• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TEBOW SUCKS!!!

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morris was undrafted and was cut from the Jags practice squad. So that makes him more qualified than Tebow?This is a continuation of always pre-judging Tebow. He has not had a fair chance to start and play regular since Denver. Tebow should try to play in Canada. I think that is his best chance to display what he can really do. I agree with most of Deerpathdaves posts. It is a futile argument with those who dislike Tebow.

Tebow was always a bad QB. That should go without saying. I am not sure how you can say he was not given a fair chance to start. He was invited to training camp right? The Eagles were his 4th team. He has been to training camp with 4 different teams and not once has be beaten out he starter. In 2011 he was the backup to Kyle Orton who is nothing more than a career backup. Tebow started that last 3 games of the 2010 season after Orton was benched. Comes back the following season and still could not beat him out.

The #3 QB is almost always for a developmental QB. It is a player that never suits up for a game.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thought came to me after I submitted my post. Since I cannot edit I had to enter a new post.

It amazes me how Tebow fans believe he should be given a shot as a starter without actually winning the job.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tebow was some joe pulled from the stands with no practice, that is a respectable preseason. For an experienced veteran, it is not remotely respectable.

He should respect himself and move to TE.
Who said he can block or catch?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he has a better shot at developing as a TE than he does as a QB.
He never played the position and never showed he can block or catch. He would be better as a RB.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow doesn't suck he cant play quarterback(cant throw accurately), if he could get it through his thick head to change positions a team will sign him. TE could be that position

sorry didn't see the above post....It doesn't take anything to teach him to block, I know he can catch.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morris was undrafted and was cut from the Jags practice squad. So that makes him more qualified than Tebow?
This is a continuation of always pre-judging Tebow. He has not had a fair chance to start and play regular since Denver. Tebow should try to play in Canada. I think that is his best chance to display what he can really do.
I agree with most of Deerpathdaves posts. It is a futile argument with those who dislike Tebow.

Yeah I agree my arguments are futile. These guys have bought into the argument that Tebow is a bad QB.

While Tebowmania is a strange phenoema as Wings points out, it is ultimately a harmless endeavor of emotional people rooting for a good man.

The backlash of anti-Tebowmania that you see seems to have turned into nearly as large a force. Its easy for the Anti-Tebowmania people to simply laugh off the emotional bible thumpers as Wings calls them and move on. It seems very hard for them though to deal with the very small number of us who look at Tebow's career more objectively. It seems to drive these guys nuts that a logical, secular trained and thinking individual could appreciate Tebow for how he plays football. The idea that Tebow may actually be good at football seems to drive them batty. Why is that?

To me there is something almost evil and sinister feeling about those that mock Tim Tebow. Josh Innes IMO sounds like the biggest douche for the way he has talked Tebow for the last week. I am guessing that most of the Tebowmania haters don't feel that way. They take moral shelter from their mocking in the solace that they have the intellectual high ground of simply observing factually that Tebow is bad at football. But suppose Tebow is actually a good football player? That intellectual cover for their mocking comments or thoughts is pulled away and now they start to feel mean and dirty for what they have said. Well, you can't have that, so they argue more strenuously and more emotionally that Tebow is a bad football player. So the whole argument now gets very personal. To accept the argument that Tebow may be good is to accept the idea that some things said may be not only intellectually wrong, but morally repugnant....

Just a theory, and I am sure everyone has their own reasons..

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly did Tebow a favor by cutting him. Tebow has a chance to go to Canadian football and show what he can do.
Tebow would be smart to do this. He can play the game he loves and show that he can be a great QB. IMO.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest I only went to look at the teams the Bronco's played in 2011. Trying to see what was it about that season that made Tebow so special. Then I looked and saw the Bronco's finished only 8-8 with a schedule full of average and bad teams. So I decided to just go ahead and post it along with the ignored numbers.

The one thing that speaks volumes is how DPD the guy that has thrown stat on top of stat in this thread completely ignored the post.

Yes, I couldn't help but notice that as well.

A lot of people honestly give him garbage for rational, so I can't blame DPD for his reactions to most of them. But when someone actually answers his Question and he just ignores those points to instead harp on the non-rational rebuttals, he loses credibility and sympathy from the independent onlookers as well. Looks like he just wants to believe what he wants, and enjoys the argument more than truly wanting to see. But in his defense, the "he sucks" rebuttals (which wings is king at) is truly void of any rational at all.

I think Telow should truly go to the CFL or arena football.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Religions a powerful thing. My fiancés family they all love Tebow, all hard core Christians and they love him just for that reason and that reason alone. They don't care that he isn't a good qb they look at him as a son of God spreading the good word. That is why he is so heavily followed. He could run for president, he wouldn't be without a large following I can tell you that. DPD worships him, as do many others.

you do realize that Elvis Presley had a huge write in vote for president in his day. "popularity" (whether religious, a mob, or anything else) has no bearing on actual truth. There was a time the popular thought was the world was flat. have you ever stopped to realize how often you use a popularity argument as proof yourself?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree my arguments are futile. These guys have bought into the argument that Tebow is a bad QB.

Bought into the argument? What makes you come to that conclusion? I personally did not buy into any argument myself. I based my opinion on what I have seen from Tebow and ALL his stats. Tim Tebow has never been a good QB not even in Denver. You threw a few stats out there but also ignored a lot. When you look at the entire picture and not just the stats in comparison for a #3 job it is easy to see how bad he is.

It seems very hard for them though to deal with the very small number of us who look at Tebow's career more objectively.

Your argument is flawed because in your mind everyone that does not think Tebow is a good or could be a good QB is not being objective. If we say he sucks as a QB we hate Tebow. You are assuming we are making this based on personal feelings about Tebow but you cannot show anything that supports that.

It seems to drive these guys nuts that a logical, secular trained and thinking individual could appreciate Tebow for how he plays football.

This sounds like something you would hear in a college philosophy class. I am not nor do I recall anyone else saying there is something wrong with appreciating the way Tebow plays football. That is fine but this is the NFL and his stye of football does not equate to success. Sure they won games in Denver but that does not mean it was because of him. No need to really harp on that here. I addressed that in another post. Feel free to reply to that if you want.

Here is his draft profile from NFL.com NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Tim Tebow

In this profile it talks about how he is one of the best college QB's of all time. It also mentions that he will need a lot of retraining when he gets to an NFL Training camp. His struggles are career killers in the NFL. The very slow release (which he did work on) and his inability to read defenses. His draft profile mentions that he struggled even in college with reading defenses.

The idea that Tebow may actually be good at football seems to drive them batty. Why is that?

This is where your twisting words. Who here says Tebow would not be good at football? I can't think of a single person. There are a lot of people here that says he is not nor will he ever be a good Quarterback. I think Tebow could have a great career in another position.

so they argue more strenuously and more emotionally that Tebow is a bad football player. So the whole argument now gets very personal. To accept the argument that Tebow may be good is to accept the idea that some things said may be not only intellectually wrong, but morally repugnant....

There is that bad "football player" argument again. Tebow is a bad Quarterback. One of the worst IMO and his stats show that. Being great in college does not equate to success in the NFL.

Some interesting tidbits I found about Heisman Trophy Winners:

27 QB's have won the Heisman. Only RGIII has career rating above 90.

Only 4 Heisman winning QB's have winning NFL records.

Only 2 Heisman winning QB's led the NFL in passing. It has not been done since 1950

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I couldn't help but notice that as well.

A lot of people honestly give him garbage for rational, so I can't blame DPD for his reactions to most of them. But when someone actually answers his Question and he just ignores those points to instead harp on the non-rational rebuttals, he loses credibility and sympathy from the independent onlookers as well. Looks like he just wants to believe what he wants, and enjoys the argument more than truly wanting to see. But in his defense, the "he sucks" rebuttals (which wings is king at) is truly void of any rational at all.

I think Telow should truly go to the CFL or arena football.

In several of these Tebow threads we have covered the 2011 Bronco's season game by game completely. I simply lack the time and energy to go into it in detail every time Philly Green goes into it again. You will notice that Philly makes the case than Tebow was a below average STARTER on that team. Also, not the worst. So even with his willfully ignoring the positive stats, Tebow still rates in the below average starter range in the NFL for his one substantial season. Isn't that a pretty good record for a guy competing for 3rd string?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In several of these Tebow threads we have covered the 2011 Bronco's season game by game completely. I simply lack the time and energy to go into it in detail every time Philly Green goes into it again. You will notice that Philly makes the case than Tebow was a below average STARTER on that team. Also, not the worst. So even with his willfully ignoring the positive stats, Tebow still rates in the below average starter range in the NFL for his one substantial season. Isn't that a pretty good record for a guy competing for 3rd string?

I did ignore the positive stats. They were discussed in this thread. I even replied to them. I am merely point out the stats you ignore and still have not responded to.

Nice try though.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction: I did NOT ignore the positive stats.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While Tebowmania is a strange phenoema as Wings points out, it is ultimately a harmless endeavor of emotional people rooting for a good man.

The backlash of anti-Tebowmania that you see seems to have turned into nearly as large a force. Its easy for the Anti-Tebowmania people to simply laugh off the emotional bible thumpers as Wings calls them and move on. It seems very hard for them though to deal with the very small number of us who look at Tebow's career more objectively. It seems to drive these guys nuts that a logical, secular trained and thinking individual could appreciate Tebow for how he plays football. The idea that Tebow may actually be good at football seems to drive them batty. Why is that?

To me there is something almost evil and sinister feeling about those that mock Tim Tebow. Josh Innes IMO sounds like the biggest douche for the way he has talked Tebow for the last week. I am guessing that most of the Tebowmania haters don't feel that way. They take moral shelter from their mocking in the solace that they have the intellectual high ground of simply observing factually that Tebow is bad at football. But suppose Tebow is actually a good football player? That intellectual cover for their mocking comments or thoughts is pulled away and now they start to feel mean and dirty for what they have said. Well, you can't have that, so they argue more strenuously and more emotionally that Tebow is a bad football player. So the whole argument now gets very personal. To accept the argument that Tebow may be good is to accept the idea that some things said may be not only intellectually wrong, but morally repugnant....

Just to clarify we don't hate Tebow. We hate the Tebow apologist butt boys who can't face facts when they are staring them in the face. And the fact is every NFL coach who gave him a chance, and he has had far more chamces than his ability deserved, have concluded that the guy can't play.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to clarify we don't hate Tebow. We hate the Tebow apologist butt boys who can't face facts when they are staring them in the face. And the fact is every NFL coach who gave him a chance, and he has had far more chamces than his ability deserved, have concluded that the guy can't play.

There is no reason to clarify (or insult for that matter). I have never suggested anyone hates Tebow. I have been very careful to always refer to it as anti-Tebowmania. I understand he is unemployed. I am sure that makes all the Anti-Tebowmania types very happy. I also understand who had the better preseason and who has had the better career. Nothing changes that.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Tim Tebow showed he can beat out a QB for a spot on a team that never suits up and that means something?

DPD I am not sure what your actual argument is now to be honest. Personally I do not feel that Barkley or Tebow deserved to be on a team. I don't even think Barkley should be the #3 QB for the Cardinals if I am being truthful. To brag about having being nothing more than a practice squad QB is not something I would want to do but hey to each his own.

Your arguments are all over the place. You twist any decent stat that Tebow has to make him something he is not. At one point instead of looking at everything you took a 7 game stretch and ignored the rest of the games he played in. You only took a sampling that would show something good and purposely ignored anything that would make Tebow look bad. Then you have the nerve to say that other people are ignoring the good stats. Nothing could be further from the truth. We are not ignoring the good stats. Many have replied with rebuttals even bringing up the bad to make an entire assessment with ALL the information. You routinely ignore those posts.

I honestly found some of your comments ludicrous such as your comment that Tebow should have a long career as a backup but teams don't want the distraction of his fame in a backup player. You took it even further saying teams do not want to tailor their play to his skill set. Who in the hell creates their offense around a backup QB? How dumb is that?

In another post you mention the incredible season he had with the Broncos and said that his only real negative stat from that season was his completion percentage. Several of us have debunked that and you have ignore every single post about it. You also like to throw in his rushing stats but never mention his fumble issues.

You claim that you never suggested anyone was a hater but called me a hater in this thread (see post #67)

germanjohn

Splendiferous Puddin' Pop
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I love is how his supporters act like Tebow's being slighted somehow because of his religious views and the polarizing effect that brings to the program. This guy was given a multitude of opportunities, a good portion of them NOT in a QB role. He would make an excellent runningback/slot receiver, but insisted that he play QB. He went out to a QB coach who spoke (very tentatively at best) about his "improvement", and then can't crack the lineup for a team whose coach runs the option. Trust me, I'm taking the opinion of football geniuses over your average Tebow supporter. This guy sucks, plain and simple.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he has won a couple games in the NFL. I guess the question is. How much better is or worse is Tebow that the other QB's that have only one 1 playoff game. Granted some of these are old timers but there a lot of names on this list that I would rather have than Tebow.

101 Glenn Presnell 1 1 0 1.000
Lions*
101 Irv Comp * 1 1 0 1.000
Packers*
1944 [74]
101 Paul Christman * 1 1 0 1.000
Cardinals*
1947 [75]
101 Bill Wade 1 1 0 1.000
Bears*
105 Gifford Nielsen 1 1 0 1.000 Oilers
106 Carl Brumbaugh 2 1 1 .500