• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Rumors

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense is the problem right now, with the guys we have on this team i dont see us having an offensive problem going into next year.

I don't knoe Las. I dont see alot of goals in this line up. I see several career years for Max, Read and Hartnell. You wont win many games getting on 1-2 goals. Schenn looks like a scorer and Simmomd looks like he is at least good for 25-30.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense is the problem right now, with the guys we have on this team i dont see us having an offensive problem going into next year.

i disagree. where does it get better?

giroux - already good
voracek - already good (perhaps even over-reaching himself)
briere - bought out
simmonds - i think he's right around his offensive max
hartnell - could revert back to last year
couturier - people are worried about him living up to potential / may be traded
bschenn - people should be worried about him living up to potential as he's actually had good linemates
read - was good before the injury

expecting someone outside of those guys to score a lot of goals (i.e. talbot's 20) is setting yourself up for failure.. on a team that struggles for goals this season, most of the buzz is around buying out briere, and trading couturier+ for defensive help. that doesn't make any sense to me.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't knoe Las. I dont see alot of goals in this line up. I see several career years for Max, Read and Hartnell. You wont win many games getting on 1-2 goals. Schenn looks like a scorer and Simmomd looks like he is at least good for 25-30.

Im not sayin that we will get the offensive output we had last year but Hartnell will certainly do better when healthy and Schenn will be a year older and Simmonds will have 30 30 and if we get rid of Coots and read for a stu dman our GAA will drop plus we would have Mcginn and Laughton and Cousins to replace the traded guys I think we would win game 4-2 or 3-1 instead of having score 5 goals per game

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i disagree. where does it get better?

giroux - already good
voracek - already good (perhaps even over-reaching himself)
briere - bought out
simmonds - i think he's right around his offensive max
hartnell - could revert back to last year
couturier - people are worried about him living up to potential / may be traded
bschenn - people should be worried about him living up to potential as he's actually had good linemates
read - was good before the injury

expecting someone outside of those guys to score a lot of goals (i.e. talbot's 20) is setting yourself up for failure.. on a team that struggles for goals this season, most of the buzz is around buying out briere, and trading couturier+ for defensive help. that doesn't make any sense to me.

Just getting rid of Bryz should make our offense and defense better plus a trade of Coots for a dman we certainly arent losing any offense there. I do have to admit i thought Talbot was going to get another 20 this years in which i was certainly set up for failure

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just getting rid of Bryz should make our offense and defense better plus a trade of Coots for a dman we certainly arent losing any offense there. I do have to admit i thought Talbot was going to get another 20 this years in which i was certainly set up for failure

haha, i dont think you're alone. unfortunately i think homer expected that too.

i'm actually far more concerned about the offense than i am the defense. IMO, if they're healthy and playing a system that doesn't expose their own weaknesses, the flyers have a top 10 d-corp in this league.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha, i dont think you're alone. unfortunately i think homer expected that too.

i'm actually far more concerned about the offense than i am the defense. IMO, if they're healthy and playing a system that doesn't expose their own weaknesses, the flyers have a top 10 d-corp in this league.

You guys know me by now and im sure everyone here feels the same i dont care how we win as long as we win. If we can win scoring 3 goals im good with that.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just like to point out that Gust has been playing very well in his extended play as of late

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys know me by now and im sure everyone here feels the same i dont care how we win as long as we win. If we can win scoring 3 goals im good with that.

100% agree.

just when you look at this team on paper, the defense is better than the offense IMO. and the stats this season show that, even with all the injuries. add in that goaltending is still questionable and it's even more evident.

not advocating going out and trying to get a top line forward, just that everyone needs to think twice about trading some forward 'depth' before you go after the shea weber's of the world. especially considering everyone wants briere bought out as it is (me included on that one).

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree.

just when you look at this team on paper, the defense is better than the offense IMO. and the stats this season show that, even with all the injuries. add in that goaltending is still questionable and it's even more evident.

not advocating going out and trying to get a top line forward, just that everyone needs to think twice about trading some forward 'depth' before you go after the shea weber's of the world. especially considering everyone wants briere bought out as it is (me included on that one).

What about Bobby Ryan that will make our ofense better

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW Goals

1. Jake Voracek 17

Atta Boy

1. Simmonds 12

Let Downs

1. Giroux 12
2.Scheen 7
3. Read 9
4. Fedotenko 4
5. Gagne 4
6.Talbot 5

Major Let Downs

1. Briere 4
2. Couterier 3
3. Hartnell 4
4. Defense Core 12

????

1. Knuble 4
2. Rinaldo 3
3. Wellwood 0
4. Hall 1
5. Rosehill 1
6. McGinn 3
7. Harry Z 0

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the numbers, I still think we need some offense. Kimmo will be 1 year older and needs to be replaced. Hopefully the kid from Union can step in (he is only a sophmore) and be that type of player. Meszaros and Grossman may never be healthy. If they can successfully pull Coburns head from his ass he could be a legitimate # 2 defenseman. On paper, this doesnt look too bad

Timonen/Coburn
Schenn/Grossman
Meszaros/Gustaffson/Huskins/Lauidsen

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you going to give up? He won't come cheap in terms of assets.

Bryz, Briere, Couturier, Hartnell, McGinn, Couburn. Take your pick. Anyone who is not named Giroux, Voracek or Schenn.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I should add. I think Couturier really came on strong at the end. If he can play a whole season like he has the last few games, he will be something special.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryz, Briere, Couturier, Hartnell, McGinn, Couburn. Take your pick. Anyone who is not named Giroux, Voracek or Schenn.

Why would a team like the Ducks who just locked up their two best forwards & Fasth while already paying Hiller 4M or so want Bryz, Brierre or Hartnell?

I could see Anaheim asking for Couturier, Gostisbere & the Flyers 1st round pick though.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would a team like the Ducks who just locked up their two best forwards & Fasth while already paying Hiller 4M or so want Bryz, Brierre or Hartnell?

I could see Anaheim asking for Couturier, Gostisbere & the Flyers 1st round pick though.

Never said they would want them, only that I would give them up. I would not include Gostibere as he is the closest thing we have to replacing Kimmo. Take any other dman in the orginazation.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coots Coburn and a number 2

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

we'll see, rangers didnt really give up shit for nash.

considering i think everyone would say the flyers would be the favorite when he becomes a free agent in 2014, i don't see why they would do something stupid.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers have resigned Rinaldo and Rosehill to 2 year deals

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
750k (ish) and 675k (ish) respectively.. can't be upset about either of those. definitely glad rinaldo resigned though.