• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Starfield

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just finished clearing the pirate den at the very start. I am really just playing with the mechanics of the game as well. I need to find a vendor, stat. I have already maxed out the cargo hold and Velco and am still well above my carry weight. I don’t know the economics of the game enough to confidently drop anything yet.

I dropped anyway lol

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow Game Pass has my email address associated to a GP account that doesn’t belong to me, so sometimes I get update emails from them.

I just got an email from them this morning advertising access to SF.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow Game Pass has my email address associated to a GP account that doesn’t belong to me, so sometimes I get update emails from them.

I just got an email from them this morning advertising access to SF.

Sweet. Might have to check that out this weekend then

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like it's really good. haters gonna hate.
Its weird to think of a game having an 87 on metacritic as anything other than good imo. Thats about where I expect the new Spider-man and new Mario game to land.

Fallout New Vegas pretty famously got an 84.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 2 “days” in (after work both days) and it seems OK so far. It doesn’t have the personality of Fallout, and that is unfortunate. It seems like it takes itself a bit too seriously (for a Bethesda game, at least).

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 2 “days” in (after work both days) and it seems OK so far. It doesn’t have the personality of Fallout, and that is unfortunate. It seems like it takes itself a bit too seriously (for a Bethesda game, at least).

it's addicting but the characters lack a bit of depth thus far.

Some Side Missions take like 3 hours to complete lol.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's addicting but the characters lack a bit of depth thus far.

Some Side Missions take like 3 hours to complete lol.
I am not far enough in really have any missions completed yet. I am only level 4 (or thereabouts) and just got accepted into the first faction. I spent most of my 2nd day trying to organize my inventory and figuring out how I will work the base vs the ship vs personal inventory, etc and trying to figure out what gear I want to keep and all that.

I expect to do some serious mission grinding this weekend.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not far enough in really have any missions completed yet. I am only level 4 (or thereabouts) and just got accepted into the first faction. I spent most of my 2nd day trying to organize my inventory and figuring out how I will work the base vs the ship vs personal inventory, etc and trying to figure out what gear I want to keep and all that.

I expect to do some serious mission grinding this weekend.

I'd lose my mind if I sat and studied all the different weapons we get. i recommend maxing out weight lifting so you can get that storage up lol

Every kill drops a weapon. I mean you can spend the entire game encumbered or just roll on

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd lose my mind if I sat and studied all the different weapons we get. i recommend maxing out weight lifting so you can get that storage up lol

Every kill drops a weapon. I mean you can spend the entire game encumbered or just roll on
I am add when it comes to Bethesda games. For me, it is all about the storage mechanism. (I am sick, I know it and acknowledge it)

But yes, weightlifting has already been tagged and I am already working on it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I am a few days in and I have some EARLY thoughts.

1) As I stated earlier, the tone is a bit sterile. Elder Scrolls and Fallout both have very distinct tones and personality. This is just there. To be fair, both ES and FO have had decades to build their universes. It isn’t right to expect a new IP to have that depth on day 1.

2) I play on PC, but I use an X-box controller. And the controls are clunky as hell. The ship builder, specifically, is a hot mess. This may be based on my unfamiliarity with how this part, specifically, moves, but that is my initial thought.

3) Documentation is total crap. There are so many aspects that don’t have any easily findable directions in game. Depending on the community to write your instruction manual is kinda cheap, imho.

4) The maps are slightly bugged and VERY lacking. This is getting a lot of play online, so I suspect this will be one of the first things they address in coming patches.

5) There needs to be better visibility into the over-all specs of your ships. For example, there are 3 factors that determine how many crew you can have. I am not certain what terms the game uses. 1st, you need to have quarters for each crew member on your ship. THIS IS NOT VISIBLE ON YOUR SHIP SUMMARY (at least, I havent found it). 2nd, you need a job for your crew. Different modules provide a certain number of jobs (I have seen anywhere from 0.25 to 2.0). 3rd, your characters skill level determines how many crew you are able to command. These 3 numbers should be clearly visible on the ship summary. It is a good system that just needs some tweaking.

6) I am still early, so I may be wrong about this, but the storage needs a lot of work. You don’t want to keep your main storage on your ship, because you have limited space on your ship. But your first “home” that you get with the first faction only 1 storage unit, and it isn’t consistent in how it works (Research does not access this storage, but cooking, I think, does). I like having multiple storage units so I can have serious logic to my inventory. To be fair, I think this is possible at outposts. I just haven’t built one yet, so this may be a moot point.

7) The quest list needs a way to organize by location of the current step. Having to constantly cycle through the tons of pending quests that I have to find ones that pertain to my current planet or system is fast becoming a pain in the ass. Badlands had their quests sorted by location, so I know this concept exists.

8) This is probably just me, but I hate that they appear to have abandoned the old system of weapon/armor mods in favor of the Badlands system of Rare/Exotic/Legendary/Unique. I just want a weapon chassis (that can have specific effects) that I can add the mods to (each mod has its own standard effects as well as “special” effects)

Thats a lot, but overall, I have to give the game an early BIG thumbs up. The bugs appear to be few and far between, and the ones that do exist are relatively minor. It has some insane system requirements, but that is expected (I just bought my gaming box a couple years ago and I am running into some SERIOUS lag (NPC lips never sync up to the dialogue).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note…

Apparently, the ammo boxes at your first “home” can actually store anything. Maybe this location is somewhat salvageable…

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not perfect, but i enjoy playing it I'm still learning something new everyday. I feellike i have to survey everything.

Happy to funally be able to fly b ships now.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not perfect, but i enjoy playing it I'm still learning something new everyday. I feellike i have to survey everything.

Happy to funally be able to fly b ships now.
I have boarded a couple ships now that I am not qualified to fly. Such a waste.

I am now prioritizing the Pilot skill…

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny how many mods there are that are bringing StarWars into starfield. Fucking dorks cannot move passed starwars, and enjoy something new.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny how many mods there are that are bringing StarWars into starfield. Fucking dorks cannot move passed starwars, and enjoy something new.
I don’t want to install any mods yet. The game has only been out about 2 weeks and has only had 1 patch. This thing is a HUGE work in progress. Let it settle for at least a few months before you start correcting your save game files with mods…

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t want to install any mods yet. The game has only been out about 2 weeks and has only had 1 patch. This thing is a HUGE work in progress. Let it settle for at least a few months before you start correcting your save game files with mods…
game saves editing arent mods thats hacking. Mods are changing the game itself.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured Bethesda fans were more on the Star Trek side of things.

The gist I have heard is that Starfield is a better 'shooter' than expected so I'd almost expect the mods to follow suit towards that strength

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This game looks like it will be a once in a generation game, that will change the industry and won't be able to replicated.

September 6th can't come fast enough.
Wil there be a PC Version?

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3