• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

some off season news

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...t-after-free-agent-kevin-hayes-155957844.html

figures that would happen. not sold on the kid but still rather take a chance on a kid like this then say ruslitov ozelov whoever that was.

Two more years! Charles Wang agrees to a deal to (eventually) sell Islanders, Isles fans rejoice | NJ.com

not for anything but the guy kept the team there when he probably could've moved them. he has spent money on them (a little) but he didn't have to keep tavares. also see the dipetrio deal.....the guy was willing to spend money. islander fans should be a little more grateful i think. sure the management fiasco's are baffling but losing x amount of millions a year they should happy

Devils owner: "I don't intend to sell the Devils or Sixers. Ever." | Politi Bits | NJ.com

obviously they are going to say they will never sell. lets see when the new expansion teams get announced and one isn't in the QC with the isles sale probably in the 400 million area? maybe (rumored) the devils could fetch a hefty number. doubt it happens though.

funny they mention the outside of the arena and i couldn't agree more the place is disgusting outside. sure they are working on stuff but its been almost 10 years! then again i'm not the type to go 2 hours early to a game in December to go eat at chilli's before the game either. still think they should've just put this arena in the meadowlands.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Outside could be better, but its not terrible.
Few good places to grab food or a drink.
The Dino BBQ place has great food and a good selection of drinks and drafts.

Plus yes, its been 7 years since the Devils have first played there, but lets not forget the economy took a dive in 2007 and only recently is slowly recovering.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do you have a link to the Habs thing? Curious what it looks like.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have a link to the Habs thing? Curious what it looks like.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTIsuCSFuj8]Montreal Canadiens 2014 Playoffs Pre-Game Intro - YouTube[/ame]

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yahoo! Sports

agree with nieds leaving being the biggest blow to this team.

the 3rd jerseys are amazingly brutal

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I still think Parise leaving hurt the most. Nieds won us three cups. Parise was supposed to drag us to another...

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that you say that. I don't think I ever mentioned this before, mostly because it is completely irrelevant, but I interned with the Devils the year before the strike, in the marketing department. One of my gameday responsibilities was to pick the Score-O participants out of the pile of cards that people had filled out. So in a way, I will be helping the Devils win the shootout this year. :yes:

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that you say that. I don't think I ever mentioned this before, mostly because it is completely irrelevant, but I interned with the Devils the year before the strike, in the marketing department. One of my gameday responsibilities was to pick the Score-O participants out of the pile of cards that people had filled out. So in a way, I will be helping the Devils win the shootout this year. :yes:

We're counting on you dude...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

how is that not relevant! we are fans of the team you can give some unique insight as to how fucked up their sales department is.

i still gotta say being a devils ticket sales has to be the hardest job in the area. there is zero demand for tickets. i've been a fan my entire life and never once had to go through the team for tickets. love hearing their sales pitch

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got rid of my season tickets mainly because of the lockout and ever since I get a phone call at least once a month (sometimes several times a month) asking if I want to sign up. If I knew how to haggle I could probably get an amazing deal on season tickets but I just don't have the time anymore.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got rid of my season tickets mainly because of the lockout and ever since I get a phone call at least once a month (sometimes several times a month) asking if I want to sign up. If I knew how to haggle I could probably get an amazing deal on season tickets but I just don't have the time anymore.

I would rather get Center Ice or GameCenter anyways.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i have to give people with season tickets credit.

i'm a super die hard fan of the devils no matter what. even if i could afford the season tickets i doubt i would want them. 41 games during winter is a tough thing to get to. thats a tough commitment!

i start my work day at 7am. if there is a game that night i would have a couple hours in traffic to get home do what i have to do and then go to a game for 2+ hours. not getting home til like 930-10. sometimes there are back to back home games on top of it! noway thats not for me

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was working in the city when I had them so it was a 10 minute train ride which wasn't too bad. But yeah, there were a lot of nights where I really didn't want to go, long day, exhausted, didn't feel well, but went anyway because I was meeting people there and I didn't want them to go to waste. At this point I'm a 5-10 games a year guy.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Its also the fast paced environment of our area. A lot of us do not just work from 9-5. Those days for most of us are long gone. My day is like this. I wake up early, check emails, fix what I need to fix, check what I need to check, work out, eat quick, check email again, go to office, usually work late, come home, eat with family, check email, hang out with kids and wife, kids go to sleep, I again work and then finally pass out and do same next day.
Even weekends we work.
For me, season tickets are not happening until I retire.
Half the time I am watching the game, I am also working.
Most people I know have similar schedules. Plus if you have your own family, forget it.

What is funny, I traveled to Atlanta, Jacksonville, New Orleans, and its totally different there. The offices there, its so slow paced.
Its acceptable for people to take longer breaks, leave early, etc. No wonder those states fill up any stadium for sporting events. They got time.