• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Rumors

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geez talk about me attacking people for their opinion on bryz....

in past posts i have said that he is better than our d guys but he just does what they do better. so why trade stat wise (and physical attributes) the guy is a shade above better than carle. OK so why give up the farm for that.

especially considering he's UFA at the end of the year....

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not an instant penalty when you body up.. cross checking is a penalty, moving people with your body isn't

and hal gill is big, physical, blocks lots of shots, and is good on the PK.. why would the flyers need another PP qb? timmo and a forward work perfect on the top unit, carle has a great 'deflection shot' that he tosses at the net, and mesz has a bomb.. if they want another PP qb gust can do it too, and coburn isn't AWFUL at it..

suter is better than gill, no question, but gill plays the style the flyers need moreso than suter

Yep, his -30 over the last 3 years proves that. Great shot blocker.

Kimmo is the only viable player on this team. Carle will most likely leave Philly. Coburn is wishy washy. Mesz is the same. Lilja, Bourdon, Gusty etc... pfft plllllease.

Everyone not name Timmonen, for all of their positive attributes are turn over machines hell bent on making bone head plays at the worst possible times. I don't expect you or anyone to agree with me, but to say Suter wouldn't be a standout star here for years to come is insane.

I want another player in Kimmo's mold. A do everything almost perfectly night in and night out player. Whether we all want to face it or not, Kimmo's days are numbered and a player of Suter's caliber and optimal situation only come around once in a blue moon. The time is ripe to grab this guy up and hang onto him for a very long time.

My .02.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geez talk about me attacking people for their opinion on bryz....

in past posts i have said that he is better than our d guys but he just does what they do better. so why trade stat wise (and physical attributes) the guy is a shade above better than carle. OK so why give up the farm for that.

lol wow..

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kimmo is the only viable player on this team. Carle will most likely leave Philly. Coburn is wishy washy. Mesz is the same. Lilja, Bourdon, Gusty etc... pfft plllllease.

Everyone not name Timmonen, for all of their positive attributes are turn over machines hell bent on making bone head plays at the worst possible times. I don't expect you or anyone to agree with me, but to say Suter wouldn't be a standout star here for years to come is insane.

I want another player in Kimmo's mold. A do everything almost perfectly night in and night out player. Whether we all want to face it or not, Kimmo's days are numbered and a player of Suter's caliber and optimal situation only come around once in a blue moon. The time is ripe to grab this guy up and hang onto him for a very long time.

My .02.

What would you be willing to give up to get him?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
especially considering he's UFA at the end of the year....

yeah....because Homer is soooo stupid he'd probably trade for him without assurances from the Suter camp that he'd be staying in Philly for a very very long time, right?

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah....because Homer is soooo stupid he'd probably trade for him without assurances from the Suter camp that he'd be staying in Philly for a very very long time, right?

Are you talking about Hamhuis?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My .02.

i dont think anyone is saying suter's a bad player, or that he wouldn't be a star here for years to come.. but who are you planning on trading for him? he's UFA, but he's probably going to claim a star-prospect, i.e. jvr, schenn, or couturier, and he's not worth that.. if he they trade one of those 3 for suter and he signs elsewhere, which IS a possibility, you're fucked.

suter will take too much to risk what he's going to get. unless you can get a gaurantee, which you wont be able to get i dont think, i dont want to trade for him.. go after him in the offseason, what's the harm in that?

getting a guy like hal gill will take a 3rd round pick.. ish.. very low risk.. at the very least he's better than having bourdon out there, and if he doesn't work out, oh well, you lose a 3rd round pick

haha you cranky today tox?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Nashville trading Suter. I think Suter wants to see what the Predators do at the deadline before he makes any decision on resigning. He wants to win. The Predators certainly have a chance to do just that this year.

If he leaves on July 1st, San Jose or Detroit are likely landing spots.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this in the other thread and I'm gonna post it here too. If higher profile players aren't available or will cost us too much young talent, I feel like this is where we should start instead.

I would trade for Nicklas Grossman. He brings the physicality, solid defense, 19 minutes plus a game and with all do respect would be a giant upgrade over Bourdon defensively, who will get schooled in the playoffs. In addition, he's cheap and would not fetch one of our young, talented forwards, just a draft pick that we don't need.

This is just one of the two or three guys I would target. More than likely the others would be more offensively gifted. We're just not good enough defensively yet and this guy would certainly help in that area.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance in hell we're giving up JvR, two prospects and a 1st for Suter, who is due to hit free agency this summer. If it's a sign and trade with his cap hit being reasonable, then that changes things a bit, but I feel that's also very unlikely.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there been any more chatter about Flyers and Kings talking?

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tox i sright regarding a future replacement for Kimmo. We have been luck with Mark Howe, Dejardines and now Timonen. I always thought they would go for someone like Yandle as his replacement. Then Yandle goes and signs for 5 years. I then thought maybe Enstrom, but he is not at that level. Gill would help because he can eat minutes in the post season. Lilja flat out scares me and I am not ready to see Bourdon or Gustaffson play 18 minutes per night in the playoffs. Weber, Suter or Schenn would be long term fixes while Grossman and Gill will help for a run.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ha im glad that i wasnt off my rocker with my minor tiff with tox this morn. im glad i see that im not the only one that doesnt wanna trade the world for this guy(suter). if they want him, get him in the offseason, that simple. (or make a qualifying offer to weber)

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tox i sright regarding a future replacement for Kimmo. We have been luck with Mark Howe, Dejardines and now Timonen. I always thought they would go for someone like Yandle as his replacement. Then Yandle goes and signs for 5 years. I then thought maybe Enstrom, but he is not at that level. Gill would help because he can eat minutes in the post season. Lilja flat out scares me and I am not ready to see Bourdon or Gustaffson play 18 minutes per night in the playoffs. Weber, Suter or Schenn would be long term fixes while Grossman and Gill will help for a run.

lilja is awful

id prefer gustaffson over bourdon, the kid makes mistakes but he usually will come right back and make up for it.

grossman doesnt necessarily have to be a run type player, hes only 25, and probably could sign for cheap, keep him as a 5-6 guy.

gill i would only want to end the season here, your right, jus a cup run guy.

long term fixes i think must be adjusted in the offseason, i like this teams depth right now, it is their strength.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lilja is awful

id prefer gustaffson over bourdon, the kid makes mistakes but he usually will come right back and make up for it.

grossman doesnt necessarily have to be a run type player, hes only 25, and probably could sign for cheap, keep him as a 5-6 guy.

gill i would only want to end the season here, your right, jus a cup run guy.

long term fixes i think must be adjusted in the offseason, i like this teams depth right now, it is their strength.

grossman and schultz (caps) are basically the same player.. either one works for me.. i think if the flyers cant make a move of jvr for a jvr-level d-man (young with potential and a contract) close to straight up, then they should make a move to get gil, grossman, or schultz for the run this season.. address replacing timonen in the offseason.. aka go after suter, cause i agree that he can be that guy, i just dont want to trade for him

and who knows with schultz and grossman.. at 25, maybe the develop like seidenberg (late) and become big time assets with the flyers

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you be willing to give up to get him?

Jake or Jvr, The glorious number one pick in next years draft, Bourdon and maybe I'd throw in a 3rd.

lol Listen boys -

Like I said in my post. It is MY opinion and I am not trying to make ANY of you accept it - like it or even adopt it. Unlike a large portion of society and a lot of folks on this very board, I don't other people idea's and/or input to form my own train of thought.

If that's not good enough for any of you -- well then....that's your problem because I'm perfectly content with my own opinion.

So...in other words -- :finger: Blow me.