• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BPA vs PoN

BPA or PoN

• Best player Available

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Position of Need

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this question is not as easy as i will make it out to be on this thread... Draft day is coming, and i am wondering what philosophy most of us have about WHO to take....

this is just a general question... so i dont want to hear IT DEPENDS.... and i understand that Every team, every fan, has different standards to WHO THE BEST IS...

Other than QB and TE, Would you rather draft BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE (BPA) or the best player at a position of Need(PoN)??

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a BPA guy...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this question is not as easy as i will make it out to be on this thread... Draft day is coming, and i am wondering what philosophy most of us have about WHO to take....

this is just a general question... so i dont want to hear IT DEPENDS.... and i understand that Every team, every fan, has different standards to WHO THE BEST IS...

Other than QB and TE, Would you rather draft BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE (BPA) or the best player at a position of Need(PoN)??
You just changed your own rule. I'm a BPA guy but you need to be aware of position of need. You can only put so many guys on the field.
So to your original question in your poll absolutely BPA for me. But to your revised question...IT DEPENDS

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just changed your own rule. I'm a BPA guy but you need to be aware of position of need. You can only put so many guys on the field.
So to your original question in your poll absolutely BPA for me. But to your revised question...IT DEPENDS

how did i change my own rule?? question is the same... unless i am missing something...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BPA..

You're always going to need a position at some point.

Now I will say I value certain positions more than others. QB, OL/DL is far more valuable than let's say a safety, or ILB... but if there's none available and the BPA is a safety or ILB... you take that.

I get if you have Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor in their prime you don't need another safety, or Ray Lewis as your ILB fine.. MAYBE you look at the next BPA, but not a lot of teams are stacked like that... and, with a 17 game season, now we're starting to see more scenarios where even EDGE players shouldn't be taking 100% of the snaps (or anywhere close to it). So if you can rotate in guys, even better.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a rough guide: In the top 10 i'm taking the best player at a high value position - QB, WR, LT, DL, or CB. from 11 - 32 it's BvaluePA. 33 - 64 BPA. After 64 it's PoN. After 96 i'm willing to gamble on raw or troubled players with elite attributes.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how did i change my own rule?? question is the same... unless i am missing something...
You said not position of need, and then excepted two positions!

In reality I think teams usually draft who they consider the best player available (adjusted for positional value) - and if that guy really isn't one they need they trade the pick.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said not position of need, and then excepted two positions!

In reality I think teams usually draft who they consider the best player available (adjusted for positional value) - and if that guy really isn't one they need they trade the pick.
Yea... i guess words matter... my inent of the question never changed... but the words seemed to contradict...

The reason i wanted to exclude those 2 positions is that QB, you should always reach... especially in the first round... if we were doing BPA, all three QBs would not be the top 3 picks...

QBs either get reached or they drop... TE is the same, but at a much smaller scale... both positions dont represent a good BPA vs PoN situation...

so, in my mind i was always excluding them in the question...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's one or the other bc I think it is important to consider both and not lean heavily towards the other. The only time I say you lean heavily towards position of need is early in the draft and you don't have a QB.