• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Rumors

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so we are getting closer and closer to the trade deadline. I figured we could have one thread to post and discuss all possible Flyers trade rumors we are hearing. Have at it!

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um...JJ.....bud.....eh.....I know that since you've been gone you feel out of the loop bro, but every thread on this board is currently mulling over all sorts of trade rumors/ideas/proposals and all sorts of outlandish/idiotic/ridiculous thoughts about the matter so you might not get many replies to this thread.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um...JJ.....bud.....eh.....I know that since you've been gone you feel out of the loop bro, but every thread on this board is currently mulling over all sorts of trade rumors/ideas/proposals and all sorts of outlandish/idiotic/ridiculous thoughts about the matter so you might not get many replies to this thread.

lol All good! I figured having all rumors in one spot might be easier but I have no problem checking out the other threads.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I agree, it makes sense, but around here....it doesn't work like that. :)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets get Nodl back......JK ....Awaz that was for you.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should keep this thread. Everything else is just speculation. Maybe a mod can change the title to "Confirmed NHL Rumors" so we can all psot any tweet/article to let everyone else know without blabbering out shit about how the Flyers trading for Getzlaf is imminent.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade rumblings: Flyers' D-man search - Cross Checks Blog - ESPN

By Pierre LeBrun

Tim Gleason was high on Philadelphia’s list of possible defensemen for purchase but that won’t happen with the Carolina Hurricanes' re-signing him Monday.

So what now for Philadelphia?

One name to keep an eye on is veteran blueliner Hal Gill in Montreal. He’s slated to be an unrestricted free agent July 1, and, from what I was told Tuesday, the Flyers covet his experience -- he’s won a Cup -- as well as his shot-blocking and penalty-killing abilities. The Habs aren’t ready to pull the plug on their season just yet, but if and when they do, expect the Flyers to inquire about him.

Another possibility for the Flyers is Nicklas Grossman in Dallas. He’s slated for unrestricted free agency July 1. The Stars have begun talks on an extension, so that’s another possibility -- that, like Gleason, he signs and stays put.

And of course, as previously reported, the Flyers did chat with the Maple Leafs about Luke Schenn a few weeks back.

***Note this is Lebrun. Bonerific.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gill still seems like the logical trade option. Perfect short term cup run guy which shouldn't cost them that much maybe 2nd rd pick....go get'em!

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gill still seems like the logical trade option. Perfect short term cup run guy which shouldn't cost them that much maybe 2nd rd pick....go get'em!

i'm on the 'no major moves, just some minor tweaks' side of this trade deadline and that why i agree with the gill thing. the grossman rumor would fit though with our go young mentality, but if you trade for him i think you have to sign him to an extension.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Grossman for the right price. Gill is the big physical stay home guy that we are missing. schenn is only going to get better. After last night, I am not sure I want Jvr to go. We have depth of young dmen. send Marshall and a pick for someone.:flock:

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on board w/ going after Gill as a short term fix and then wait until summer to decide what to do.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a funny story...

For years and years, all I kept hearing from posters with Gill on their team was that he was "big, dumb and slow", "a dinosaur of a gone by era", "speed is king and there's no room in today's NHL for a slow footed player of Gill's caliber" and on and on and on.

Now, all of a sudden, the guys value is "just right" or the "perfect fit". lol

So, the question you have to ask yourself is this....is he really an upgrade?

My .02/opinion is that this team will be no different with or without Hal Gill. Yes, it will have a new face/look, but nothing will change. Nothing. He won't be going around cross checking opposing players off the porch. (todays game = instant 2 min penalty) He won't be quarterbacking the PP and his "veteran leadership" isn't needed on this current D corp, so what would we be seeing from Hal Gill that we don't already have with Lilja? Check the stats --- nothing.

Like I said - funny.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have a funny story...

For years and years, all I kept hearing from posters with Gill on their team was that he was "big, dumb and slow", "a dinosaur of a gone by era", "speed is king and there's no room in today's NHL for a slow footed player of Gill's caliber" and on and on and on.

Now, all of a sudden, the guys value is "just right" or the "perfect fit". lol

So, the question you have to ask yourself is this....is he really an upgrade?

My .02/opinion is that this team will be no different with or without Hal Gill. Yes, it will have a new face/look, but nothing will change. Nothing. He won't be going around cross checking opposing players off the porch. (todays game = instant 2 min penalty) He won't be quarterbacking the PP and his "veteran leadership" isn't needed on this current D corp, so what would we be seeing from Hal Gill that we don't already have with Lilja? Check the stats --- nothing.

Like I said - funny.

you could say the same thing about suter, what is he gonna bring that is different from what we have. i want a PHYSICAL dman that wont let people park out in front of bryz, thats all. whoever can get that done, i want to bring in here.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for Christ sake D......no you can't.

Suter WOULD be qbing the PP. He WOULD be a visible difference in speed and skill from the back line. whether it be skating the puck up, pinching in from the point or suffocating his man off the play.

To say otherwise is just plain fucking stupid.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we dont get our big physical D man we need we'll just have to outscore everyone from here on in score 7 give up 5 weve done pretty well so far with that method.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suter WOULD be qbing the PP. He WOULD be a visible difference in speed and skill from the back line. whether it be skating the puck up, pinching in from the point or suffocating his man off the play.

its not an instant penalty when you body up.. cross checking is a penalty, moving people with your body isn't

and hal gill is big, physical, blocks lots of shots, and is good on the PK.. why would the flyers need another PP qb? timmo and a forward work perfect on the top unit, carle has a great 'deflection shot' that he tosses at the net, and mesz has a bomb.. if they want another PP qb gust can do it too, and coburn isn't AWFUL at it..

suter is better than gill, no question, but gill plays the style the flyers need moreso than suter

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

geez talk about me attacking people for their opinion on bryz....

in past posts i have said that he is better than our d guys but he just does what they do better. so why trade stat wise (and physical attributes) the guy is a shade above better than carle. OK so why give up the farm for that.