• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Stewart Apparently Hits Walking Driver With Sprint Car

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That first sentence is all I need to read to know that you don't know what you're talking about. There absolutely are tests. They can tell how much is in your system and based on that, can even tell how long ago it was that you likely ingested it. They also know at what level you are considered impaired.

Additionally, it does have bearing on who did what. If the kids judgment isn't impaired, perhaps he doesn't make the decision to get out of the car and walk out onto the track.

I still smoke marijuana (I even have a prescription) and I don't drive when I've been smoking because I know for a fact that it impairs judgment and reaction time. I don't know how long it's been since you last smoked, but I can tell you that the marijuana that we get today, is significantly more potent than what was available in 1974.

Well good for you.

I still burn the herb or don't you pay attention? Probably more than you do and for way longer. And I'll drive under it's influence without batting an eye. But not booze.

They can tell you have it in your system and to what level. But they do not really know at what level somebody is impaired by it.

And how do you explain Tony S himself confronting guys in moving cars in the past? Was his judgment impaired by pot too?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well good for you.

I still burn the herb or don't you pay attention? Probably more than you do and for way longer. And I'll drive under it's influence without batting an eye. But not booze.

They can tell you have it in your system and to what level. But they do not really know at what level somebody is impaired by it.

And how do you explain Tony S himself confronting guys in moving cars in the past? Was his judgment impaired by pot too?

He's a fucking idiot who is lucky he didn't get his ass run over as well.

Others have brought that up and my reply is simple:

Just because Tony Stewart has done this before doesn't make it any less stupid.

The basic broken down common sense facts are this:

Mary jane. No mary jane. Whatever. If he stays in his car and doesn't go running through a dirt track at night in order to confront a moving vehicle, he's still alive and this thread doesn't exist.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not blame this on weed people. I've been rear ended by another car while high on weed and I didn't get out to confront the driver. I just pulled over, hid my weed, aired out my car, & called the cops.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mary jane. No mary jane. Whatever. If he stays in his car and doesn't go running through a dirt track at night in order to confront a moving vehicle, he's still alive and this thread doesn't exist.

of course it was stupid but doesn't mean he should have died either. this thread does exit and its very long. theres a lot of grey area to be discussed and debated. some of you want this to be a black&white issue. simply not going to happen.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread will get up to 100 pages easy

Last edited by a moderator:

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero chance I would go after him and zero chance I would settle if I was him.

I have no doubt I would be looking for blame and asking every question about how it happened and what should have happened to avoid it. No one questions a parent doing that. However, at some point when you learn the details continuing to blame others for the faults of your own son do not help you grieve, does not bring him back, and only makes things worse for everyone involved around it. It's just vengeance at some point. If the DA brings a grand jury and they find no fault that should be the end of it and would be the end of it if I was in their shoes.

Why should Tony settle and pay anything when he wasn't responsible for this? Just to ease the pain of the family? Hell fucking no. If they want to avoid pain then doing bring yet another legal proceeding for a case that was clearly their own sons fault. Again, they would be doing so ONLY to make him suffer and frankly that's BS. Their kid got high, got mad, and got stupid. Stop trying to make everyone else pay for his stupidity.

lol COME ON MAN.. now you're being stubborn and one sided.
notlistening.gif

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This I agree with.

And like I said I'm not here to hang Stewart. But to blame any of it on the herb is simple sleight of hand....

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol COME ON MAN.. now you're being stubborn and one sided.
notlistening.gif

Not at all. I'm always against this culture of sue the shit out of everything, especially when its out of some emotional need to blame someone for a tragedy. If there was some actual proof that there was wrong doing then sure, sue for compensation, but with absolutely no evidence of any kind bring a civil suit is just another way of lashing out. It's wrong. Period. And would be wrong if it was my family member as well. Wrong is wrong.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that they do.

IDK if that's true in regards to marijuana tho. Different people respond differently to it & building up THC over time might actually make someone build up a tolerance for it. Furthermore, they don't allow research for it in the states so how reliable is the science for determining something like the amount of THC it takes to impair someone's judgement to the extent that they would get out of the car & start walking into traffic (I think road rage had more to do with it than marijuana). I just don't buy that pot had anything to do with this. Then again, I'll admit bias, my experiences with pot haven't been very aggressive, unless you count munchies.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again, I'll admit bias, my experiences with pot haven't been very aggressive, unless you count munchies.

Maybe not aggressive...but perhaps some 'stupid' entered your actions?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if that's true in regards to marijuana tho. Different people respond differently to it & building up THC over time might actually make someone build up a tolerance for it. Furthermore, they don't allow research for it in the states so how reliable is the science for determining something like the amount of THC it takes to impair someone's judgement to the extent that they would get out of the car & start walking into traffic (I think road rage had more to do with it than marijuana). I just don't buy that pot had anything to do with this. Then again, I'll admit bias, my experiences with pot haven't been very aggressive, unless you count munchies.

Don't be confusing these folks with facts.

They prefer preconceived "notions"......

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not aggressive...but perhaps some 'stupid' entered your actions?

Stupid yes but lazy stupid. Not aggressive stupid. Also, I do stupid things when I'm not high as well.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be confusing these folks with facts.

They prefer preconceived "notions"......

Yeah, can't say anything about marijuana is an exact science right now. Not while it's at schedule 1 status.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They actually can tell the levels that result in impairment. They can also tell how recently it was ingested based on the levels. Part of the "tolerance" is based on

No one is saying the marijuana "caused" this. I'm not sure where people who are claiming this are getting that from. What is being said is that he had enough in his system to impair his judgment. If his judgment isn't impaired, perhaps he doesn't allow his anger over being put into the wall to get him out of the car.

Unfortunately, we will never know if being high contributed to him getting out of the car or not because he's not here to tell us. But to know he had it in his system at a high enough level to impair judgment and then claim it had nothing to do with it, is just denial.

There were likely a few factors that got him out of the car. First and foremost was his anger at being put into the wall. There's also the fact that he's a young guy and I'm sure a combination of testosterone and adrenaline contributed to it. Also, Tony Stewart is at a level that Ward was trying to get to. Maybe he thought he could "raise his profile" by coming out on to the track and confronting someone like Stewart. Maybe all of the above brought him to the edge and the marijuana in his system impaired him enough to push him over the edge.

As I said, we'll never know for sure, but to just dismiss out of hand the possibility that marijuana could have played a role is just denial.

Marijuana and Impairment
In A Primer of Drug Action, pharmacologist Robert Julian, MD, PhD, wrote, “ . . . absorption of inhaled drugs is rapid and complete. The onset of behavioral effects of THC in smoked marijuana occurs almost immediately after smoking begins and corresponds with the rapid attainment of peak concentrations in plasma. Unless more is smoked, the effects seldom last longer than 3 to 4 hours.”
In the Journal of Cannabis Therapeutics, Franjo Grotenhermen, MD, wrote, ”Pulmonary [lung] assimilation of inhaled THC causes a maximum plasma concentration within minutes, while psychotropic effects [the “high”] start within seconds to a few minutes, reach a maximum after 15 to 30 minutes, and taper off within 2 or 3 hours.”
In summary, any mental or motor “impairment” is associated with the psychotropic effects (the “high”), and these effects are equally associated with pain relief. When the plasma THC levels return to low-levels at 3 hours and baseline around 4 hours after smoking marijuana, the high resolves, and so too does any impairment. This is important: no impairment after 3 or 4 hours from taking THC.

They can tell how recently it was smoked and know how it works within the body. If the drug test indicates a level that would suggest ingestion within a 3-4 hour time frame, it means likely impairment.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They think they do. And the knee jerk the rest.

Complete attempt at deception in blaming the devil weed that scares so many Chets.

Read the quote in my previous post.

Again, no one is "blaming the devil weed". What is being said is that his judgment was impaired and that may have been a contributing factor. No one is saying it was the only or even main factor. The main factor, imo, was a combination of testosterone, adrenaline and the stupidity of males in their early 20's.

As I shared previously, I smoke it myself (and am enjoying some right now). To deny that impairment from marijuana could have been a contributing factor is simply denying facts.