• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to start talking draft

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Adore Jackson falling so much ?
If your question was in regard to how a simulated mock had him fall to the late 3rd, I can't answer that. Very unlikely it happens and I was surprised to see him there. If your question was more generally focused based off what you know or think you know... he is dubbed a better athlete than pure corner. Sometimes you can't shake perception. But then again, he could turn out to be a great cover corner if he focused on only defense. Has all the tools.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your question was in regard to how a simulated mock had him fall to the late 3rd, I can't answer that. Very unlikely it happens and I was surprised to see him there. If your question was more generally focused based off what you know or think you know... he is dubbed a better athlete than pure corner. Sometimes you can't shake perception. But then again, he could turn out to be a great cover corner if he focused on only defense. Has all the tools.

I knew he got hurt in his Bowl game. Wasn't sure how bad.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's exciting to think a healthy Smith will man the middle. I'd like to see more speed added to the defense.

No disagreements from me on that front. I also want some beef in the middle. I think Marinelli did the best he could with what he had and made some guys better than what they actually were so the way I see it, if he had more talent he could coach and scheme our way to the SB.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget about Tapper. He should be able to push T Crawford back into more of aN inside role next year.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Collins did pretty well for a rookie and should get better. I actually really like all those guys on the DLine. Every one of them had an impact at some point in time. Now maybe some were just a few and far between each other, but with them mainly rotating - it's hard to put up monstrous numbers.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is true and your guy Collins looked good many times last season.
Year two for both could be huge leaps forward.
Yep, and with their development along with the vets, I can't see too much change that needs to be made in the interior of our line. Add some speed on the edge and out at corner, along with Smith and possibly improve the depth at LB and we can take the next step on D, which should equate to success in the playoffs.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and with their development along with the vets, I can't see too much change that needs to be made in the interior of our line. Add some speed on the edge and out at corner, along with Smith and possibly improve the depth at LB and we can take the next step on D, which should equate to success in the playoffs.
couldn't agree more.
I sure don't think all the picks need to be on the defensive side of the ball. TE & WR needs help as well.

I'd love to add Garcon if the skins let him slip away

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldn't agree more.
I sure don't think all the picks need to be on the defensive side of the ball. TE & WR needs help as well.

Will be interesting to see what FAs we go after. Hold onto TWilliams or go after Garcon? Its imperative we bring in a corner, but there are limited number of guys who would be a surefire upgrade over Mo. Main one being Stephon Gilmore. I think a new RT will be brought in, along with a low rent G to replace Leary. I could see us add a post-draft LB to the team, maybe a familiar face like Bruce Carter. I want to know what we plan on doing at strong safety. I don't have a feel for what the smart money would do.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldn't agree more.

Garçon reminds me of Dez with his size. I have always liked him.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of points to touch on/respond to...

The problem with this off-season, unless Dallas goes full retard and restructures a bunch of contracts, is that the Cowboys won't have a whole lot of money to spend until after 6/1 - when Romo is traded or released.

Garcon would be great, but can we afford him? Terrance Williams is probably too expensive to keep at $5m a year, I have to imagine Garcon is going to command a substantially higher salary than that. I think Dallas goes cheap here, and looks to draft a WR.

First, I think Dallas drafts a CB and signs one in FA. I would love to have Stephon Gilmore, but that guy is going to get north of $10m per year. The Cowboys will likely be shopping in the $5-6m per year aisle for CB. And that's okay, we can bring back Carr for that kind of money (he was good on the right side this year), or go after a guy like Logan Ryan.

The DLine, IMO, isn't too far off from being a decent unit - just missing that one dominant pass rusher on the weak side. Here's how I see it, the Cowboys need Lawrence to come back healthy and man the LDE spot (where he had good success in 2015). Draft a pass rusher in the 1st (if suitable choice is available, would love to have Solomon Thomas or Derek Barnett). Slide Collins to the 1-tech, move Crawford back to the 3-tech. That leaves Irving, Tapper, and Thornton as backups currently on the roster. Then Dallas could fill in the rest of the depth with guys like Jack Crawford, etc.

Should be a very interesting off-season.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always remember what Al Davis used to say " you cant teach SPEED "

Al Davis before he got really old was a football genius on the field and in the Business Side of Football.

RIP AL

JMHO

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Garçon sees himself as a 1b WR and he really is. That would be a luxury having a guy like that, but if we have Dez, I just don't think the way our offense plays will need another 10 million dollar WR. JMO. Now if we were more of a passing team sure.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRs with a strong work ethic, good receiving skills and willing and effective blocking ability is the target. I don't think a 30 year old Garcon should command 10 mil/yr, and certainly not a guaranteed 10 mil/yr. This team has opted for youth more lately than ever, which is why I don't see them spending money on Garcon. If Garcon wants money and to get back to being a stat filler, Dallas will not be his desired destination. With Dez, Wit and Cole there won't be enough targets to go around to justify a bigger money contract. BUT - if he wants to jump on board with a team needing what he brings, and is willing to leave money on the table for that chance to be on a championship contender, then there is room for him.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRs with a strong work ethic, good receiving skills and willing and effective blocking ability is the target. I don't think a 30 year old Garcon should command 10 mil/yr, and certainly not a guaranteed 10 mil/yr. This team has opted for youth more lately than ever, which is why I don't see them spending money on Garcon. If Garcon wants money and to get back to being a stat filler, Dallas will not be his desired destination. With Dez, Wit and Cole there won't be enough targets to go around to justify a bigger money contract. BUT - if he wants to jump on board with a team needing what he brings, and is willing to leave money on the table for that chance to be on a championship contender, then there is room for him.

Completely agree. Wide receiver is not where the Cowboys should be spending what little free agent money they have. A rookie should be capable of filling the role of #4/5 target on offense.