• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Starfield

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
game saves editing arent mods thats hacking. Mods are changing the game itself.
But if you have saved a game with a mod that is broken via a patch, your save file could be CORRUPTED (autocorrect got me in my last post)

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you have saved a game with a mod that is broken via a patch, your save file could be CORRUPTED (autocorrect got me in my last post)
Ive seen saved games become corrupted when you remove a mod, after saving, but havent seen it happen before a mod. Doesnt mean it cant, but for the most Part modding the game is not discouraged and the patches are few and far between, when companies allow modding, they tend not to break the game with patches. I usually see game breaking patches on games that arent modded. If youre modding you should be capable of backing up your game saves.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have gold and started playing the first day it was available without having to pay $30 for the early week of access.

I lost interest last week right after I go to the part with....
making the big decision about who to side with or go on your own. it's just boring and clunky to me. Hoping Bethesda gets the Fallout 4 patch they've been promising forever done soon. I'll actually play that one.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been too scatterbrained. I have just recently decided to bum-rush the main story since I have seen too many youtubers emphatically recommending doing the main story first and to concentrate on it.

I have gotten to the first point where I see what they are talking about. My current focus is knocking out more of those benchmarks asap.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question for those who are further along than I am. I have a question about the end of the main quest line…

I am currently at NASA. I expect to to have that cleared this evening.

I have attempted to avoid spoilers, but from YT thumbnails and article headlines, I THINK that you have the option to basically start the game over when you finish the main story by traveling to an alternate universe, thus getting the dead follower back (Sam for me). This is why I have made the decision to basically stop my advancement of all other stories until I get to this point, because any advancement I get before this point will be reset and is wasted time.

Without spoiling anything, is my understanding correct? Should I continue on my current strategy, or is not as drastic as I expect?