• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Browns should take Chubb and Barkley

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, it would be unfortunate as Kamara and Hunt are simply a lot better than Fournette.
No, they went to good situations. Wonder how long you'll follow the league without understanding the difference? What a naive evaluation you've committed yourself to.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't suggest that Bortles is the better choice. I just think you're overvaluing Tyrod. Landry is a huge get, and hopefully Gordon stays in the league (much less on the field). Just don't expect any pin point throws into decent coverage. I would expect most of Tyrod's throws to be to Duke and Landry (with some TE sprinkled in).

Tyrod "got them to the playoffs" on a miracle Bengals TD, so let's not overvalue what the Bills did last year (and I am a Bills fan, burned into me from living in Western NY). Sure, he should be much more reliable than Kizer (who I thought was a risky pick last year, especially to start so soon), but that LT hole is a bit scary. Shon does have some talent, but he will have to learn on the job pretty quickly.
That's all I expect from Tyrod. He's not going to be airing it out all over the place, but between Duke, Landry, Gordon, and Njoku, there's no reason to think he can't put up very respectable numbers.

He still got them to the playoffs, and that roster wasn't amazing by any means. LT will be a very serious situation to monitor this summer, for sure. My bet would be (depending on what they do in the draft) that Hubbard starts out at LT.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they went to good situations. Wonder how long you'll follow the league without understanding the difference? What a naive evaluation you've committed yourself to.
Naïve makes Fournette fail to catch passes or stay away from the injury bug? See- you keep trying this tangental nonsense while ignoring the blatantly obvious skills that are independent of the OL and even scheme to a degree; Fournette is a big zero in the passing game and his running ability is hardly transcendent or even elite like say Zeke to even approach justifying a top 5 pick for him. Your argument is basically a meme. What you on about?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all I expect from Tyrod. He's not going to be airing it out all over the place, but between Duke, Landry, Gordon, and Njoku, there's no reason to think he can't put up very respectable numbers.

He still got them to the playoffs, and that roster wasn't amazing by any means. LT will be a very serious situation to monitor this summer, for sure. My bet would be (depending on what they do in the draft) that Hubbard starts out at LT.
If the Browns suck- it's completely on Hue.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Browns suck- it's completely on Hue.

given their draft capital of the last few years, there's no legitimate reason for them to not be a pain in everyone in the AFC's ass for the coming decade.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naïve makes Fournette fail to catch passes or stay away from the injury bug? See- you keep trying this tangental nonsense while ignoring the blatantly obvious skills that are independent of the OL and even scheme to a degree; Fournette is a big zero in the passing game and his running ability is hardly transcendent or even elite like say Zeke to even approach justifying a top 5 pick for him. Your argument is basically a meme. What you on about?
Fournette not being able to catch is a meme. You've fallen for it.:lol:

This is what I mean by your juvenile and naive evaluation. As a part of the Jaguars conservative offense, Fournette caught balls at 8.4 yards per catch. As part of the Chiefs offense with superior coaching, QB play, deep threat and TE to take safeties and linebackers away from the RBs, Hunt caught balls at 8.6 yards per catch.

Furthermore, in Hunt's playoff game he caught 3 balls for 5 yards. What a pass catching weapon! Next you'll tell me Hunt helped the Chiefs win a playoff game!

Fournette can do it all. Even as the sole focus of the defense.:nod:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hue is under the gun here...I don't see him going down without a fight. Taylor is going to get the green light if you will...with this cast of weapons, I think he'll put up decent numbers as well.

LT...as the Bengals founds out last year...it's not easy replacing a long term stud at LT. Hubbard was the swing OT in PIT, but rarely ever played LT...almost always on the right side...unless they have no other alternative, I would keep him on the right side.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is what I mean by your juvenile and naive evaluation. As a part of the Jaguars conservative offense, Fournette caught balls at 8.4 yards per catch. As part of the Chiefs offense with superior coaching, QB play, deep threat and TE to take safeties and linebackers away from the RBs, Hunt caught balls at 8.6 yards per catch.

Furthermore, in Hunt's playoff game he caught 3 balls for 5 yards. What a pass catching weapon! Next you'll tell me Hunt helped the Chiefs win a playoff game!

He has improved his ability to catch. He really wasn't used a whole lot as a receiver in college but he wasn't bad as a rookie. He does have that miscommunication in the playoffs that was pretty costly but...rookie. He'll be fine.

I think I'd rather have Fournette and his spin move than Hunt but its much, much closer than their draft positions suggest it should be. The Chiefs oline had some injury issues halfway through the season and its a miracle that Hunt was as good as he was.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sane people pick Taylor
I'd think so. Yet Bortles was good enough to get you to an AFC title game so I think Taylor is good enough to do the same if you surround him with enough talent. Honestly other than Jax all the top tier AFC teams are old as fuck at a lot of key positions so we are probably only a couple years from Cleveland being a legit contender if they nail these next couple drafts with legit impact guys

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AFC was almost historically weak last year.

I guess my issue is that you're wasting the best rebuilding process the NFL has possibly ever seen. The last GM went all in on rebuilding and your idea is to build the Bills.
No . I just think you can become a better version of the Bills as soon as next year and still have huge cap space if you need to add a QB in a few years. If you take a rookie QB and play him right away you're likely not going to succeed which means you've got way more tough decisions to make next year. I think going Barkley and Chubb is by far the safer bet and the upside isn't that much different either.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd think so. Yet Bortles was good enough to get you to an AFC title game so I think Taylor is good enough to do the same if you surround him with enough talent. Honestly other than Jax all the top tier AFC teams are old as fuck at a lot of key positions so we are probably only a couple years from Cleveland being a legit contender if they nail these next couple drafts with legit impact guys
Texans and Chiefs both started their rebuild last year and I wouldn't sleep on the Texans next year at all possibly being as high as the #2 seed. Broncos look like they took their own rmilia approach with Keenum so they could be in the picture if that works out for them. Colts have a ton of ammo on their rebuild. Raiders and Titans have their core in place and they just need to fill out their weaknesses and get more experienced.

I don't think 'weak' AFC is sticking around. I think that window was just last year and the year before.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has improved his ability to catch. He really wasn't used a whole lot as a receiver in college but he wasn't bad as a rookie. He does have that miscommunication in the playoffs that was pretty costly but...rookie. He'll be fine.

I think I'd rather have Fournette and his spin move than Hunt but its much, much closer than their draft positions suggest it should be. The Chiefs oline had some injury issues halfway through the season and its a miracle that Hunt was as good as he was.
Fournette split out wide a few times at LSU. All of his past coaches liked that part of his game. His high school coach thought he should be a WR (which I don't fully understand, but whatever).

I'm not sure what happened besides his ankle injury, but it seems like just because McCaffrey could catch at a high level people started saying Fournette couldn't catch at all. You experience enough of these draft seasons and you see mistakes like that happen.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've got just as good a shot at hitting on a QB late first or early second as you do top 10.

Historically, this is very wrong. I do believe.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically, this is very wrong. I do believe.
People usually state this wrong, despite the larger point they are trying to make. It's not that they're easier to hit on there (JP Losman, Patrick Ramsey, Jason Campbell, Brady Quinn , etc.) It's that you can find one just as good there (Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees). Which was rmilia's point.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People usually state this wrong, despite the larger point they are trying to make. It's not that they're easier to hit on there (JP Losman, Patrick Ramsey, Jason Campbell, Brady Quinn , etc.) It's that you can find one just as good there (Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees). Which was rmilia's point.

I don't think it's true that QB's in the late-first or 2nd pan out into good/solid NFL QB's at the same rate as early first. Overwhelmingly, if you go year-by-year. The top prospect QB's are typically the ones who have better careers. The QB's at the top of the league right now don't all fit that, but that creates a misleading narrative. That's somewhat of an outlier over the course of history.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You using RPC for RB's now? You're a strange one.

Hunt had 455 receiving yards despite having many receptions poached by guys such as Akeem Hunt and Charcandrick West. The team fwiw has already said they want to expand his role in the receiving game; he was taken off the field for West's pass pro a lot as just mentioned. If anything Hunt was really underutilized given what he has shown to be able to do in the passing game. Gurley is an example of what I am thinking of.

Fournette had 302 receiving yards

Fournette won't do this in a million tries:

huntin.0.gif

It's not like it's some incredible skill either:

Here's Spencer Ware running a post route:

FOslEOO.gif

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No . I just think you can become a better version of the Bills as soon as next year and still have huge cap space if you need to add a QB in a few years. If you take a rookie QB and play him right away you're likely not going to succeed which means you've got way more tough decisions to make next year. I think going Barkley and Chubb is by far the safer bet and the upside isn't that much different either.

So, you have the Browns potentially winning 10 games next year? If so, the Browns will be looking for their franchise QB next year in the bottom 3rd of the 1st round if they follow your plan and skip QB in this year's first round. Not a high success rate there.

WHEN they take a rookie QB in the top 5, he's still not going to start the season (and could sit all season).