• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vea vs Payne

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Payne over Vea guy I have had to ask myself what Vea would look like surrouned by the talent Payne has had around him.

If Payne were at Washington would he have had the same impact?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Payne over Vea guy I have had to ask myself what Vea would look like surrouned by the talent Payne has had around him.

If Payne were at Washington would he have had the same impact?

Good point. I would be shocked if Payne got drafted over Vea. Vea looks like to have more upside. I think Vea slips to us at #13.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. I would be shocked if Payne got drafted over Vea. Vea looks like to have more upside. I think Vea slips to us at #13.
If Vea is available at #13 the Skins should draft him.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Thursday should be fun.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope we get Vea. Or someone else at #13 in the trenches on either side of the ball.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If both are available which one would you take and why? Does the fact that Payne played with Allen & Anderson have any factor in the Redskins decision come draft day?

My opinion you take best player and I feel Vea is the next best NT and him and Allen would make for 1 nasty defensive front for years to come.
If Vea is still OTB at 13 I wouldn't pass on Vea. I like Payne but also keep in mind Hurst may be a complete steal at DT. He was ranked early 1st rd. But has slipped since being sent home from the combine with a potential heart risk. If its not a serious problem he's a top tier DT. Some scouts still have him up there with Vea and Payne. If Vea is gone and washington isn't sure on Payne. They could very well fill another need and get a steal at DT. Top 4 is most likely Vea,Payne, Bryan with Hurst as high potential steal.I'm seeing Harrison Phillips out of Stanford jumping up a lot of boards too tho. DT is actually pretty deep this year if your target isn't there in the 1st

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would draft both , we need 2

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hurst if he is cleared by the doctor.
It’s jard to tell. All they really released was that he was sent home from the combine with a potential heart condition. Hurst says he’s fine that he had the same condition while playing for UM. One of the quicker DTs I’ve seen off the line of scrimmage. Very disruptive with a nose for the ball. If his stick drops because of the medical concern. Could be a steal imo.

Roquan Smith is going through the same thing at LB. some scouts have him dropping. Because he was sent home from the combine. With an undisclosed knee injury. Both are high ceiling impact players worth the risk imo

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s jard to tell. All they really released was that he was sent home from the combine with a potential heart condition. Hurst says he’s fine that he had the same condition while playing for UM. One of the quicker DTs I’ve seen off the line of scrimmage. Very disruptive with a nose for the ball. If his stick drops because of the medical concern. Could be a steal imo.

Roquan Smith is going through the same thing at LB. some scouts have him dropping. Because he was sent home from the combine. With an undisclosed knee injury. Both are high ceiling impact players worth the risk imo

Agree, he is very fast off the ball and has really good hands. So important for any lineman.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campbell's new mock as of today has Vea to the Skins @13 and Payne slipping all the way down to 22.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting view by Charlie Casserly - He views Vea as the better prospect because of pass-rushing ability. He likes Payne as a run stuffer but thinks he hasn't shown anything as a pass-rusher. Personally, I don't think there's any comparison - Vea is the better prospect
Campbell's new mock as of today has Vea to the Skins @13 and Payne slipping all the way down to 22.
It's not surprising because most are saying that Payne will not play on passing downs - he's shown nothing as a pass-rusher, and he's not a push the pile guy who's going to make it easier for teammates to . I think the real question is what to do if Vea is gone before 13 (which is probably about 50/50 at this point)? If the Skins really like Payne, they can probably safely trade down to 20ish and still get him.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, bottom line - both would help a LOT against the run but both have a big issue. For Payne, he's been ineffective against the pass - so he's strictly a run guy. For Vea, his conditioning is a potential major problem - perhaps forcing him to be just a part-time player. They both might be just part-time players. Disappointing.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, bottom line - both would help a LOT against the run but both have a big issue. For Payne, he's been ineffective against the pass - so he's strictly a run guy. For Vea, his conditioning is a potential major problem - perhaps forcing him to be just a part-time player. They both might be just part-time players. Disappointing.

For both I would say look at how they were asked to play in college before making a determination on either of them. I mean its not like we are trying to turn a running QB into a pocket passer here. :dhd:

We are asking two very talented D-line players to at worst be the run stopper in the middle that this team NEEDS. And at best, develop their game to actually push the pocket. Im fine if our Nose Tackle in the base defense gets very few sacks, as long as I dont have to constantly watch the other teams RB breaking off 7-70 yards a clip straight up the middle, while said NT is moon walking into the safety's chest.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm somewhere between 60 and 70% sure that we'll make a pick at 13. Either Payne or Vea is fine with me, just as long as we all agree that either is a pick strictly on need. If a trade down doesn't happen, I still believe that Bruce and Co. aren't thinking either of those guys but rather one of these guys:

Minkah Fitzpatrick
Derwin James
Ronnie Harrison