play Nose tackle and is still pretty young.

I feel like you'll get the best from Payne on his 2nd contract and Vea on his first.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is Allen is still basically a rookie and having 2 First rookies on The Dline is over kill

Did Bruce tell you to pull a piece of paper from one of his body cavities, read it, and use that as your main talking point for why he's gonna fuck off the Skins 1st pk in the draft and go with a RB?

Cuz that's a ridiculous rationale you're using that makes little sense.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vea is a Nose Tackle that is going to come in right away and do alright but he is already maxed out (see: Age)

Payne is more of a 4-3 DT that can play Nose tackle and is still pretty young.

I feel like you'll get the best from Payne on his 2nd contract and Vea on his first.

Ehh. Disagree. I’m not sure any player that just turned 23 is maxed out. Approximately 2 years difference in age might not make too much of a difference either when you could also argue that Vea is more ready to contribute now vs Payne who may take a year or two to get to his full potential.

I don’t know, would be happy with either of them. Both guys bring something different to the table. NTs traditional are more for eating up blocks and stuffing the run game, not rushing the QB. That’s what we need and where this team has struggled badly over the last several years. You are going to have at least one other guy on the roster to play that position, so assuming Vea can’t get it done, you stick another guy in there on 3rd and long. Just my 2 cents.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My God there nothing wrong with guice AT 13 watch his tape and some experts say he is the steal of the draft and watch b.j hill tape he can be had in 2nd round