• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Draft Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Weeden graduated from Okie State when he was like 29? Played minor league baseball before that.

Quan Cosby wasn't as old as these guys but he was 26 when he graduated. I loved the guy. Was drafted by the Angels and played in the monors for 4 years. Never got past Single A so he decided to act on his Texas football scholarship. I actually got to know him well. Went undrafted due to his age but ended up playing a few years on the Bengals, Broncos and Colts. Fumbled a PR vs the Patriots and it cost him his spot on the Broncos midway through is 4th season. He and I would text about the draft. Very smart and nice guy. I remember on draft day ESPN had him sitting with Bill Cosby since they shared the last name (weird little thing they did) and Bill sat with him as the draft went on and they would go live to them sitting together and talking. I texted Quan during the interview and he looked at his text thinking it was a team texting him and laughed on air. He told me after the draft that he had looked at my text thinking maybe a team was texting him and laughed while he was on air at whatever I said. Only having his phone nearby incase some NFL team was calling. Useless story but I like to share it.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Weeden graduated from Okie State when he was like 29? Played minor league baseball before that.

Quan Cosby wasn't as old as these guys but he was 26 when he graduated. I loved the guy. Was drafted by the Angels and played in the monors for 4 years. Never got past Single A so he decided to act on his Texas football scholarship. I actually got to know him well. Went undrafted due to his age but ended up playing a few years on the Bengals, Broncos and Colts. Fumbled a PR vs the Patriots and it cost him his spot on the Broncos midway through is 4th season. He and I would text about the draft. Very smart and nice guy. I remember on draft day ESPN had him sitting with Bill Cosby since they shared the last name (weird little thing they did) and Bill sat with him as the draft went on and they would go live to them sitting together and talking. I texted Quan during the interview and he looked at his text thinking it was a team texting him and laughed on air. He told me after the draft that he had looked at my text thinking maybe a team was texting him and laughed while he was on air at whatever I said. Only having his phone nearby incase some NFL team was calling. Useless story but I like to share it.

Weeden was 28 when he got drafted, oldest 1st round pick in history.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great write up Q.

This is "on paper" my best QB haul going into the season. I always feel like I always have a spotty QB 2 and Either 1 good WR and the rest cruddy or all average WR's. RB has been my hot spot with my teams and QB and WR usually become a circus for me. Last year Jalin Hyatt was good enough to basically cover for two WR's. Let's see how this year goes.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@The Q Cephas is definitely a "boom or bust" type pick there. I figure I was in position to take a chance since I think I got a pretty good 1/2 at WR. I think he will end be being the #1 guy in terms of catches for Penn State. I also think Allar is going to be the best QB they've had there in a long time, so I expect them to throw more than some might think. I covered my bases with Williams & Dike, I think both will be capable #3 WRs if I need them to be.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think PSU is an interesting team in a good way this year... Agree with Allar being the best QB they have had in awhile and they have had some pretty good ones before Clifford. They ran the ball so well last year with two backs but they have too good of a QB (we think) to not pass the ball a lot as well.

PSU is going to be a problem for teams this year, IMO... I really like what they will be throwing out there this fall.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year of Q

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@The Q Cephas is definitely a "boom or bust" type pick there. I figure I was in position to take a chance since I think I got a pretty good 1/2 at WR. I think he will end be being the #1 guy in terms of catches for Penn State. I also think Allar is going to be the best QB they've had there in a long time, so I expect them to throw more than some might think. I covered my bases with Williams & Dike, I think both will be capable #3 WRs if I need them to be.

I had both those guys rated higher. That’s why I liked where you got them

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I meant to say I didn’t like the Jihrel Brock pick either. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other pick that I forgot to mention that I really like is AD Mitchell. It isn't often when a player is in the starting lineup at Georgia you can say he is making a good decision to leave but for Mitchell I thought he made a good decision to leave. The guy has all the tools with size and speed. Injured most of last year but I think he made a wise decision to go some place that may get him the ball more. Had I not already drafted Worthy, good chance I would have taken him right around where he went.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I didn't check the site for a couple days after the draft. Seems like I had a lot of the "picks I didn't like", which doesn't surprise me. I didn't feel as prepared this year as normal, but I also felt like a ton more guys were getting picked that I had queued up than in years past. Q took a lot of my picks especially.

I knew Milton was going to be a disliked pick, but as long as the bottom doesn't fall out, I think he'll hold off Nico for this year at least. And that offense provides a nice floor assuming he does keep the job. There's some risk, but if he keeps the job, I think he will live up to where I took him.

I need to start prioritizing receiver more. This was the 2nd year in a row that I kept a QB/RB and then went that way with my first couple picks and I ended up with a super weak receiver group. It sucks not having one of those guys that will put up those Jalin Hyatt-type of games that can win you a matchup. And yes Q, I took 2 kickers because I always forget to check when my guy is on a bye and I get stuck with a 0. :trash:

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also was a little slower this year than I typically am and slower than I certainly want to be. I got the DC warning text more often than I wish. Sorry about that... life's a little hectic for me right now with a 2 year old and a newborn coming in the next month.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I didn't check the site for a couple days after the draft. Seems like I had a lot of the "picks I didn't like", which doesn't surprise me. I didn't feel as prepared this year as normal, but I also felt like a ton more guys were getting picked that I had queued up than in years past. Q took a lot of my picks especially.

I knew Milton was going to be a disliked pick, but as long as the bottom doesn't fall out, I think he'll hold off Nico for this year at least. And that offense provides a nice floor assuming he does keep the job. There's some risk, but if he keeps the job, I think he will live up to where I took him.

I need to start prioritizing receiver more. This was the 2nd year in a row that I kept a QB/RB and then went that way with my first couple picks and I ended up with a super weak receiver group. It sucks not having one of those guys that will put up those Jalin Hyatt-type of games that can win you a matchup. And yes Q, I took 2 kickers because I always forget to check when my guy is on a bye and I get stuck with a 0. :trash:

I got the Milton pick

Huge upside

Probably had to take him in round 2 or 3 or you were losing him.

You actually took less rivals guys than I thought lol

But I’m definitely gonna take a shot at the kicker thing with the waiver rules ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick your battles. Drafting two kickers is not a big deal. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.