• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TDL 2024 Thread

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured I'd start this one, TDL is on March 8 ending at 12pm PST I think, maybe 3pm PST. Not exactly sure but for us to discuss. I think it was Brian Burke who said GMs make the biggest mistakes at the TDL, pretty true since most deals don't really work out and franchises set themselves back moving futures and assets.

ESPN is updating this link as trades occur, this is a summary of the season deals but it'll obviously get flooded as we get closer and deals happen:

TA has an article predicting what all 32 teams will do, for the Kings they said they'll keep Matt Roy but then for the Preds predicted Saros will be traded to LA for two 1sts and two prospects.

This is where Bowlby scares me but good thing they are cash strapped - he will have to do some serious maneuvering to get really anything let alone Saros.

My point: it won't be easy for Blake...which based on what he's done to date isn't a bad thing at all.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buh bye Arvidsson

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saros is fine but is small, i would rather not give so much for him

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Saros last year. You would've gotten two seasons of him under a favorable contract and asking price wasn't insane. Now two prospects and two firsts seems like a steeper price, and you're only getting him for the rest of this season and then next. Plus Kings already moved a bunch of pieces in the PLD move that were more or less expendable. I didn't see Villardi moving, but Iafallo, Kupari, draft picks were definitely in play.

Anyway, I don't think the Kings are only a goaltender away from being a contender now.

I guess the question is regarding Arvidsson; is if he's coming back at all this season? Team looked a little more threatening with him in the lineup.

Not sure if read that right, but saw Eichel and Stone on IR for Vegas and they just keep chugging along. They might be getting someone big and then will likely have those two back for playoffs. Same move we've seen from Chicago with Kane, Tampa Bay with Kucherov, and then Vegas last year.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team looked better with Arvidsson in the line up. Much like The Legend though, that means nothing if you don't stay healthy. I don't think we will see him until late March, just a hunch, and I don't think he will be back next season no matter what.

Yup, Vegas doing Vegas things. I'm sure Mark Stone will be in full flight come the first week of April like Kucherov was a few years ago. This cap circumvention has gotten out of control, while it's within the rules it's not within the spirit of the game.

That needs to change but every year at the GM Meetings they shoot it down. I'd love to see the cap continue through the last game of the playoffs, I'd be very interested seeing what teams would do.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of talk about Kings going after titties as NJD might sell. I dont see that helping, sad when titties doesnt make it better

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanev to Stars in a 3 way with NJ and Calgary, Flames are retaining 50%. Tanev will be a GIII UFA this summer.

Stars loading up, they're my pick for the WC. They have unbelievable firepower and needed to shore up the defense, Oettinger is a legitimate goalie.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of updates:

2/29
Leafs get D Lyubushkin from Ducks
Ducks get 2025 3rd round pick (TO)
Canes get 2024 6th round pick (TO), 50% retention on Lyubushkin salary

Interesting, another 3 way. The Hawks basically invented trading cap space for picks in 2015 and we have another 3 way in a matter of days.

3/1
NJ gets our old buddy MacDermid, curious if he will be in the lineup today. He was supposedly en route to meet the Devils in CA yesterday.

He was very popular with his teammates when he was here, good, honest teammate. I liked him a lot and IMO he got a lot of flak fid no reason. He was never played outside his capabilities, what else did some people expect? The Kings could definitely use his toughness right about now plus his versatility, he started playing LW on occasion after he left LA.

Avs get 2024 7th round pick, rights to Zakhar Bardakov, a 2021 7th round pick who's a C and has been playing in the KHL. He's 25 already so I'm assuming a European on expiring rights and a throw in who may never make it to North America. Probably just clearing out the prospect pool.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't seem like NJ fans are thrilled about MacDermid coming over but circle 3/11 against the Rangers.

New Ranger tough guy Rempe head shotted Nathan Bastian and there was zero response. You guys seen this dude? He's 6'7", 241. He's a mammoth.

He's being challenged by the some heavyweights early in his career (7 total GP), he got beat up pretty bad against Olivier of the BJs, straight up beat down. Last night he got into it with Reaves of TO and it was a draw. This dude is so huge he made Reaves look small who is 6'2 227 himself. He literally dwarfed him but he may have learned from the ass kicking he got from Olivier and fought more conservatively and defensively against Reaves.

Anyway, just something to keep an eye on. MacDermid is 6'5" 233, I'm looking forward to that one - you know it'll be payback for that Bastian hit.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, see a lot of Rempe of late. You gotta have an answer if somebody rolls one of your guys

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canes gotta be in WTF mode, I heard they were in on a lot of big names but lost them all.... So instead , get a six round pick for salary retention for one of their biggest rivals for the post season.....that seems like a Blake move lol, seriously wtf?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, see a lot of Rempe of late. You gotta have an answer if somebody rolls one of your guys

Unless you're the LA Kings and "take the high road" every time someone gets run.

Eff that...I want to see a head roll when anyone - even an idiot like Arty - gets cheap shotted.

That's how you develop a league wide reputation that nonsense will not be tolerated and there will be a price to pay. The Cup teams had it but spread out by committee but also had guys like Mitchell, Regehr, Richards, Greene, etc that kept other teams honest.

Completely lacking under this Blake rebuild. You're telling me you can't find a spot foe a guy like Reaves in the B6 but JAD gets a shot constantly? STFU.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really cant even tell You what I hope the king's go after, I have no idea what state the roster really is in. If everyone comes back for the postseason , do you really want to waste assets to get something? Maybe some sort of beef on the fourth line That could maybe throw.... Otherwise I think you're just hoping to get something and it works?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canes gotta be in WTF mode, I heard they were in on a lot of big names but lost them all.... So instead , get a six round pick for salary retention for one of their biggest rivals for the post season.....that seems like a Blake move lol, seriously wtf?

The Fiala trade comes to mind, Guerin had his hands tied and had no choice BUT to trade him. LA was the only place he would have signed an extension so Blake literally held all the cards and had Guerin over a barrel.

Either one of Faber or the 1st would have got the deal done, this clown gives Guerin both. Faber has turned into their D1 and a Calder candidate and they used the 24th overall on Danila Yurov.

I get Faber reportedly didn't want to sign here but a one for one should have gotten it done - Faber gets to be close to home and signs, Fiala comes to LA and signs.

Blake dogballs himself constantly.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Otherwise I think you're just hoping to get something and it works?

Been saying that since 2022 when Fiala was acquired. Blake has no plan, he's just going after stuff that he thinks will work. Every single move he has made starting with Dunno proves that. He isn't targeting specific needs.

So far the results have been mediocre 7 years in.

Last edited:

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like bidding himself up to 8.5 on PLuG....nobody was giving him more than msybe 6, thats if they gave him a shot at all

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if he is like Willem Dafoe in Spiderman where he's the Green Goblin and has conversations with himself in a mirror.

"I'll give you Faber for Fiala"
"Noooooooooo! I want the 1st too"
"OK, done deal"
"WHAT HAVE I DONE!"

=)~~

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is assuming guys come back, my wish list:

Kopistar/Fiala/Kempe - I think healthy, these guys can put up enough points to win games.

Dunno/Tomo/ a guy that can hit and help shut down - Dunno and Tomo will get their chances from forced mistakes, give em a guy that can help pressure ....should be cheap

PLuG/laffer/Buster - Had early chemistry but cut short with injuries, i think this can be a very good line if given a chance.

Everyone else - need a guy that wont get rag dolled in the PO.

Anderson- if hes out, needs to be addressed or dont bother with anything else.

Goalies...if your not getting one to play for a couple seasons, run what ya brung