• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roster Projection

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep
McCoy
Daniels

Gore
Hunter
James
Miller
Dixon (I'd rather have Jewel Hampton tbh)

Williams
Moore
Baldwin
Patton
Boldin
Hawkins

Davis
McDonald
Celek

Snyder
Staley
Iupati
Kilgore
Goodwin
Davis
Boone
Looney

Justin
Ray Ray
Dorsey
Williams
Tofatufu (sp?)
Dobbs

Aldon
Brooks
Willis
Bowman
Wilhoite
Moody
Lemonier
Johnson
Skuta

Nmandi
Rogers
Brown
Brock
Cox
Cooper

Whitner
Dahl
Spilman
Reid

Lee
Dawson
Jennings

Practice Squad
Gray
Morris
Okoye
Jacobs
Hampton
Jerod Eddie
Robinson

Red Shirt
Tank
Lattimore
Dial
Marquerett (sp?)

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap: like ur roster list.

Sure glad I'm not the coach, tough choices need to be made. :gaah:

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would change Cooper and Robinson on the list and I think you are right

GoldBlooded

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the surprise players to make the team?

First post.

Every year there is a surprise(Celek) player to make the team. What player or players shock everyone and make the 53?

Also, there always seems to be a player or 2 that we snatch up from another team right before the 53 is finalized. Do you see us grabbing anyone of worth that's in danger of getting cut from another team? And who?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would change Cooper and Robinson on the list and I think you are right

I don't know, I look at Robinson as a somewhat undersized FS in our system whereas Cooper has the physical tools that I feel teams would be willing to take a chance on. When I put Cooper on the 53, it was because I didn't think he would make it through waivers. I don't think we would have a problem sending Robinson through waivers though.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No love for Lavelle Hawkins?

LavelleHawkins.gif

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't have Hawkins making the team. Too similar to guys who are ahead of him in the depth chart like Moore, Patton, and Williams. He's made some nice plays, and I've always felt he underachieved in the NFL, but so it goes. At this point, I'm fine going into the season with five receivers, unless the outlook on Manningham and Crabtree is worse than the team is letting on (to be fair, a distinct possibility).

Re: the DB discussion, Cooper was a 7th round pick who didn't even start in college. I'm not aware of him putting great film together in the preseason. I'd think he'd stick on the PS. The Cooper/Robinson/Thomas battle is one of the interesting ones to watch. Will we go five and five, six and four, or five and four at CB and DB, respectively.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have Hawkins making the team. Too similar to guys who are ahead of him in the depth chart like Moore, Patton, and Williams. He's made some nice plays, and I've always felt he underachieved in the NFL, but so it goes. At this point, I'm fine going into the season with five receivers, unless the outlook on Manningham and Crabtree is worse than the team is letting on (to be fair, a distinct possibility).

Re: the DB discussion, Cooper was a 7th round pick who didn't even start in college. I'm not aware of him putting great film together in the preseason. I'd think he'd stick on the PS. The Cooper/Robinson/Thomas battle is one of the interesting ones to watch. Will we go five and five, six and four, or five and four at CB and DB, respectively.

I agree on Hawkins. Maybe if we didn't have Crabtree and manningham coming back. Also he did make a hell of a play no doubt but he shouldn't have had the ball pop up like that he should've caught it clean. Not taking away from run after catch tho

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think your view is a fair assessment. But I do believe that teams (Raiders? Jac?) that are starving for DB help will look at a CB that has played well in preseason with all the physical tools that Cooper possesses over that of Robinson because of the respective positions that they play.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LMJ hurt his knee. They may keep Hawkins around temporarily for his KR abilities. They may also want another WR body around until Manningham returns and make the cut from there, as opposed to cutting from another position.

His highlights really exemplifies his talents and his knuckleheadedness. But I'd definitely keep him in place of Hall or Collie at this point because one or both should be available from the street. Think Hawkins will end up on a roster somewhere.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRs - boldin,baldwin,KW,Patton, Moore and/or Hawkins.... I'll hold on to Hawkins cuz his return ability and speed could be very useful in opportunistic moments...

Wait til MM n Crabtree come back and make the cuts as necessary....

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It will be interesting to see if Moore sticks by the time Crabtree gets back if everyone's healthy.