• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G53 27-16-10 Kings @ Penguins 2/18/24

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glaring need for a response guy last 2 games....

That'll never happen under Bowlby. He's built a team like a poor man's dinner, find whatever in the pantry and fridge, throw it together and see how it tastes. No recipe.

Lombardi not only looked for character he looked for toughness. Guys like Greene, Mitchell, Regehr, Clifford, Simmonds, etc. They didn't really have any goons that I can remember (Ivanans early on to protect guys and later a useless Westgarth - who am I missing?) but the culture of team toughness kept other teams on their toes.

Bottom line: no one took any shit.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cantplay!

Off rikell

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore ooof

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cantplay shorty!!

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Talbot can hold the fort here, they are going to push hard here right now.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid, they looked gassed but dug in. Well done. Come from behind wins in roughly 36 hours, don't like to see that but wins are wins and the Kings need them.

$11.5 million Mr Norris pretty much useless. Only $1.5 million of that contract is retained by SJ, enjoy that albatross for another 3 years.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talbot kept them in it and Kempe scored the goals

Hate to say it but I was cringing wondering if Talbot was going to give up a 7-11 Special. Glad he proved me wrong and he needed this for confidence alone let alone stats.

4-1 under Jill, 3-1 on this road trip - apart from that Buffalo stinker solid trip. Fox just said he spoke with Kempe after the AS break and Kempe said the atmosphere in the locker room was awful. Keep in mind they won that last game against Nashville too right before but Rittich stole that one, tells me McLellan did indeed lose the room no matter what these guys say. They're professionals, what else are they supposed to say?

Jill's magic may not last, but the change in the room, trying new things out, not relying solely on vets, giving guys chances (Talbot, Arty Retardy, Turcotte, etc) was exactly what this team needed for this stretch run.

The last 3 wins have been by 1 goal, so they're getting back to playing tight hockey when it's crunch time. Hopefully it keeps going, only 29 games left in the season and less than 3 weeks to the TDL.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched a bit of the post game, PON says "hanging out with the great Derek Armstrong", of course he's pandering but el oh el.

Best average 3C 4C ever Mr Bluc are 6 and 7.

=)~~

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say it but I was cringing wondering if Talbot was going to give up a 7-11 Special. Glad he proved me wrong and he needed this for confidence alone let alone stats.

4-1 under Jill, 3-1 on this road trip - apart from that Buffalo stinker solid trip. Fox just said he spoke with Kempe after the AS break and Kempe said the atmosphere in the locker room was awful. Keep in mind they won that last game against Nashville too right before but Rittich stole that one, tells me McLellan did indeed lose the room no matter what these guys say. They're professionals, what else are they supposed to say?

Jill's magic may not last, but the change in the room, trying new things out, not relying solely on vets, giving guys chances (Talbot, Arty Retardy, Turcotte, etc) was exactly what this team needed for this stretch run.

The last 3 wins have been by 1 goal, so they're getting back to playing tight hockey when it's crunch time. Hopefully it keeps going, only 29 games left in the season and less than 3 weeks to the TDL.

They needed the line mix ups is all. Sure you will get break downs as they learn each other....but they need to learn each other. How stupid can you be not to swap some guys around for a bit, seriously Todd needs to be kicked in the nuts fucking hard. Winless in 15 and dont fucking change anything?? Wtf is wrong with you.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hallmark of McLellan, reluctance to change. That's a good thing when you're rebuilding and establishing systems but once a team has reached beyond Systems 101 detailed nuances and subtle changes are needed.

He's been that way forever, and he is a decent coach but not one that will ever win a Cup unless he learns how to not be such a stubborn brick head.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you rewatch how much Sutter changed stuff up, and Quennville for Chicago too, it was all the time. They didn't just let things continue to not work. 2012 Kings were a machine and were injury free. Almost the exact same line up the whole run. Very fortunate to have that, honestly. But 2014 is a master class in adjustments. Down 0-3 to Sharks and here comes this random Toffoli-Carter-Pearson line. Defense scrambling with injuries to Mitchell and Regehr. Chicago same way. Kane struggling so they shuffle their lines and gave LA a real hard time Games 5-7. So much of the game is adjustments now, and getting favorable matchups. Riding hot hands etc.

Not saying structure and familiarity aren't important, but if it's not working over 16-18 games? Dude! Change it up.

Even if this doesn't work out, McLlelan had to go.