• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to start talking draft

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been spoiled with Witten, I doubt a 5th rounder will make us all that happy.
Well how many moer second round tight ends do you want jerry to keep wasting picks on???

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well how many moer second round tight ends do you want jerry to keep wasting picks on???
Well just because so many were wasted in the past doesn't mean I no longer want to find a difference making TE. If a TE is BPA youvtake him regardless of the round.

Reactions: GNG

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well just because so many were wasted in the past doesn't mean I no longer want to find a difference making TE. If a TE is BPA youvtake him regardless of the round.
If they take a tight end in the first round, that would be just dumb.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they take a tight end in the first round, that would be just dumb.
All depends on whos available. Id much prefer DB or DL in the first but if there's nothing left worth the puck and the Bama TE is there he very well may be the BPA.

Reactions: GNG

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends on whos available. Id much prefer DB or DL in the first but if there's nothing left worth the puck and the Bama TE is there he very well may be the BPA.
The Alabama TE would definitely make them look stupid. Who needs a young Jason Witten?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sleep on Rico Gathers!

Romo really likes the guy. I can't find the quote directly, but Romo himself said that Gathers is a beast, he just has to learn the game. According to Romo, in practice while both were running scout team, if Gathers was told exactly what he needed to do and didn't have to think about the X's and O's, the defense could not guard him. Gathers has a long way to go with the playbook, but I have read some things that suggest he puts the hours in at the facility and genuinely wants to be great. We will see.

I'll see if I can track down the quotes from Romo...

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Alabama TE would definitely make them look stupid. Who needs a young Jason Witten?
We have much bigger needs then tight end in the first and second round. It is time to focus on defense now. There will be plenty of defensive players for them in the first round.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have much bigger needs then tight end in the first and second round. It is time to focus on defense now. There will be plenty of defensive players for them in the first round.
About half the players taken in the first two rounds of the draft end up being busts. It's better to take a player you don't have a need for than pay big money to someone who never contributes. I think need should be a tiebreaker. The Cowboys typically only give 16-18 players 1st round grades. I'd hate to see them pass on a non need they have ranked in the top 15 to take a DE or CB they have as a mid 2nd. I don't think that's how they've rebuilt the team. Now, if they have a skill player ranked 18 and a defensive player ranked 20 or 21, maybe you reach, but no more than 2-3 picks IMO

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About half the players taken in the first two rounds of the draft end up being busts. It's better to take a player you don't have a need for than pay big money to someone who never contributes. I think need should be a tiebreaker. The Cowboys typically only give 16-18 players 1st round grades. I'd hate to see them pass on a non need they have ranked in the top 15 to take a DE or CB they have as a mid 2nd. I don't think that's how they've rebuilt the team. Now, if they have a skill player ranked 18 and a defensive player ranked 20 or 21, maybe you reach, but no more than 2-3 picks IMO
I'm beginning to trust the brain trust.
If Smith plays next year...last season goes down as an all time great draft for the modern era.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer a TE in the early rounds.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't take a TE in the first round. But I would take OJ Howard. This is no TE:

bamatd.gif

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. But I would have no problem taking the Alabama TE in rouND 1 if there are no impact defensive ends or DBs when Cowboys are on the clock. Witten has only a few years left now. I agree that the bennett,fasano and Esco bar picks were a complete waste as the HOF TE was obviously the real deal as soon as he first put on the star. There was no reason to draft fasano, trade him and then draft Bennet a month later when we already had the best TE in football. There was no reason to draft Esco bar as I had given him a 7th round grade. A total bust. As soon as swaim took the field it was obvious he was an uprade over escobar

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Howard is there I snatch him in a minute David Njoku out of Miami is the next best TE I take him to over Charlton or Harris. You could also take a late flyer on Jake Butt and redshirt him a year as a blue star special.....

I believe in the board that will be given by Will McClay and company if they will follow it everything will be just fine

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I got Howard and Harris at the top of my wish list. I am torn. Howard would become a match up headache for any defense and would fit what we do on offense. Harris has a tremondous 1st step and is more of a need IMO. I think if we could trade up a would sacrifice a 3rd rounder to get howard.

In retrospect the 2016 draft was amazing. Zeke was the stud I expected. Prescott was a steal. And Collins was very disruptive. Brown came in and we found a potential shut down corner if he continues to improve. If jaylon returns to form? I do believe that tapper played out of position in college and is going to hurt some qbs. Mcclay is killing it

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Howard is there I snatch him in a minute David Njoku out of Miami is the next best TE I take him to over Charlton or Harris. You could also take a late flyer on Jake Butt and redshirt him a year as a blue star special.....

I believe in the board that will be given by Will McClay and company if they will follow it everything will be just fine
You do not take Howard if a stud defensive player is there.