• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Stewart Apparently Hits Walking Driver With Sprint Car

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would do the same and you would as well right, if you thought Tony Stewart killed your child you wouldn't want to make him pay in some manner? i can't blame the parents for that. I think Tony would win a civil suit but does he really want to if he can avoid it? maybe they can settle, thats what I would try to do if I was Tony.

Zero chance I would go after him and zero chance I would settle if I was him.

I have no doubt I would be looking for blame and asking every question about how it happened and what should have happened to avoid it. No one questions a parent doing that. However, at some point when you learn the details continuing to blame others for the faults of your own son do not help you grieve, does not bring him back, and only makes things worse for everyone involved around it. It's just vengeance at some point. If the DA brings a grand jury and they find no fault that should be the end of it and would be the end of it if I was in their shoes.

Why should Tony settle and pay anything when he wasn't responsible for this? Just to ease the pain of the family? Hell fucking no. If they want to avoid pain then doing bring yet another legal proceeding for a case that was clearly their own sons fault. Again, they would be doing so ONLY to make him suffer and frankly that's BS. Their kid got high, got mad, and got stupid. Stop trying to make everyone else pay for his stupidity.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero chance I would go after him and zero chance I would settle if I was him.

I have no doubt I would be looking for blame and asking every question about how it happened and what should have happened to avoid it. No one questions a parent doing that. However, at some point when you learn the details continuing to blame others for the faults of your own son do not help you grieve, does not bring him back, and only makes things worse for everyone involved around it. It's just vengeance at some point. If the DA brings a grand jury and they find no fault that should be the end of it and would be the end of it if I was in their shoes.

Why should Tony settle and pay anything when he wasn't responsible for this? Just to ease the pain of the family? Hell fucking no. If they want to avoid pain then doing bring yet another legal proceeding for a case that was clearly their own sons fault. Again, they would be doing so ONLY to make him suffer and frankly that's BS. Their kid got high, got mad, and got stupid. Stop trying to make everyone else pay for his stupidity.

I think something that would be classy for both Ward's family and Stewart would be for them to get together and push racing legislation around the nation to create harsh penalties and fines for getting out of your car in unapproved areas in non-emergency situations.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious? Did we not watch the same video?

He went from the very top of the track, dodging through cars, to damn near the bottom of the track to chase Stewart down!

At night!

On a dirt track!

He's lucky someone else didn't run over his dumb ass!

I'm serious and I saw the video.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It did say in the report that he had enough in him to influence his ability to drive correctly. So if he did it just before he started the race or 2 days before he had enough in him to affect his driving ability

One man's ceiling is another man's floor.

What might make you impaired would not necessarily make me impaired.

And to clean living folks, it all seems so devilish.....

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to be clear, I'm not trying to be judge, jury and executioner on Stewart even though he has displayed aggressive tendencies in that past.

I do however findy it funny that, while I've known probably hundreds of people who have smoked marijuana, none have ever displayed the behavior that these "experts" claim. These are the same "experts" who can't even research the drug due to the Federal government's ban on the substance, meaning they can't even get it. No one is running out onto a track as a result of having THC in their system. Period. I'll take my 30 year research over these so-called "experts" any day.

So my position on the inference that Ward's having herb in this system caused him to do this is that it's bunk. A red herring with little basis, something tossed in to muddy the waters.

Marley

Evil Incorporated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think something that would be classy for both Ward's family and Stewart would be for them to get together and push racing legislation around the nation to create harsh penalties and fines for getting out of your car in unapproved areas in non-emergency situations.
That's a great plan for way down the road.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even know it was possible to get mad when you're high

There's always that one asshole in the group who bogarts the joint and should get his ass kicked, but the prospect of actually getting up and being violent seems so daunting when staring at the second hand on the wall clock is just so damned satisfying...

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It did say in the report that he had enough in him to influence his ability to drive correctly. So if he did it just before he started the race or 2 days before he had enough in him to affect his driving ability

If he sparked up two days prior (or one day for that matter) to the incident, there is no way he was impaired.

It was just a dumb, hot-headed move on his part.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great plan for way down the road.

Stewart could give impassioned speeches about how stupid assholes who get out of their cars and confront other drivers make him so mad that he wants to stop his car, get out, and kick the fucker's ass!!!

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is it all or nothing, one side or the the other? The kid was stupid for getting out of his car and getting pissed. I think Marijuana is very far down on the list of things "responsible" for this accident it probably doesn't even deserve mention other than it makes some people irrational when they hear the word.

anyway, angry kid doing stupid things, but I don't for a second think Stewart is completely innocent either. I find it hard to believe he didn't see him, everyone else did. Though I can never prove it, I'd bet he was thinking, "look at that dumb kid, i'm going to make him think twice about getting out of his car and charging other race cars. Watch this" "oh shit" too close.

just a bunch of stupid things that led to a very tragic end. I don't think it makes him a murderer or should be culpable in his death either, but i find it very hard to believe he wasn't aware of what was happening on that track.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is it all or nothing, one side or the the other? The kid was stupid for getting out of his car and getting pissed. I think Marijuana is very far down on the list of things "responsible" for this accident it probably doesn't even deserve mention other than it makes some people irrational when they hear the word.

anyway, angry kid doing stupid things, but I don't for a second think Stewart is completely innocent either. I find it hard to believe he didn't see him, everyone else did. Though I can never prove it, I'd bet he was thinking, "look at that dumb kid, i'm going to make him think twice about getting out of his car and charging other race cars. Watch this" "oh shit" too close.

just a bunch of stupid things that led to a very tragic end. I don't think it makes him a murderer or should be culpable in his death either, but i find it very hard to believe he wasn't aware of what was happening on that track.

:10:

You know, O.J. Was found not responsible but I saw the white bronco video. Stewart has been found not responsible but I saw that video too.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough to impair his judgment. It could also be defined as a sufficient enough amount to impair his judgment.

On who's scale? Last I heard they had no tests for this one way or the other.

They can tell if it's in you but they haven't nailed dow a level that affects.

It's a 100% red herring tossed in there to muddy the waters.

It has no bearing at all on who did what.

And again, I'm not trying to hang Stewart, just saying he is a well known hothead who himself has ventured onto tracks before on foot to express displeasure.

And as somebody who has used a hell of a lot of herb (and still do) since 1974 and never donw one stupid thing because of it I take exception to the fact it has been brought into this as a contributing factor.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder how long we can keep this thread going. :typing:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to be clear, I'm not trying to be judge, jury and executioner on Stewart even though he has displayed aggressive tendencies in that past.

I do however findy it funny that, while I've known probably hundreds of people who have smoked marijuana, none have ever displayed the behavior that these "experts" claim. These are the same "experts" who can't even research the drug due to the Federal government's ban on the substance, meaning they can't even get it. No one is running out onto a track as a result of having THC in their system. Period. I'll take my 30 year research over these so-called "experts" any day.

So my position on the inference that Ward's having herb in this system caused him to do this is that it's bunk. A red herring with little basis, something tossed in to muddy the waters.

Here is what you are not understanding (either intentionally or otherwise). No one is saying that smoking marijuana caused him to do anything. What is being said is that he had enough in his system to "impair his judgment.

Clearly, he was angry at Tony Stewart for putting him into the wall. Had his judgment not been impaired, perhaps he stays in the car and waits to confront Stewart after the race. However, with his judgment impaired, he decides to get out of the car and walk out onto the track.

Combine that with the fact that the Grand Jury saw the video from 2 different angles, 3 different speeds and also had still photos that all pointed to Stewart maintaining a straight line and revealed "no abberational driving" (such as going outside of his line to scare the kid), and it points to this not being Stewarts fault.

Really not that difficult to grasp.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On who's scale? Last I heard they had no tests for this one way or the other.

They can tell if it's in you but they haven't nailed dow a level that affects.

It's a 100% red herring tossed in there to muddy the waters.

It has no bearing at all on who did what.

And again, I'm not trying to hang Stewart, just saying he is a well known hothead who himself has ventured onto tracks before on foot to express displeasure.

And as somebody who has used a hell of a lot of herb (and still do) since 1974 and never donw one stupid thing because of it I take exception to the fact it has been brought into this as a contributing factor.

That first sentence is all I need to read to know that you don't know what you're talking about. There absolutely are tests. They can tell how much is in your system and based on that, can even tell how long ago it was that you likely ingested it. They also know at what level you are considered impaired.

Additionally, it does have bearing on who did what. If the kids judgment isn't impaired, perhaps he doesn't make the decision to get out of the car and walk out onto the track.

I still smoke marijuana (I even have a prescription) and I don't drive when I've been smoking because I know for a fact that it impairs judgment and reaction time. I don't know how long it's been since you last smoked, but I can tell you that the marijuana that we get today, is significantly more potent than what was available in 1974.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what you are not understanding (either intentionally or otherwise). No one is saying that smoking marijuana caused him to do anything. What is being said is that he had enough in his system to "impair his judgment.

Clearly, he was angry at Tony Stewart for putting him into the wall. Had his judgment not been impaired, perhaps he stays in the car and waits to confront Stewart after the race. However, with his judgment impaired, he decides to get out of the car and walk out onto the track.

Combine that with the fact that the Grand Jury saw the video from 2 different angles, 3 different speeds and also had still photos that all pointed to Stewart maintaining a straight line and revealed "no abberational driving" (such as going outside of his line to scare the kid), and it points to this not being Stewarts fault.

Really not that difficult to grasp.

And I'm saying they have no real knowledge of what would impair his judgement.