• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Rumors

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoa. (if so)

@RealBillWatters 1h
According to sources who are not related, but impecca nonetheless,TML offered PHX,Kadri,Frattin & a 1st for Keith Yandle

from the main board

just goes to show you how valuable young-puck movers are these days.. they probably wanted couturier+bschenn+ from the flyers..

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from the main board

just goes to show you how valuable young-puck movers are these days.. they probably wanted couturier+bschenn+ from the flyers..

No F'in way that's nuts but then again look at what the stars gave up for goligoski....crazy shit. I'm glad Philly stood pat...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, this is Marcello, the author. I saw the link to this post show up as a trackback on our site and just wanted to jump in here.

First of all, thanks for reading and linking to the piece.

You're right, I am just listing some things that could happen and I'm certainly not saying all of them should.

The Flyers really do have a lot of talent at the NHL level, especially on offense. I can't wait to see these guys when they are in their prime.

Thanks again!

Right on bro welcome anytime! Always like to hear some different viewpoints but hopefully they won't need to move a guy like Coots.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that attitude!!!

Yep agreed I'm really hoping that this kid can find his game but at least there's a chance as we all knew Leights was Leights and Bouch was Bouch...nothing more nothing less. Potential is a far superior option!

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wooo sah bandits.. wooo sah

when you're paying a goalie 5.9 for 10 years, you're not paying him to compete for the starting job.. and you make moves to make him comfortable.. that's why bob was traded.. it hasn't worked out as bryz hasn't returned to all-star form.. the second bryz was signed it made perfect sense to move bob.. keep in mind, there was no buyout option when bryz was signed either.. bryz was going to be a flyers goalie for 10 years, bob was never going to get a shot.. acquiring bryz was the nail in bob's coffin.

I've taken a few days to cool off after my latest rant & honestly, I still feel the exact same way. Hey I love Snider for wanting to win a cup every year, but you can't just single out 1 guy or position and say this is where we need to put all our eggs. The Kings & Bruins both won because they played good systems and limited those high quality scoring chances. The facts that both of their goalies played excellent was the icing on the cake, but honestly how many big time "bail out" saves did they each make for their teams? I can remember Quick making 4 phenominal saves at key points and Thomas prob made 5-6.

I'm not taking anything away from either of them because they are both extremely talented franchise type goalies, however if you put those 2 behind the Flyers with the way they've been playing and we'd still be in about the same spot. I think Bryz has kept us in every game he could whether he received any sort of defensive support or not. There is way too much pressure put on Bryz. Yes he's the last guy back and he needs to make saves, but what about the other 5 guys that got beat on the play or messed up their coverage or just didn't back check(looking at you Briere, you lazy piece of shit).

I get the whole contract issue and cap hit. I mean hell we've been dealing with that for years, you could argue that Timonen, Pronger(when healthy) & especially Briere have not lived up to their contracts because we haven't won a cup but that would be an assinine way of approaching things.

I just hope before they make any big moves or buy-outs you get the whole management group from Snider to Homer to Lavy all in one room and decide what type of system they're going to play and go from there. I can't see buying Bryz out going well unless we can sign a guy like Emery(who's been great since his hip surgery) and have a tandem to push each other. Other then that all I think we really need is another puck-moving D-man(2nd pairing guy) and someone to either step up and do their best Jeff carter impersonation & shoot the damn puck every time they touch it or go find a guy who will(since we have more then enough net presence players now.

Sorry for the long read & the ridiculously angry post before, it's just infuriating to me that this organization does some of the stupid ass things they've done. I hadn't been that angry since the whole Adam Oates fiasco...:gaah:

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man that was a lot of reading. I will sum my feelings up in a short note. Bryz and his contract need to go immediately. Even if we dont have another goalie that we sign we still free ourselves up from that contract that lasts for 7 more years.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've taken a few days to cool off after my latest rant & honestly, I still feel the exact same way. Hey I love Snider for wanting to win a cup every year, but you can't just single out 1 guy or position and say this is where we need to put all our eggs. The Kings & Bruins both won because they played good systems and limited those high quality scoring chances. The facts that both of their goalies played excellent was the icing on the cake, but honestly how many big time "bail out" saves did they each make for their teams? I can remember Quick making 4 phenominal saves at key points and Thomas prob made 5-6.

I'm not taking anything away from either of them because they are both extremely talented franchise type goalies, however if you put those 2 behind the Flyers with the way they've been playing and we'd still be in about the same spot. I think Bryz has kept us in every game he could whether he received any sort of defensive support or not. There is way too much pressure put on Bryz. Yes he's the last guy back and he needs to make saves, but what about the other 5 guys that got beat on the play or messed up their coverage or just didn't back check(looking at you Briere, you lazy piece of shit).

I get the whole contract issue and cap hit. I mean hell we've been dealing with that for years, you could argue that Timonen, Pronger(when healthy) & especially Briere have not lived up to their contracts because we haven't won a cup but that would be an assinine way of approaching things.

I just hope before they make any big moves or buy-outs you get the whole management group from Snider to Homer to Lavy all in one room and decide what type of system they're going to play and go from there. I can't see buying Bryz out going well unless we can sign a guy like Emery(who's been great since his hip surgery) and have a tandem to push each other. Other then that all I think we really need is another puck-moving D-man(2nd pairing guy) and someone to either step up and do their best Jeff carter impersonation & shoot the damn puck every time they touch it or go find a guy who will(since we have more then enough net presence players now.

Sorry for the long read & the ridiculously angry post before, it's just infuriating to me that this organization does some of the stupid ass things they've done. I hadn't been that angry since the whole Adam Oates fiasco...:gaah:

first things first, i STRONGLY disagree w/ any mention of timonen not living up to his contract. he's been the flyers best dman in the d-zone since he got here, pronger years included. he's a warrior, he's a leader, hell he's 7th in points among dmen this season.. IMO timonen has been everything the flyers could've asked for when they acquired him

to the rest.. it's definitely frustrating.. but when you put the pressure to win on the team like ed snider / philly does, every single move is looked at in hindsight.. and when you have a bad season, it's all the moves that didn't pan out that get looked at and homer gets grilled for the ones that didn't pan out.. a la bobrovsky, bryz, wasting time on parise/suter and not getting anyone to fill in for jagr/carle, and a loyalty to michael leighton.

let's not forget what he got for..

jeff carter: couturier (our most valuable piece after giroux probably), voracek (our second best player), and cousins (neck and neck w/ laughton for 'top prospect')

mike richards: schenn (2nd most valuable), simmonds (best power forward), one of the picks that got our best defensive dman (grossmann)

forsberg: essentially, parent, upshall, timonen, and hartnell

zhitnik: coburn

he also signed matt read and bobrovsky after they went undrafted.. as well as kyle flanegan who has been tearing it up since he joined the phantoms a week or so ago, and jason akeson who has been the phantoms best player for two years running.. erik gustaffson, also an undrafted free agent signing.. and perhaps most importantly, he drafted claude giroux

so while there is a lot of frustration that goes along with the team not winning, the team has made a lot of very very good moves.. they just haven't put it all together yet.. i think a lot of the times as fans, we get frustrated and we point to what the team has done wrong, but it's best to look at the whole picture, because they've done a lot of things right too

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I've brought this up several times since the Preds matched the Flyers offer on Weber, but I want to bring it up again. From an interview recently Weber has publicly said he's disappointed at his team for the lack of effort and more than likely miss the playoffs. I can't help but to bring this up again to see if it's any possibility to make a blockbuster trade with the Preds during the offseason?

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know I've brought this up several times since the Preds matched the Flyers offer on Weber, but I want to bring it up again. From an interview recently Weber has publicly said he's disappointed at his team for the lack of effort and more than likely miss the playoffs. I can't help but to bring this up again to see if it's any possibility to make a blockbuster trade with the Preds during the offseason?

ive said it before that i have a weird feeling weber will end up in a flyers jersey. from nashville's perspective, they've already paid off a huge chunk of that contract, but still, i could see nashville willing to move him for the right offer.

nashville would demand a ridiculous package for him, but i really do think a deal can be worked out to benefit both teams.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive said it before that i have a weird feeling weber will end up in a flyers jersey. from nashville's perspective, they've already paid off a huge chunk of that contract, but still, i could see nashville willing to move him for the right offer.

nashville would demand a ridiculous package for him, but i really do think a deal can be worked out to benefit both teams.

I tend to agree with you here. You bet it would cost us a king's ransom to get Weber, but he would not only help our D tremendously, but giving up some of our young guns like Coots and Read etc. we have some younger guys coming up from the farm. Not to mention our upcoming draft. I think we could make it work somehow. I don't think that the Flyers burned any bridges with the Preds that I'm aware of?

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From my knowledge, there was essentially a deal in principle to land Weber, so the offer sheet was Holmgren just getting impatient. So I don't think any bridges are burned, I'm sure they still have a great relationship.

I'd want to keep Coots if it is possible, I still think we have enough pieces to move to make it attractive for Nashville. Schenn, Simmonds, Read are all guys I'd be willing to part with in a deal for Weber. Nashville would probably also want a defenseman in the deal, so I'd see if they'd want Coburn too.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nashville would want bschenn, couturier, coburn and a 1st. Or giroux and a 1st. And based on the market, that's not outrageous. People pay out the ass for dmen, and weber is arguably the best of the bunch. And he's got a pretty friendly contract all things considered.

Not worth it IMO. Not even close.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would deal Coots before any of our young guys i just dont see him getting his offensive game to a level where i would include Schenn or Simmonds over him for a guy like Weber.These guys do other things that Coots doesnt do besides score they fight and hit . I really liked Coots last year and thought he would be great but his lack of any offense whatsoever is what makes the difference.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would deal Coots before any of our young guys i just dont see him getting his offensive game to a level where i would include Schenn or Simmonds over him for a guy like Weber.These guys do other things that Coots doesnt do besides score they fight and hit . I really liked Coots last year and thought he would be great but his lack of any offense whatsoever is what makes the difference.

far too early to tell IMO.. trading guys like couturier now, is how you end up w/ patrick sharp for matt ellison.

stay the course homer.

also, i would kinda like to see a voracek.couturier.giroux line.. just to see. giroux was a RW in juniors,and we have too many centers.. why not take a look? (if that's gunna be permanent though he's gunna need to teach people how to take faceoffs.)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
far too early to tell IMO.. trading guys like couturier now, is how you end up w/ patrick sharp for matt ellison.

stay the course homer.

also, i would kinda like to see a voracek.couturier.giroux line.. just to see. giroux was a RW in juniors,and we have too many centers.. why not take a look? (if that's gunna be permanent though he's gunna need to teach people how to take faceoffs.)

Awaz did you just compare Ellison to Weber :laugh3:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz did you just compare Ellison to Weber :laugh3:

stopped reading your post before i got to the weber part :lol:

still though, unless poille is piss drunk, there is no deal that makes sense for the flyers to make to get weber. all this clamor for a stud dman and everyone is planning on moving some combination of simmonds, bschenn, couturier, and read.. people realize the flyers have scored 3 goals in their past 4 games right? and they're 26th in the league in 5 on 5 goals for?

i just hope homer isn't getting as carried away with getting a #1 dman as everyone else seems to be..

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stopped reading your post before i got to the weber part :lol:

still though, unless poille is piss drunk, there is no deal that makes sense for the flyers to make to get weber. all this clamor for a stud dman and everyone is planning on moving some combination of simmonds, bschenn, couturier, and read.. people realize the flyers have scored 3 goals in their past 4 games right? and they're 26th in the league in 5 on 5 goals for?

i just hope homer isn't getting as carried away with getting a #1 dman as everyone else seems to be..

Our offense is the problem right now, with the guys we have on this team i dont see us having an offensive problem going into next year.