• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Xbox vs PlayStation thread

PlayStation or Xbox

• Total voters

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Video, Music, Pictures from my home network
Verizon FiOS
xfinity
epix
ESPN
Video marketplace
Xbox Music
Crackle
Arcade games
last.fm
Netflix
Amazon video
hulu
HBO GO
UFC channel
Youtube
IGN
MLB.tv
DailyMotion
CinemaNow
facebook
twitter
Manga
MSNBC
SyFy
Today
Vudu
TMZ
Paramount VOD
iHeart Radio
Vevo
Muzu.TV
Voice Studio

...and more on the way.

I know PS3 has some of these things, but not many, and the ones I've seen are not as easy to use on PS3 as they are XBOX.

And have you seen the "Smart Glass" intergration of smart phones & tablets with movies en sech?

Who plays with that bullshit? No real gamers like it.

It's really fun on the new Tiger Woods. And Kinect intergration goes beyond games specifically made for it, like voice commands for lots of games.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half that shit I've never heard of. I guess it's cool to have a bunch of apps, etc that you wont ever use.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably never heard of it... because you don't have an XBOX.

XBOX as a all-media device & it's dashboard is way better than PS3, it's just a fact. Tell me that PS3's dashboard isn't a clusterfuck.

As far as media goes, PS3's only advantage is the bluray player... but the discs are a thing of the past IMO. Digital & streaming is the way everything is going.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

XBOX as a all-media device & it's dashboard is way better than PS3, it's just a fact. Tell me that PS3's dashboard isn't a clusterfuck.

As far as media goes, PS3's only advantage is the bluray player... but the discs are a thing of the past IMO. Digital & streaming is the way everything is going.

that will suck since streaming quality is pure shit.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

XBOX as a all-media device & it's dashboard it way better than PS3, it's just a fact. Tell me that PS3's dashboard isn't a clusterfuck.

What the hell are you talking about? I get it, you have an XBOX so that is what you like.

The PS3 has those programs or ones similar. The only major ones I see that I would be interested in is the UFC one and the HBO one. But seriously, you're promoting the Xbox based on shit like TMZ and iHeart radio? Nobody cares.

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get your xbox for gaming.. For xbox live.. You do not get it for ihearadio and TMZ and bull shit like that..

If you really wanted all of that, a PS3 would really be your best bet, and the Dash Board isn't a clusterfuck.

Btw I prefer 360.. Just some of the shit being spewed is just :L

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell are you talking about? I get it, you have an XBOX so that is what you like.

The PS3 has those programs or ones similar. The only major ones I see that I would be interested in is the UFC one and the HBO one. But seriously, you're promoting the Xbox based on shit like TMZ and iHeart radio? Nobody cares.

Oh my bad, I thought this thread was about the differences between XBOX & PS3. :rolleyes:

Didn't you ask me what it had? I listed them out for you, although I'm sure I missed something and I didn't list the stuff scheduled to come out soon.

Why did you bypass the dashboard question? Is it because you know it sucks? Pick up an Xbox & flip through the dashboard, far more intuitive. The setup of the PS3 is janky at best.

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ps3 setup is just as good as the most updated xbox dashboard kernel.

I actually preferred Dashboard 13604 (the 2nd xbox dashboard)

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS3's setup is like a bunch of pull down menus. I don't like it, it's not nearly as easy to navigate as the newest XBOX dashboard.

... and if you have kinect, you can navigate it via voice command.

Last edited by a moderator:

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, they're both pretty lame imo.

LOL

Yeah, the voice commands with the Kinect are about the coolest thing so far - but it has potential.

Tiger Woods is pretty fun on it, but shit, you're tired as hell after a full round on it. I damn near tore my rotator cuff.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my bad, I thought this thread was about the differences between XBOX & PS3. :rolleyes:

Didn't you ask me what it had? I listed them out for you, although I'm sure I missed something and I didn't list the stuff scheduled to come out soon.

Why did you bypass the dashboard question? Is it because you know it sucks? Pick up an Xbox & flip through the dashboard, far more intuitive. The setup of the PS3 is janky at best.

I did, but I expected you to leave out the trivial bs. I didn't bypass the dashboard question. The PS3's dashboard is way better, unless you prefer to play dress up with the little avatar:juggle:

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did, but I expected you to leave out the trivial bs. I didn't bypass the dashboard question. The PS3's dashboard is way better, unless you prefer to play dress up with the little avatar:juggle:

Oh... you mean like the actual content that we were talking about?

You obviously have no idea about the XBOX's dashboard.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say I bought the 360 when it was first out and did enjoy it...until I got the red ring of death. Tried to fix it myself, gave up, sent it off for warranty, Microsoft wouldn't fix it because I had tampered with it. At that point, I was like "Fuck Microsoft" and went and bought a PS3. Have been a happy camper since.