• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Rumors

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Nashville trading Suter. I think Suter wants to see what the Predators do at the deadline before he makes any decision on resigning. He wants to win. The Predators certainly have a chance to do just that this year.

If he leaves on July 1st, San Jose or Detroit are likely landing spots.

NEITHER DO I, but that wouldn't stop me from pursuing him with everything I've got at hand.

Detroit is an obvious one, but....San Jose? Really?? Why's that?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEITHER DO I, but that wouldn't stop me from pursuing him with everything I've got at hand.

Detroit is an obvious one, but....San Jose? Really?? Why's that?

Pure media conjecture, but supposedly his dad and Gary Suter (his uncle) have been around the San Jose area (not confirmed that I know of) and Gary Suter is trying to convince Ryan to play in SJ. Who knows though. I don't think San Jose has the budget for him unless they get rid of Marleau or Thornton (please God let it be Jumbo). :D

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake or Jvr, The glorious number one pick in next years draft, Bourdon and maybe I'd throw in a 3rd.

lol Listen boys -

Like I said in my post. It is MY opinion and I am not trying to make ANY of you accept it - like it or even adopt it. Unlike a large portion of society and a lot of folks on this very board, I don't other people idea's and/or input to form my own train of thought.

If that's not good enough for any of you -- well then....that's your problem because I'm perfectly content with my own opinion.

So...in other words -- :finger: Blow me.

IMO that's WAY too risky.. if he was RFA, different story.. the UFA tag is far too frightening to me to make an offer like that.. if he signs somewhere else in july the team is fucked.. then youre out a dman, the guy you wanted to trade for a dman, and the pick you were gunna use to take a dman.. if he signs a deal prior to the trade, sure, but he already said he isn't going to

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO that's WAY too risky.. if he was RFA, different story.. the UFA tag is far too frightening to me to make an offer like that.. if he signs somewhere else in july the team is fucked.. then youre out a dman, the guy you wanted to trade for a dman, and the pick you were gunna use to take a dman.. if he signs a deal prior to the trade, sure, but he already said he isn't going to

Agree completely, now if it was Weber I would definitely consider that. However, this is not the year for the Flyers to sell the farm for a shot at the cup. In a year or 2 when G, Schenn, Cooter, Read, JVR(if he's here) & a few other guys develop some more I could see making a big time trade. I just don't see this being the season for it, I do think they'll make a "large" trade for a young d-man with a ton of potential in exchange for one of their young offensive guys.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and it would take him signing the deal before hand for me to like it.. even if he does end up signing with the flyers after the trade, he's going to have homer's balls in.. well, he's gunna have them wherever he damn well pleases.. he could tell homer i want 9 mil for 10 years and a full NMC and honestly, homer would have to sign that deal, cause you cant let Suter walk if you make that trade

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ugh..

Awaz...awaz....awaz. I get it. { You (and others) don't agree with me }

Understood.

Got it.

Message received.

...but, the fact that you and others don't agree with me doesn't/won't change my point of view on this subject and nor does it mean that I agree with your rebuttal in the least bit.

Listen, I know you're bored stiff at work bro and seem to be in a desperate need to do something.....ANYTHING, but seriously.....cut it the hell out already.

Cool?

Thanks..

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am bored as hell at work, wanna fight about it :p

I'm just stating my opinion like you're stating yours. So you cut it the hell out already. :hockeysmile:

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jake or Jvr, The glorious number one pick in next years draft, Bourdon and maybe I'd throw in a 3rd.

lol Listen boys -

Like I said in my post. It is MY opinion and I am not trying to make ANY of you accept it - like it or even adopt it. Unlike a large portion of society and a lot of folks on this very board, I don't other people idea's and/or input to form my own train of thought.

If that's not good enough for any of you -- well then....that's your problem because I'm perfectly content with my own opinion.

So...in other words -- :finger: Blow me.

Last time I swear. But I am ALL for trading away picks and bourdon. I disagree with the value Awaz is putting on our first round pick, but I do agree when you throw in a JvR or Voracek, the scale tilts heavily in their favor.

From their standpoint, they are giving up a guy they know will walk after this year and getting a guaranteed return. Maybe they miss out on having him for the playoffs, but oh well. They aren't winning anything with that offense.

For us, we get a monster of a dman for a playoff run, but who we have no idea will resign with us or we will overpay for.

If a contract was guaranteed, I would do your proposal in a heartbeat.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am bored as hell at work, wanna fight about it :p

I'm just stating my opinion like you're stating yours. So you cut it the hell out already. :hockeysmile:

:boxing:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys better remember were all fans of the greatest team ever and want whats best for the team. I am gonna go out on a limb here and say if we win the cup everyone on this board will be happy except for JS

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys better remember were all fans of the greatest team ever and want whats best for the team. I am gonna go out on a limb here and say if we win the cup everyone on this board will be happy except for JS

JS is secretly a FLyers fan.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh..

Awaz...awaz....awaz. I get it. { You (and others) don't agree with me }

Understood.

Got it.

Message received.

...but, the fact that you and others don't agree with me doesn't/won't change my point of view on this subject and nor does it mean that I agree with your rebuttal in the least bit.

Listen, I know you're bored stiff at work bro and seem to be in a desperate need to do something.....ANYTHING, but seriously.....cut it the hell out already.

Cool?

Thanks..

It's all good. We all have different opinions and that's absolutely fine. That's part of the fun of a message board.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go flyers :cool:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Chiardi (Philly.com) thinks that Homer is thinking of getting two defensemen by the TD. Ive been saying this for awhile. It's makes sense for the sake of depth. However, Chiardi mentions both Allen and Gill. I'm okay with this. Two very big dudes. I still like Schenn and Gill or Schenn and Allen. Schenn is young and he is a hitter. He is relatively cheap as far as a cap hit. I don't think Schenn would cost us Cooter, Read, or Schenn. These rumors are killing me. I just want something to happen. A big dman is a start.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Chiardi (Philly.com) thinks that Homer is thinking of getting two defensemen by the TD. Ive been saying this for awhile. It's makes sense for the sake of depth. However, Chiardi mentions both Allen and Gill. I'm okay with this. Two very big dudes. I still like Schenn and Gill or Schenn and Allen. Schenn is young and he is a hitter. He is relatively cheap as far as a cap hit. I don't think Schenn would cost us Cooter, Read, or Schenn. These rumors are killing me. I just want something to happen. A big dman is a start.

i'd be all for 2 of them.. i really think that would make the flyers a force to be reckoned with

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd be all for 2 of them.. i really think that would make the flyers a force to be reckoned with

The problem with two of them is you are basically forced to trade away somebody good to get them. We don't have a lot of guys who will get what they are probably worth in the long term. Out of the movable forward assets we have - JVR, Schenn, Couturier, Read - we likely won't get a good return on any of them save JVR, and all of them are worth more than a bottom four dman, essentially. The only way I see us getting a good deal is if we can buy help from a team that isn't going to sniff the playoffs with a contract+decent draft pick for 2nd pair dman, and I wonder if other teams might not have more options in that regard. It's an odd problem to have - too many good young forwards - but it's one we have to work out nonetheless.

Man, I can't tell you how much I wish we had Lappy and Pronger available right now. Lappy was half defenseman already, and Pronger scares people and eats up minutes even when he isn't 100%. Plus if we had Lappy we could waive Shelley forever.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what good websites, twitter accounts, etc do you guys check out for trade rumors?