• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TDL 2024 Thread

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claimed by Preds.... That won't bite us in the ass

I actually don't think it will. I have no idea why Nashville keeps claiming B6 ex Kings, first Fagemo and now JAD. They just moved Trenin too though so maybe JAD gets an elevated role, who knows.

I just don't see much skill in him no matter where he plays, just a great work ethic and a lot of character but that doesn't assure you an every night spot. He's just a marginal player with high character. I'm sure he will be waived later like Fagemo was and he will end up a King again haha.

Other news, Bjornfot waived by Vegas. They had injuries up the wazoo on D, he was definitely a stop gap. The Kings can claim him again, wouldn't be surprised if they did foe Ontario. He isn't an NHL regular.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toffoli held out of Devils' lineup tonight for trade reasons. Lots of speculation Kings are gonna take a chance and bring him back.

Asking price.is supposed a 1st and a A/B prospect. No thanks...which means Blake will do it.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asking price.is supposed a 1st and a A/B prospect. No thanks...which means Blake will do it.

Add in he is not what the winger Kings need....

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guentzel to Canes...Crysby gonna be pissssssssed

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duclair and 2025 7th round pick to Tampa for Jack Thompson and 2024 3rd round pick. For a minute I read that as Jack Johnson and was like huh?

Man has Duclair moved around a ton since his early days in Phoenix. I would have rather traded for a guy like him at that price than going after Toffoli sending a 1st.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guentzel trade updated.

To Carolina:
Guentzel (25% retained)
Ty Smith

To Pens:
Michael Bunting
3 prospects (Ville Koivunen, Vasily Ponomarev, Cruz Lucius)
Conditional 2024 1st round pick (becomes 2024 2nd round pick if Canes don't male SCF)
Conditional 2024 2nd round pick

I think the Devils are off their rocker thinking Toffoli is worth a 1st in a trade and I hope Bowlby is strapped to a chair with 3 people around him at all times to prevent him from doing something stupid today.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titties joins the Legend

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be nice to get a physical F and a playmaker to replace Arvidsson. I dont see any G worth pursuing unless they are gonna be here for a few seasons

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be nice to get a physical F and a playmaker to replace Arvidsson. I dont see any G worth pursuing unless they are gonna be here for a few seasons

Some dude on Teh Blog saying he's hearing PLD+ to Boston for Ulmark. Yeah dude, that's happening.../s.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titties joins the Legend

Just saw, for a 2024 3rd and 2025 2nd round pick. That's more along the lines of what I expected, not the reported 1st involved. Then again, supposedly Blake was linked so I'm sure it would have been a 1st round pick if the deal was to LA.

Not a bad give for a pending UFA. Also of note, anyone notice this will be his fifth team in 4 years since he left LA? Dude sure moves around a lot.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a Kings History page on the 'Gram, and posts a regular "This Date in Kings History" moment. Got a chuckle out of this one, as turned out to be one bomb of a trade. Anson scored one measly assist for his time here. Was during a stretch where Taylor & Co were bringing in old veterans at the tail of their career. Roenick was another prime example ...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I've mentioned this guy before, but he's the most hockey guy ever. The Hockey Guy on youtube (and other places) watches every single hockey game and livestreams his opinions of major hockey events (like draft or trade deadline etc.). Dude is on the spectrum committed to hockey. I went to go check out his page and saw he is starting a live two-hour stream leading up the deadline. haha

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also of note, anyone notice this will be his fifth team in 4 years since he left LA? Dude sure moves around a lot.

Like PLD he is not driving a line by himself, put him with some skilled guys and hes gonna perform.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a Kings History page on the 'Gram, and posts a regular "This Date in Kings History" moment. Got a chuckle out of this one, as turned out to be one bomb of a trade. Anson scored one measly assist for his time here. Was during a stretch where Taylor & Co were bringing in old veterans at the tail of their career. Roenick was another prime example ...

Yikes. I mean "Dancin Anson" wasn't really known for scoring, but that statline seems about right from Kings guys acquired. Pretty much pre-cup, Kings were in the argument for laughing stock of the league. That stretch of no playoffs until 2010 was real rough. Like one series win we could hang our hat on in 20 years. Upset the Red Wings "That one time".

I'll check out the page though. Thanks.

I will say, sometimes trades just don't work out, but I appreciate the effort. I forget the dude Lombardi went and got from Carolina. Defenseman. Trade a first to go get a legit d-man to fill some holes. Swung for the fences, and dude broke his hand a month into his stint with LA. Didn't even play in the playoffs and then signed with like Edmonton a few months later. Something like that. Just didn't work out at all, but I knew what Lombardi was trying to do.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zucker to Preds i hear, not making any "we are gonna win" moves, but we are gonna knock out someone

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Buffoon to Bruins, 2026 conditional 6th round pick to Wild. A 2026 6th and its conditional? Yikes.

I'll never forget TA having an article from Mama Buffoon being cocky and saying he will win his fourth Cup in a row in (Blues 2018-19, Tampa 2019-20 and 2020-21) in 2021-22, massive article how confident she was and then they lost to Colorado. I went back and commented "this sure aged well".

Also look up the "buddy you suck at hockey" chirp on YT that Doughty gave him, its classic.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes. I mean "Dancin Anson" wasn't really known for scoring, but that statline seems about right from Kings guys acquired. Pretty much pre-cup, Kings were in the argument for laughing stock of the league. That stretch of no playoffs until 2010 was real rough. Like one series win we could hang our hat on in 20 years. Upset the Red Wings "That one time".

Rough stretch indeed, brutal years.

All these retreads but at the time AEG gave Taylor a self imposed $45 million payroll, not much he could do otherwise. In came the Carters, Ronnings, Yushkevich, etc guys. Once they cleaned house and thw cap came in and Leiweke and AEG let Dumbo do his thing the direction changed dramatically.

And speaking of Carter, that clown scored 1 goal here and if I remember he went to Vancouver as a UFA that summer and went back to scoring 30 goals. Dick.

I will say, sometimes trades just don't work out, but I appreciate the effort. I forget the dude Lombardi went and got from Carolina. Defenseman. Trade a first to go get a legit d-man to fill some holes. Swung for the fences, and dude broke his hand a month into his stint with LA. Didn't even play in the playoffs and then signed with like Edmonton a few months later. Something like that. Just didn't work out at all, but I knew what Lombardi was trying to do.

Andrej Sekera. Solid LHD but yeah, came over, played down the stretch, got injured and left as a UFA for Edmonton. Dumbo was definitely trying for one more run with that group, that one didn't work out at all, keep in mind he traded for Lucic the summer before in 2015 so borh guys were on the team at the same time for a hot minute and both walked in summer 2016.

Kings gave up the 2016 1st and Roland McKeown, Carolina used that 1st on Julien Gauthier who's bounced around ans McKeown played 16 NHL games, 10 in 2018 and 6 last year.

Sekera had a few decent seasons after in Edmonton but believe he was bought out midway through that deal.

Last edited:

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some dude on Teh Blog saying he's hearing PLD+ to Boston for Ulmark. Yeah dude, that's happening.../s.

So crazy thing, supposedly Bruins had a deal in place for Ulmark but was nixed by his ntc....supposedly Ulmark didnt want to go west

Last edited: