• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to start talking draft

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy would look pretty good in a Cowboy uniform...

Kills two birds with one stone - dangerous kick returner. Jackson would be one of a handful of guys that would make me very happy come draft night.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kills two birds with one stone - dangerous kick returner. Jackson would be one of a handful of guys that would make me very happy come draft night.
He sure would.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'd be adored.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty excited how the first few rounds of the draft lines up for the Cowboys. Lots of good football players where we need them. Can't wait for April.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be the year to trade a 3rd rounder to move up a little for certain players. I have spent the past week watching games of the potential DE that might be there at 28. The kid that stands out was Taco Charlton. Could this be the year we pull a surprise and take someone way earlier than expected? My candidate is the Villanova DE. Tano Kapponongga or whatever his name is, a freak that marinelli could mold. But in the end Taco Charlton will be an above average DE. Taking Taco and Tanoh back to back in round 1 and 2 would give marinelli some more ammo for the pass rush. My fall back in round 1 is TJ Watt. Watt is the "right kind of guy" and is going to be a great player in the NFL

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be the year to trade a 3rd rounder to move up a little for certain players. I have spent the past week watching games of the potential DE that might be there at 28. The kid that stands out was Taco Charlton. Could this be the year we pull a surprise and take someone way earlier than expected? My candidate is the Villanova DE. Tano Kapponongga or whatever his name is, a freak that marinelli could mold. But in the end Taco Charlton will be an above average DE. Taking Taco and Tanoh back to back in round 1 and 2 would give marinelli some more ammo for the pass rush. My fall back in round 1 is TJ Watt. Watt is the "right kind of guy" and is going to be a great player in the NFL

Only two players I would be interested in trading up for, and that's only if they fall to somewhere around #20. Derek Barnett (DE, Tenn) and Solomon Thomas (DE, Stranford), if one of these two guys fall to somewhere around #20, I would be working the phones trying to find a trade partner. I would be more than happy to package our 1st and 3rd for one of these guys. True difference makers, IMO, we need a bona fide play-maker on the defensive line.

Derek Barnett was ultra productive at Tennessee, against the best competition in college football. Solomon Thomas has drawn comparisons to Aaron Donald. I would hate to give up a 3rd, but I am sick of seeing QBs having all day in the pocket to throw the damn ball, and I think one of these guys could help with that problem.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No on trading up using the 3rd pick to many good players in the draft to do that I'm taking the BPA at 28 an moving forward. If the right deal comes along you might and I say might trade down to early 2nd and pick up a later low 3 or high 4

JMHO

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No on trading up using the 3rd pick to many good players in the draft to do that I'm taking the BPA at 28 an moving forward. If the right deal comes along you might and I say might trade down to early 2nd and pick up a later low 3 or high 4

JMHO

Normally, I would agree with you in this instance. Not this year though. Dallas is very close to something special with this roster, this isn't a 2012 situation where we had no business trading up for Claiborne (because that 2012 team was more than 1 player away from being a real contender).

With the offense currently in place, this defense may only be 2-3 starters away from being a unit that can compete for a championship. And we already may have one of those guys on the roster in Jaylon Smith. In my eyes, Dallas NEEDS a dominant DE and a solid cover CB from this draft - if we have to sacrifice some depth to get one of those pieces then I am all for it.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally, I would agree with you in this instance. Not this year though. Dallas is very close to something special with this roster, this isn't a 2012 situation where we had no business trading up for Claiborne (because that 2012 team was more than 1 player away from being a real contender).

With the offense currently in place, this defense may only be 2-3 starters away from being a unit that can compete for a championship. And we already may have one of those guys on the roster in Jaylon Smith. In my eyes, Dallas NEEDS a dominant DE and a solid cover CB from this draft - if we have to sacrifice some depth to get one of those pieces then I am all for it.
Problem is the draft is a crapshoot, I'd rather roll the dice on two rather than one. If there's ONE guy who they feel is truly a difference maker OK, but we all know there's no sure thing in the draft.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is the draft is a crapshoot, I'd rather roll the dice on two rather than one. If there's ONE guy who they feel is truly a difference maker OK, but we all know there's no sure thing in the draft.

Certainly. I'm perfectly happy to let the brain trust sort it out, as a fan, I trust the judgement these days. And there is plenty of talent that may be available at #28 that I would be perfectly happy with. I would make an exception for Barnett and Thomas though - just saying...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not one to normally trade up, but if they are in love with a pass rusher I won't argue it since it is a huge need and something they've already commented on wanting to upgrade. They have history of doing so recently with Lawrence who they considered the last RDE on the board that they liked, so who knows and the ytried to trade up a lot last year for QBs (example of why you shouldn't trade up maybe). But generally I like to sit back and let the draft fall to them and just take the best player you see when you're on the clock.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The recent history alone from Mizzou DEs makes Harris intriguing to me.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. TO get a dominant DE or corner, I would move up. We are close now. This may be a great year to do it.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure sucks not being 4th again this year.

What number are we?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep looking over the past few drafts - players picked around that number have been a mixed bag. I'm guessing it's like that for most numbers though.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Ross WR , Washington. I have seen a few mocks having us taking him. This kid is going to be a great receiver. Rus a 4.25 40. Runs good routes. Has good hand's and is lethal after the catch. He would be a great #2.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I got:

28: R1P28 TE O.J. HOWARD
ALABAMA
60: R2P28 EDGE DEMARCUS WALKER
FLORIDA STATE
92: R3P28 CB ADOREE' JACKSON