• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Browns should take Chubb and Barkley

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the world are people still defending the Fournette pick after Hunt and Kamara blew him out of the water?
Easy to play RB in those offenses. Heck Kamara didn't even have the most touches on his own team. Fournette had a much harder task.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_myt3wdPnbY1ra90n2o1_250.gif

Look at Reggie White getting a sack. I was wrong- he's elite.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not catching passes is a hard task for Fournette, I agree.
In those offenses it's easier to do everything. Andy Reid, Sean Payton, Drew Brees, Tyreek Hill, mother fucking offensive fire power, have you ever heard of any of these things? They are all post-diapers for you. No excuses.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In those offenses it's easier to do everything. Andy Reid, Sean Payton, Drew Brees, Tyreek Hill, mother fucking offensive fire power, have you ever heard of any of these things? They are all post-diapers for you. No excuses.
Being penalized for modern offensive design? Rigged as fuck I say.

So Marrone is still a terrible offensive coach. Throw in the towel, Jags fans. Another rebuild year coming up.

Dat Chiefs offense though is gonna be fire.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUF imo, never trusted Taylor with the keys to the OFC. If you're afraid of your QB failing, you typically will call a conservative game plan which imo make an average QB look worse than they really are.

Tyrod is afraid of Tyrod failing. He would rather throw the ball away (or more likely tuck and run) than throw into a tight window. This is the NFL; tight windows are typically all you have to work with. QBs have to be able to throw a receiver open, not wait for a wide open receiver. Tyrod's stats actually make him look better than he is (low INT percentage, completion percentage). The Bills could remain mediocre with Tyrod or make a move to try to get better.

Bills play conservative because most (if not all) of their offensive talent is in the running game and they have a former defensive coordinator as head coach. How many current NFL head coaches that were defensive coordinators have aggressive offenses?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrod in a heartbeat. He's the perfect QB right now for Cleveland in terms of ball protection. The biggest reason Cleveland didn't win last year was horrible QB play, especially in the RZ, as they led the NFL in RZ turnovers. Taylor will have plenty of options to help move the ball and won't be relied on to be a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

Depends on who his LT, RT, and starting RB are. Cleveland's biggest problem last year may have been horrible QB play, but missing Joe Thomas is going to be hard to get past this year. Factor in that the OT draft class is pretty weak (without one worthy of a top 5 pick) and Tyrod isn't going to be the magic elixir to the Browns' offensive problems.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you guys take as your QB if your choices were Taylor or Bottles??

Taylor, but I would be drafting a QB ASAP (and as early in the draft as possible) in either case.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrod is afraid of Tyrod failing. He would rather throw the ball away (or more likely tuck and run) than throw into a tight window. This is the NFL; tight windows are typically all you have to work with. QBs have to be able to throw a receiver open, not wait for a wide open receiver. Tyrod's stats actually make him look better than he is (low INT percentage, completion percentage). The Bills could remain mediocre with Tyrod or make a move to try to get better.

Bills play conservative because most (if not all) of their offensive talent is in the running game and they have a former defensive coordinator as head coach. How many current NFL head coaches that were defensive coordinators have aggressive offenses?

Hoody

Bowles I'd argue

Pagano was more reckless than anything, and fired, but I'll list him as well

Dan Quinn

Mike Tomlin

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's a great shot the giants take Barkley which is why you take him first. I don't see them taking Chubb though.

Giants could very well take Chubb if Barkley is off the board. First year coaches are loathe to spend their best draft choice on a QB that is unlikely to help them this year, especially with a 2x Super Bowl winning QB still on the roster (even if he's bordering on done).

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being penalized for modern offensive design? Rigged as fuck I say.

So Marrone is still a terrible offensive coach. Throw in the towel, Jags fans. Another rebuild year coming up.

Dat Chiefs offense though is gonna be fire.
Penalized for modern offensive design?

What the fuck are you on about? Andy Reid and Sean Payton have had successful RBs nearly every single year they've ever coached. 30 seasons of football. That they each have another is nothing special. Each would have had a great year out of Fournette if either was fortunate enough to land him. You are arguing out your ass now.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on who his LT, RT, and starting RB are. Cleveland's biggest problem last year may have been horrible QB play, but missing Joe Thomas is going to be hard to get past this year. Factor in that the OT draft class is pretty weak (without one worthy of a top 5 pick) and Tyrod isn't going to be the magic elixir to the Browns' offensive problems.
That definitely wouldn't mean Bortles is the better choice. If anything, that would further push the idea that Taylor is the better choice.

You don't have to have an elite LT to win in the NFL, thankfully. Hell, Buffalo started a rookie there last year and Tyrod got them to the playoffs. McCoy is better than Hyde and likely whomever we draft, but every other option on Cleveland is better at the skill positions. Also, we still have an elite interior OL, and that's going to be more important with an offense built around the running game. I expect Tyrod to end the year with similar numbers to his 2015 Buffalo season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoody

Bowles I'd argue

Pagano was more reckless than anything, and fired, but I'll list him as well

Dan Quinn

Mike Tomlin

...and how many of them have mediocre QBs? None (I'm going to ignore that Jets aggressive offense idea lol). Matt Ryan, Ben, Brady, and Luck.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That definitely wouldn't mean Bortles is the better choice. If anything, that would further push the idea that Taylor is the better choice.

You don't have to have an elite LT to win in the NFL, thankfully. Hell, Buffalo started a rookie there last year and Tyrod got them to the playoffs. McCoy is better than Hyde and likely whomever we draft, but every other option on Cleveland is better at the skill positions. Also, we still have an elite interior OL, and that's going to be more important with an offense built around the running game. I expect Tyrod to end the year with similar numbers to his 2015 Buffalo season.

I didn't suggest that Bortles is the better choice. I just think you're overvaluing Tyrod. Landry is a huge get, and hopefully Gordon stays in the league (much less on the field). Just don't expect any pin point throws into decent coverage. I would expect most of Tyrod's throws to be to Duke and Landry (with some TE sprinkled in).

Tyrod "got them to the playoffs" on a miracle Bengals TD, so let's not overvalue what the Bills did last year (and I am a Bills fan, burned into me from living in Western NY). Sure, he should be much more reliable than Kizer (who I thought was a risky pick last year, especially to start so soon), but that LT hole is a bit scary. Shon does have some talent, but he will have to learn on the job pretty quickly.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penalized for modern offensive design?

What the fuck are you on about? Andy Reid and Sean Payton have had successful RBs nearly every single year they've ever coached. 30 seasons of football. That they each have another is nothing special. Each would have had a great year out of Fournette if either was fortunate enough to land him. You are arguing out your ass now.
Nah, it would be unfortunate as Kamara and Hunt are simply a lot better than Fournette.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair points...sounds a little like Alex Smith from your description...some of it was self inflicted. FWIW...don't blame BUF at all...we'll see what Hue can do with him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Taylor has already proven he can get a team with limited talent to the playoffs. I think if you take Barkley and Chubb you can safely say the talent in Cleveland will be better than it was in Buffalo last year.
The AFC was almost historically weak last year.

I guess my issue is that you're wasting the best rebuilding process the NFL has possibly ever seen. The last GM went all in on rebuilding and your idea is to build the Bills.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants could very well take Chubb if Barkley is off the board. First year coaches are loathe to spend their best draft choice on a QB that is unlikely to help them this year, especially with a 2x Super Bowl winning QB still on the roster (even if he's bordering on done).

IDK if they will....JPP was let go in part for salary reasons I suppose, but also scheme fit...reportedly heading to a 34 front...Chubb is most definitely a 43 edge....that didn't stop HOU with Clowney, and it eventually worked out, so you never know.