• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TEBOW SUCKS!!!

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said this since this guy came out of college. He is a disgrace to the QB position. He is a 1 read QB, once that read isn't there his eyes drop and he looks to run. He has guys wide open and he can't hit them. This is an absolute disgrace if he makes this team over Barkley. Matt Barkley looks like an NFL QB, be it a backup or whatever he at least looks the part. He goes through his progression, and delivers a good catchable ball. You have to think hey something happens to Bradford, suddenly Sanchez is your starter the rest of the way, and TEBOW is your backup??? HELL FUCKIN NO! We don't need him for some gadget plays either, this team doesn't need gadget plays, they are so well coached, and have so much talent on offense, we don't need to rely on any Gadget plays. These people going nuts for Tebow at the games are either women that want his nut sack or bible thumpers, because no football educated person is going nuts for a guy trying to play QB that has absolutely no skill set whatsoever.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was a fan but it's over. We have a ton of real talent for gadget plays. I see no need for Tebow anymore.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Barkley career stats.

30-50 300 yards 0 TDs, 4 INTs. 43.7 QBR

Tim Tebow Career Stats.

173-361 2422 yards 17 TDs, 9 INTs. 75.3 QBR
197 rushes for 989 yards and 12 TDs.

Really don't get the Barkley love or the Tebow hate.

Barkley simply doesn't seem to have it, while Tebow is a decent Read Option QB, no one will ever mistake for Peyton Manning. As a third stringer, Tebow is tops in the league. You won't find a better third stringer on any NFL team.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DPD you Wouldn't have a clue, your blinded by the black book, I understand.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When DB fell in the WR was wide open in the End Zone Tebow had already decided to run the ball. I think everyone else in the world that was watching was thinking touchdown. That just shows his eyes are downfield and he is not an NFL QB.

I have been really hard on Barkley but he has played really well in the last two games. We will see how the rest of the Pre Season goes but I hope the Tebow experiment is over.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not NFL Quarterback. That simple.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DPD you Wouldn't have a clue, your blinded by the black book, I understand.

Wings, I happen to agree with you on the women and bible thumper things. I cringe at alot of what these people say. But their interest has also created a huge group of Tebow Haters who are essentially hedonistic guys that don't want religion or women encroaching on their football time (Leave both of them in their proper place). The Tebow Haters are IMO just as bad and sometimes worse than the Tebow lovers.

Both groups aren't taking a fair look at the man's football game, which while unconventionable by NFL standards has also been effective by just about any measure. His 75.3 lifetime Quarterback Rating, while not up to starter standards, is nothing to be ashamed of, and when you augment it with his rushing yardage, you get an effective player.

I can't help but notice that you seem to have missed his nice little 26 yard run last night, or his TD last week. I suspect you have a little of the Tebow Hater going on inside of you and aren't taking an entirely balanced view of his abilities.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings, I happen to agree with you on the women and bible thumper things. I cringe at alot of what these people say. But their interest has also created a huge group of Tebow Haters who are essentially hedonistic guys that don't want religion or women encroaching on their football time (Leave both of them in their proper place). The Tebow Haters are IMO just as bad and sometimes worse than the Tebow lovers.

Both groups aren't taking a fair look at the man's football game, which while unconventionable by NFL standards has also been effective by just about any measure. His 75.3 lifetime Quarterback Rating, while not up to starter standards, is nothing to be ashamed of, and when you augment it with his rushing yardage, you get an effective player.

I can't help but notice that you seem to have missed his nice little 26 yard run last night, or his TD last week. I suspect you have a little of the Tebow Hater going on inside of you and aren't taking an entirely balanced view of his abilities.
I didn't miss anything, Stevie Wonder can see this guy sucks! He is not an NFL QB period... Matt Barkley is. Matt Barkley has not had much of a chance, where TEBOW has! Tebow has been on several different teams and cut and or traded from all of them. There is a reason for that! He Sucks! Tebow is a nice athlete, but an NFL QB he is not.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless of course Chip Kelly is switching his offense to the Veer.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless of course Chip Kelly is switching his offense to the Veer.

Your heading down the right path here. When you look at Tebow as a conventional QB, he comes up short, where if you look at him for what he does well, its a little different.

Really though, this is more about Barkley not fulfilling his potential than about Tebow. When you spend a 4th round pick on a guy who was once thought of as the best QB in the nation, you hope that he develops into a competent backup and perhaps a starter.

This offseason when the Eagles opted to resign Sanchez was the first really good indicator that Barkley wasn't well thought of by the Eagles. You don't do out and spend $5M+ on a backup QB if you think Barkley is ready for the job. And after 2 years, Barkley should have been ready. And if you don't trust the guy to be your number 2, why are you keeping him as your number 3? Do you really think a third year in the system is going to be the difference?

Now you have Parks from NJ.com tracking every throw in practice and according to him, Barkley has thrown more INTs than all the others combined. Add in that it seems that every other week, there is a new report out that the Eagles are willing to trade Barkley. Even last night, the word from ESPN is the reason Barkley got the 3rd quarter was to showcase him for a trade.

So it seems very clear that the Eagles don't want Barkley and don't think he can be even an effective number 2.

So in that rare chance that Bradford and Sanchez both go down, why not have a Tim Tebow as the option? He saved Denver's season a couple of years ago despite his limitations and won a playoff game against the best defense in the league. Find another 3rd string QB with that on his resume.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave's comments are true. Chip is hoping to trade Barkley for a decent draft pick. Chip knew him from competing against him in college. He knows that he is very limited - doesn't have a strong arm. I like Barkley a lot as a person, as do most like Tebow, but if Sam and Sanchez both go down, we're in trouble with either of these 2 guys, as are any other team. We have the luxury of having a decent backup in Sanchez. Most other teams have no good B/U.

This has nothing to do with the fans liking or disliking either guy. As a matter of fact - all 4 of our QB's claim to be Christians. Rob Maadi, the Inquirer writer, has written a book about some top NFL stars that are believers.

The bottom line is, can any player on a roster, be good enough to play in the NFL? That will be up to Chip as far as the Eagles are concerned.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both suck. Why try and argue for either side.

Tebow was an awesome college QB (possibly one of the best ever), but that don't mean it translates to the NFL and it's offenses. It doesn't. Great guy but terrible NFL QB.

Barkley was a waste of a pick then and he still is. Some loved the pick cause he was so good at USC. He's terrible to.

Don't matter. If we have to depend on the 3rd stringer, we are toast anyways.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nearly half the teams in the league don't even keep a third stringer...those that do often have a young guy they are developing...not someone they trust yet to play in a game. It wouldn't surprise me if the Eagles do the same this year. They can always go out and resign Barkley or Tebow if they have an injury.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley looks pretty damn good actually.....He looks like at worst a Legit NFL backup.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We probably trade Barkley for a 5th or 6th rd pick and the kid goes on to be an average NFL QB, when we could at least had him as a backup. The Tebow nonsense is just that, nonsense. He sucks.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was a fan but it's over. We have a ton of real talent for gadget plays. I see no need for Tebow anymore.
"TEBOW TIME"... :dhd: