• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Starfield

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This game looks like it will be a once in a generation game, that will change the industry and won't be able to replicated.

September 6th can't come fast enough.

I haven't purchased a game day one in forever

this one I will

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gamespot and IGN both gave Starfield a 7 out of 10. A few outlets are calling it an achievement and one of the best games ever made.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gamespot and IGN both gave Starfield a 7 out of 10. A few outlets are calling it an achievement and one of the best games ever made.

I don’t know much about the game but could this be another No Man’s Sky situation where everyone lauded the game as impressive but it was bare bones when it launched?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know much about the game but could this be another No Man’s Sky situation where everyone lauded the game as impressive but it was bare bones when it launched?

even the 7 out of 10s are calling it deep. Sounds like some stuff may be tedious

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briefly looking at 4 different reviews without getting spoilers, the gist I'm getting is that its a much better 'Outer Worlds' and doesn't directly compete with No Man's Sky or some of the other space sandboxes.

Gman's review mentioned making it 50+ hours through the game and there were some bugs but the game never crashed once which really shocked him. Seemed to say that it was easily the best game he'd played this year. Seen a couple of reviews suggest that its Bethesda's best game.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briefly looking at 4 different reviews without getting spoilers, the gist I'm getting is that its a much better 'Outer Worlds' and doesn't directly compete with No Man's Sky or some of the other space sandboxes.

Gman's review mentioned making it 50+ hours through the game and there were some bugs but the game never crashed once which really shocked him. Seemed to say that it was easily the best game he'd played this year. Seen a couple of reviews suggest that its Bethesda's best game.
I liked The Outer Worlds a lot, so if it’s basically anything near that quality and more of it I’ll be happy. I wish Bethesda and Obsidian would’ve worked together on this project, I think it would have been a game for the ages.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked The Outer Worlds a lot, so if it’s basically anything near that quality and more of it I’ll be happy. I wish Bethesda and Obsidian would’ve worked together on this project, I think it would have been a game for the ages.
The gist Im getting is that its higher quality, much longer, but more of a slow burn.

Think McFly Think

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gist Im getting is that its higher quality, much longer, but more of a slow burn.
Yeah most of what I’ve read said the exploration and space combat is pretty underwhelming which is a little disappointing but definitely not unexpected.

Think McFly Think

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game will have mod support in the future which will make it better I’m sure.

Think McFly Think

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only real similarity between Starfield and No Man’s Sky is that they’re in space in my estimation. Bethesda crafts maybe not always amazing but pretty deep stories and engaging quests with lots of dialogue and character variety.

No Man’s Sky at least the last time I played it the quests were not really all that interesting; it was mostly learning the different alien languages and then the Atlas stuff or whatever it was called. Granted I haven’t played Starfield yet or No Man’s Sky since I believe two updates ago but as I stated before lots of reviews said Starfield exploration isn’t great and NMS’ is pretty good now I think that’s the only category you can really compare and contrast the two.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game will have mod support in the future which will make it better I’m sure.
I fear the accuracy of this statement. They never went live with any mod capability in 76 and the mod capability in 4 was REALLY clamped down.

Think McFly Think

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fear the accuracy of this statement. They never went live with any mod capability in 76 and the mod capability in 4 was REALLY clamped down.
Fair, I’ve just seen people say this, I can’t actually say this is fact but given the opportunity it seems like a world that would benefit greatly from modding.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair, I’ve just seen people say this, I can’t actually say this is fact but given the opportunity it seems like a world that would benefit greatly from modding.
My understanding is that this will be primarily single player, so mods SHOULD be easier to implement. So I do anticipate at least the existence of a mod community. However, the way Bethesda has clamped down on the monetization of their IP over the last 10 years or so, I expect that modding will need to go through their interface, much like it was done in 4.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am seriously considering picking this up for the general launch this evening. It is more expensive than I am comfortable spending for a solo game, but the only option is to wait 3-4 years in order to save $50. If I get 100 hours out of this game, that 2 hours per dollar. I will deal.

Has anyone played the early release? I have tried to avoid major spoilery videos, but the general consensus I see on my YouTube feed is that has been received well.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am seriously considering picking this up for the general launch this evening. It is more expensive than I am comfortable spending for a solo game, but the only option is to wait 3-4 years in order to save $50. If I get 100 hours out of this game, that 2 hours per dollar. I will deal.

Has anyone played the early release? I have tried to avoid major spoilery videos, but the general consensus I see on my YouTube feed is that has been received well.

seems like it's really good. haters gonna hate.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
graphics in game aren't particularly amazing but I have an Xbox s so that's likely the issue. Haven't gotten far into the game but I ventured off after the first mission just to get mechanics down and grind a little and I've been sitting in this same abandoned lab for like an hour lol. Sometimes non linear can be a little tedious.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this game free on Gamepass? Wanted to try it out but not dropping $70 or whatever on something

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
graphics in game aren't particularly amazing but I have an Xbox s so that's likely the issue. Haven't gotten far into the game but I ventured off after the first mission just to get mechanics down and grind a little and I've been sitting in this same abandoned lab for like an hour lol. Sometimes non linear can be a little tedious.
I just finished clearing the pirate den at the very start. I am really just playing with the mechanics of the game as well. I need to find a vendor, stat. I have already maxed out the cargo hold and Velco and am still well above my carry weight. I don’t know the economics of the game enough to confidently drop anything yet.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this game free on Gamepass? Wanted to try it out but not dropping $70 or whatever on something
I don’t have GamePass, but I think I read over the weekend that it is included.